Hi,

We probably need to use a lawyer in Davao to assist processing some divorce stuff which needs to pass through a Regional Trial Court, anyone know or used a "good" lawyer in Davao del Sur? Going to Davao in March

Cheers
Barrie

FYI this is the reason :-

I am married to a Filipino, we were married here in UK, she was previously married in America and then her ex husband filed for divorce from America which was granted, however the NSO still registers her previous marriage, so I cant change her passport yet or file report of marriage, I know what I have to do but could do with some legal hand holding - this is what I need to do :-

The following guidelines shall be followed in the annotation of the foreign-issued divorce decree with the Office of the Civil Registrar General in the Philippines:

1.The foreign divorce decree must be judicially enforced or confirmed in the Philippines by filing the proper civil action at the Regional Trial Court in the Philippines (RTC-Phil).

2.The court decision shall be registered in the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the concerned RTC-Phil functions.

3.The registered document shall be submitted to the Local Civil Registrar where the marriage is registered. If the marriage was registered overseas, the registered document shall be submitted to the City Civil Registry Office at the Manila City Hall (CCRO Manila).

4.The following documents shall be submitted to CCRO Manila in annotating a civil registry document
a.Original or Certified True Copy of the foreign judgment or order duly registered at the City Civil Registry Office at the Manila City Hall (CCRO Manila).
b.Original or Certified True Copy of the Certificate of Finality of the decision of Regional Trial Court (RTC-Phil).
c.Certificate of Registration of the decision of Regional Trial Court (RTC-Phil) at the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the concerned RTC-Phil functions.

5.After the annotation at the Local Civil Registrar’s Office (LCRO), the annotated documents and its requirements must be submitted to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General (OCRG) in Manila.