Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

"I don't come to rob your country. I come to work and then go home,"

Romanians met by MPs as they arrive on first flight to UK after labour market restrictions lifted

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ns-lifted.html

Pull the other one pal It won't be long before he's skimming ATM cards and stealing copper cable

Respected Member
    Lol. What does the word "cynic" mean?

Banned
    I like the way he's already got a black economy cash in hand car wash job lined up - this flies in the face of the official line that EE migrants put more into the economy than they take out

Remember the show Auf Wiedersehen Pet? Bunch of Brits who went to Europe to earn more money, and doubtless they sent it back home or saved it to bring home, not put down roots in Germany. Disgusting huh

Maybe we shouldn't confuse what may just be normal people wanting to take an opportunity to WORK and earn more than they can back in a country which frankly wasn't ready to be admitted to the EU in the first place, with the hoards ready to come here to milk our benefits system (If you believe the media)

On the other hand, the two "oh so helpful, wanting to welcome" mp's, how about we house a load of the migrants on either side of Mr Reckless, ensure the non-english speaking kids go to the school any of his relatives kids attend, and let's have lots of these migrants taking jobs in restaurants, take-aways and as taxi drivers in Mr Vaz's constituency.

Still as welcoming when it comes directly to your interests are we? Or is it the usual thing from politicians - ok for "us peasants", but not for you

I feel sad sometimes reading posts here re: immigrants etc who wants to come in this country in order for these people to give better life for their families back home. It seems hypocritical, to think that the spouses of most members of this forum are immigrants.
    Come to think of it.. I don't want to offend anyone, but having a much younger and beautiful spouse really means that it was love at first for both of you...? Or is it the practicality that this country and its citizens offers a much better life than those who live back home.

I don't understand why some people cannot trust the humanity in them. When the circumstances change, would you like to be treated the same?

When I was young, I thought most British expats in my country were loud, white supremacist, who knows better, complain about the British gov't and the weather and complain even more about how stupid Filipinos are, how dirty and lazy or how the gov't run by the politicians...

NOW, I am keeping an open mind and I was proved wrong. Not ALL, Romanians or Filipinos etc whatever the nationality who migrates to different countries wants to rob or takes advantage of the economy. And not all young and beautiful spouses are gold diggers. They just want to have a better life, even that means kissing the husband who is old enough to be the father or grandfather (Sorry, if I sound offensive)

With NSA leaks etc, the people should be aware by now if who runs the show. Not the damned migrants who come here and wants to give their family back home a better life.
    Life as we make it

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    Remember the show Auf Wiedersehen Pet? Bunch of Brits who went to Europe to earn more money, and doubtless they sent it back home or saved it to bring home, not put down roots in Germany. Disgusting huh

Maybe we shouldn't confuse what may just be normal people wanting to take an opportunity to WORK nd earn more than they can back in a country which frankly wasn't ready to be admitted to the EU in the first place, with the hoards ready to come here to milk our benefits system (If you believe the media)

On the other hand, the two "oh so helpful, wanting to welcome" mp's, how about we house a load of the migrants on either side of Mr Reckless, ensure the non-english speaking kids go to the school any of his relatives kids attend, and let's have lots of these migrants taking jobs in restaurants, take-aways and as taxi drivers in Mr Vaz's constituency.

Still as welcoming when it comes directly to your interests are we? Or is it the usual thing from politicians - ok for "us peasants", but not for you

Well I live in Mr Vaz's constituency. And he is all for the muslim community which numbers about 98% of this area right now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    I feel sad sometimes reading posts here re: immigrants etc who wants to come in this country in order for these people to give better life for their families back home.
    Most of the Romanian immigrants are clearly parasites and criminals, they are only here for the benefits and because our system puts the law breakers before the victims of crime.

