Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Legalized Marriage and Birth Certificate.....

Hello good day,does anybody here recently have their marriage and birth cert legalized at Phil. Embassy in London?How long does it take? I cant find any information regarding this at their website and my schedule is quite tight so I'm hoping anybody here can help me....what are the procedures by the way? thanx a lot for the help...
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Sorry, can't answer your question but why not give them a call?

Yes, talk to the Embassy.

What is it that you are trying to achieve ?

Did try to phone them but all I get is automated service....I'm trying to have my marriage and birth cert legalized for Schengen visa......will just go there and hope I will get it same day....thanx a lot....
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart

Quote Originally Posted by Leen View Post
    Did try to phone them but all I get is automated service...I'm trying to have my marriage and birth cert legalized for Schengen visa......will just go there and hope I will get it same day....thanx a lot....
    Personally I would suggest you contact the Embassy of the EU country you plan to visit by e-mail asking what they require in connection with your marriage certificate.
    Many Embassies have a different view and policy.
    Be sure to inform them your Marriage certificate is in English Language.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Personally I would suggest you contact the Embassy of the EU country you plan to visit by e-mail asking what they require in connection with your marriage certificate.
    Many Embassies have a different view and policy.
    Be sure to inform them your Marriage certificate is in English Language.
    Hello Terpe I did but from Italian Embassy website this is what I get....

Note: Marriage and full birth certificates issued outside the EU must be original and duly translated into English by a certified translator, and legalized with a stamp obtained from Embassy or Consulate of applicants country of origin in the UK Italian Citizens’ spouses will also need to be registered at the AIRE office. of the Consulate General of Italy in London, and their marriage should also be registered there.

so I think I really need to have my marriage and birth cert legalized.....just one thing that bothers us is to provide flight tickets and hotel bookings which we are hesitant just in case they will not issue me a visa or do you think I have a much better chance if i'll provide it as well? please enlighten me, thanx

Oh dear, the Italian Embassy.......
    Yes, unfortunately they are very tricky.

In connection with flight tickets and hotel bookings you shouldn't need to provide them according to the Schengen rules when you are the spouse of an EU citizen and are travelling together.
    But having said that the Italian Embassy may have a different approach.

Good luck

PS:
    Here's a typical 'harmonised' Schengen Visa application form

Fill out the application form from the relevant embassy for YOU, not the above example.
    The typical form shown above is just to show what questions are asked, the questions are the same in all Schengen countries forms.

Take notice of the form footnote about questions marked with *

The note (at the bottom) states:-

The fields marked with * shall not be filled in by family members of EU, EEA or CH citizens (spouse, child or dependent ascendant) while exercising their right to free movement. Family members of EU, EEA or CH citizens shall present documents to prove this relationship and fill in fields No 34 and 35.

Thread Information