Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Totally agree!
    U like mystery Jamie...How's about this for a bit of mystery..your new wife happened not to tell you she got an additional 2 kiddies somewhere..or she was a hooker b4 you came on the scene but forgot to mention it....or u wonder why u got an itch in your grion..oOps you got an std...never mind..it's great to have a bit of mystery

Fun and mystery are for holiday romances..not life long relationships
    Just my opinion folks

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post

Cheers Arthur
    ... pleasure's mine, Mark. It's most unusual for me not to have appended my Christian name whenever I've dished out rep ... and I only noticed this oversight after I'd submitted the accompanying *message (the *wording of which, was meant in all sincerity - hence its length!)

Thanks for your reciprocal gesture. Happy New Year ... and may 2014 bring you and your loved ones renewed joy & fulfillment.

Banned
    Cheers Arthur Same as, same as

I know weve been crossing swords of late..I dont mean anything by it Arthur..You me, all mouth and trousers ........just contrasting opinions

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Aww come on Michael, you know you used that line all the time.

One of mine was "I buy a lady a drink to say thankyou, not please".

Another: " What would you like for breakfast ?"

Makes me cringe now.
    What about, "You are beautiful people"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    What about, "You are beautiful people"
    i noticed today on the beach a few ladies from the sub continent with middle aged westerners. These chicks were equally beautiful but without the designer gear.........still plenty of filipina here too with their husbands and children

Trusted Member
    Ayup...on which beach ? Have I missed something ?

U like mystery Jamie...How's about this for a bit of mystery..your new wife happened not to tell you she got an additional 2 kiddies somewhere..or she was a hooker b4 you came on the scene but forgot to mention it....or u wonder why u got an itch in your grion..oOps you got an std...never mind..it's great to have a bit of mystery

Fun and mystery are for holiday romances..not life long relationships
    Just my opinion folks
    To be fair, Mark, a lot people have skeletons in the closet or leave the glass half empty so to speak so you'll always have that element of mystery. Although in your case, what she did was pretty naughty and can't be condoned.

Someone once said to me, you don't have a good idea of someone until you've been in their company regularly for at least two years. I go along with that.

Trusted Member
    I thought the same...which is why I lived with the ex for a year in the Phils before getting hitched.

Still didn't stop her successfully hiding the fact that she had a daughter as well as a son (and he was supposed to have been adopted by, and living permanently with her parents in the province) .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    To be fair, Mark, a lot people have skeletons in the closet or leave the glass half empty so to speak so you'll always have that element of mystery. Although in your case, what she did was pretty naughty and can't be condoned.

Someone once said to me, you don't have a good idea of someone until you've been in their company regularly for at least two years. I go along with that.
    yep, I agree..I courted my first wife for 2 years b4 we married...that relationship lasted 27 years The
    idea of a long courtship is to find out whether we can put up with each others ways so to speak. Not to see what, if anything, comes out dirty in the washing machine

If honesty isnt forthcoming at the start then in my book, you are flogging a dead horse

Trusted Member
    Yet there are still people arranging fiancee/spouse visas for girls from a totally different culture and lifestyle, with whom they've spent a fortnight.

(For half of which time....the bloke was in jet-lag).

Banned
    Yet there are still people arranging fiancee/spouse visas for girls from a totally different culture and lifestyle, with whom they've spent a fortnight.

(For half of which time....the bloke was in jet-lag).
    know Graham....nobody in their right mind would think of doing such a thing with an English girl..we'd all be locked up....yet some, me included, believed the BS being put about by all and sundry. They pot pot and bleed just like us!!..they are no different to us....only their sheltered lives make them different...you and I have both experienced how they change after settling down to a comfortable life here i the UK......They can be no different.

I was observing these sub continent gfs and wives of white males yesterday...they are far from showy types like the ones i lumbered myself with.

Much thought is goin on here..I'm at a crossroads..this time i will make the right choice

Just my opinion

Trusted Member
    Just don't get married again mate...no need.

Ayup...on which beach ? Have I missed something ?
    I wonder?

Banned
    Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa And it's wonderful. Same time difference and only a 4 hour flight. I couldn't ask for more

BTW...I'm in a superior Suite

Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa And it's wonderful. Same time difference and only a 4 hour flight. I couldn't ask for more

BTW... I'm in a superior Suite
    Good on ya, mate. Hadn't realised you were on holiday, ... but it's well~deserved and I'm sure it'll do you a lot of good!

Enjoy Mark, will do you good!

Trusted Member

BTW...I'm in a superior Suite
    Haha...you jammy git. Just go easy on the clubbing and boozing.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    I was a member of some dating sites, I have talked to different kinds of people and I must say that being in a dating site (if you are a person who thinks) makes you exposed to a different world where you have lots of choices, where you can control who you can be or where you can be yourself for the first time. I would tell this as what I experienced being a member of online dating sites.

As a stranger for the eyes of the other members of a dating site, you are free to show who really you are, I know that I am not the only one who will agree to this but all of you, no one really knows who we are aside from ourselves. Even our parents and bestfriends don't really know who we are, who we can be, and what we can do. I was once a stranger to somebody and I was able to tell him the worst, best, darkest, nastiest things that happened/ I did in my life. I can tell a stranger how evil I am and how I do bad things and How I lie to someone I know. I can tell how I hate my mother for that day, and I can tell how I think about the hottest man I know. Once you confess, they will just listen and they will not judge you because yeah, they do not know who you are. That's really one of the perks of being in an online dating site.

My profile contains simple adjectives that best describe me, could be too good to be true but it's real and the people I met could tell, my point is, I am looking for someone who can be my other half someday, and it would be painful if that man met your lies and the person who you want to be and not you, the real you.

I know how to determine if my contact is a poser, they will give you lots of excuses just not to give their facebook, yahoo, or doesnt want to be seen on cam, well you could also tell it from the pictures they sent.

before I met my fiance, I was a member of three dating sites; filipina cupid, date in asia (where I met my fiancee), international cupid for three years.

All in all, I only met 4 foreign men.

A french, A german, An american and my fiancee a british. The french guy was just okay, we met and that's it. the german was a BIG mistake, the american was too perfect and I know we cannot be together and the british is the best among all the men I met (obviously)

Three men who I havent met are still my friends. It is really easy to gain friends especially if you are showing who really you are.

When I saw my fiance's profile on date in asia, I felt strange with his picture, until now I always say it to others, it was real, really real. I felt something strange just looking at his picture, was thinking that something will happen between the two of us. I sent him a message. On his profile he indicated that he is receiving a lot of messages, 200 everyday so he cannot read it all. He later tell me that the women who are messaging him tell the same things; "I know how to cook, I can cook for you." blah blah which made him notice my message. My message was:

"I don't know how you are going to notice my message, BUZZ?"

he replied and told me that he noticed it and it stood out among the 400 others. after exchanging two messages on that site, he then told me "you are funny, I know we will get along well, we should get married one day."

after 392 days, we are now planning for our wedding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information