What I want to know is where they are going to stay.?. I am presuming with friends or family already here. It makes a mockery of the rules. If we want to bring a spouse and kids here we have to provide adequate accomodation.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    What I want to know is where they are going to stay.?. I am presuming with friends or family already here. It makes a mockery of the rules. If we want to bring a spouse and kids here we have to provide adequate accomodation.
    Of course tax paying and law-abiding families must be turned out of their homes so that the Bulgarian and Romanian economic migrants can have somewhere to live.

All's not well in the German Coalition on the same issue.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25575750

Most Romanians have the same issues as Filipinos in terms of culture and economic state. They will do whatever job just to have something to eat. I think you should be proud that this country is setting a good example to the rest of the world that it can take tolerance no matter what the color, background, beliefs etc.

We should not be people against people as we are not the one who made these by laws and rules. That's my opinion.
    Life as we make it

Banned
    Most Romanians have the same issues as Filipinos in terms of culture and economic state. They will do whatever job just to have something to eat. I think you should be proud that this country is setting a good example to the rest of the world that it can take tolerance no matter what the color, background, beliefs etc.

We should not be people against people as we are not the one who made these by laws and rules. That's my opinion.
    When Filipinos emigrate are they parasites leeching every welfare cent out of the host country, do they beg, con, cheat, steal, skim, scam, steal & shoplift ?

No I thought not

Banned

I know some Filipinos who does exactly the same. They pay an EU to gain residency here and take every benefits they can get or leave the country and rent out the place. Go back to Philippines and come here every now and then for paperwork.

Worse I know is an English who does exactly the same. Happens to be an accountant and does what some of those parasites you mentioned.

I think whatever their nationalities have good and bad. You can't generalise that most British are pedo, or most Americans are obese, most Australians are loud, most Filipinas are maids or scamming gold digger or Chinese as communist minded and Arabs terrorist.

As far as I know most of them come here to live in peace and wants to have a better life because this country can offer that.

The best part is you haven't got their holidays like Eid etc as British/Christian holidays. .but respecting it by being tolerant for them to practice and exercise their beliefs. Some may extreme in terms of their faith. But as long as they will not be aggravated like some of the populace do.. I think we will keep living in peace.

This country is not any different many years ago before those migrants came... except it is trying to behave the acceptance of being different.

I know a Romanian lady who annoys me in the Morrisons near me. She kept asking my ID every time I check out a wine.

She's a quite old.. and bump into her in bus one day and spoke to her. How she misses her children and grand children. How her culture is not any different to mine, how sad she feels about how some people in this country portray them as "scum and leeching parasites". To think that there are quite a few born and breed English are doing exactly the same. Being parasites and milking the system.. and well, the italians, Romanians, Filipinos, Spanish etc who works and pay taxes too.

I don't see how any different people can be.
    Life as we make it

I know some Filipinos who does exactly the same. They pay an EU to gain residency here and take every benefits they can get or leave the country and rent out the place. Go back to Philippines and come here every now and then for paperwork.

Worse I know is an English who does exactly the same. Happens to be an accountant and does what some of those parasites you mentioned.

I think whatever their nationalities have good and bad. You can't generalise that most British are pedo, or most Americans are obese, most Australians are loud, most Filipinas are maids or scamming gold digger or Chinese as communist minded and Arabs terrorist.

As far as I know most of them come here to live in peace and wants to have a better life because this country can offer that.

The best part is you haven't got their holidays like Eid etc as British/Christian holidays. .but respecting it by being tolerant for them to practice and exercise their beliefs. Some may extreme in terms of their faith. But as long as they will not be aggravated like some of the populace do.. I think we will keep living in peace.

This country is not any different many years ago before those migrants came... except it is trying to behave the acceptance of being different.

I know a Romanian lady who annoys me in the Morrisons near me. She kept asking my ID every time I check out a wine.

