Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: child's concern

child's concern

im having my son over here in england by next year probably middle of the year which he'll be 6 by that time.can he be able to study here immediately or is there still a certain time for him to wait until he can start his school in here? back in the philippines he's in his kinder1 already and would that continue until he comes over or does he have to take a test and see what level would he be in? and what visa status would that be when he comes over and i think it will be settlement visa already automatically is that what it is? i want to know all about this matters.thanks!!!

Mel

your son will be placed in mainstream school with no problems whatsoever, just decide which school you want your child to go to, and go and visit the school registrations office.

As you son is 6 years old, he will probably be in 2nd year infants, as long as your Son can speak some english, there should be no problem integrating him into our education system.

Make sure when your son comes, you apply for your child benefit for your son, its a universal benefit and anyone can get it, providing they reside in the UK, its about £17.00 per week for the 1st child, or slightly less, you can check the rates on the Child Benefit website.

As you child will be on a settlement visa, it will be for 24 months most likely, at the end of the 24 months, your child can apply to be made a permanenet resident, although if you arrived in UK first, I am not too sure about how that stands, but it should follow suit that your child will be settled with you here, without too much let or hindrance from the Home Office.

If you came ahead of your child, and your child applies direct to the British Embassy Manila, they will want to establish that your son is actually your son...but I am sure you will have the neccessary documentation to prove that..

Best of luck, I hope your son is well and comes soon to be with you...
    bring him to the barrio fiesta next year, find me, I will welcome him.

Thread Information