She's a quite old.. and bump into her in bus one day and spoke to her. How she misses her children and grand children. How her culture is not any different to mine, how sad she feels about how some people in this country portray them as "scum and leeching parasites". To think that there are quite a few born and breed English are doing exactly the same. Being parasites and milking the system.. and well, the italians, Romanians, Filipinos, Spanish etc who works and pay taxes too.

just as a matter of interest what country are you from ?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Profile states she's from Cebu, but is married and living in Worthing. I for one think she's making a very valid point and she has my respect and admiration for having the guts to say it

nobody is saying we don,t have scroungers and parasites but we do ,but what we don,t want is other countries effin scroungers and paristes as we have enough of our own.this country is very small and its becoming very over crowded we can,t take every person that wants a better life from every other country ,no room at the inn my friend .this country has changed by all recognition and not all for the better ,multi culturism does not work it causes resentment amongst local people the goverment now realises this but its too late the horse has bolted .what we must do is try and repair the damage thats already been done .everybody is struggling to survive because of mass immigration salaries have gone backwards yet the cost of living has kept going up and up .we are having to accept low wages because of immigrants will work for less money so our once comfortable living standards has been dragged down.schools can,t cope ,hospitals can,t cope ,housing can,t cope .and you wonder why the british people continue to get mad about it .rant over

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar

Well said, good for you Purple, Rep on it's way!

there are 10,000 british nationals claiming benfits in germany WTF dole money must be better over there

Ive given two reps in this thread..Both have opposing views!!
    What is going on here?
    One thing I will say.. I`m very very glad I`m not a brand new school leaver in the UK these days.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Profile states she's from Cebu, but is married and living in Worthing. I for one think she's making a very valid point and she has my respect and admiration for having the guts to say it
    Absolutely. ..I first read her post here last night. All totally true Purple. I was doing just the same in France in the 80s and 90s when they had 50 hours per week working restrictions. ..us British went over there to do the work they couldn't. ...We weren't very popular either.
    We all do the best for our families. ..I'd do it all again if I had to.
    Family comes first before patriotism.
    A rep for Purple for putting over valid points

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Ive given two reps in this thread..Both have opposing views!!
    What is going on here?
    One thing I will say.. I`m very very glad I`m not a brand new school leaver in the UK these days.

I can't think of a better place

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinent View Post
    Of course tax paying and law-abiding families must be turned out of their homes so that the Bulgarian and Romanian economic migrants can have somewhere to live.
    I don't get it...why oh why do folks still consider mainland Europe as separate to us
    Why is the comparison always brought up with our loved ones in the Philippines. Europe and the UK are one entity! !!

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I don't get it...why oh why do folks still consider mainland Europe as separate to us
    Why is the comparison always brought up with our loved ones in the Philippines. Europe and the UK are one entity! !!
    mark I did not vote to be part of europe I along with many others hate the fact that many of our laws are controlled outside our borders .yes we can trade with all the countries but I draw the line at being told what to do by overpaid eurocrats .I have a long memory for example our lorry drivers getting pulled over and their loads getting set on fire by the french .nice bunch of guys eh ? The sooner we leave europe the better as far as i,m concerned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I totally disagree Gwap we are a sovereign independent Western European nation who joined the European Economic Community in 1973. It was an economic and trading pact formed of Western European nations. Some 20 years later it spawned into the European Community and then the European Union which dramatically expanded in the 21st century when former communist Eastern European and Baltic states joined. Without the agreement of UK nationals it has become an economic and political union imposing its rules, laws and treaties on member states. It is these treaties that allow citizens of poor, feral and economic basket case countries to reside and work in Britain. It is this flood of economic migrants that has brought massive pressures on our health, welfare, education, housing, law & order systems and structures. The same migrants have drastically affected our employment market bringing wages and salaries down along with creating massive unemployment particularly amongst the younger indigenous population.

I fully agree with Tiger the sooner we leave this shower and re-establish our own laws, conditions and way of life the better.

Banned
    I agree with both you and Brian, Ded....I was just pointing out that as it stands we are one with mainland Europe.
    I remember New years eve 1969 The Heath Government...We became joined at the hip with those foreigners.
    We never had the chance to vote for that either.
    I remember those beef runs Brian. .It was mob rule. .The police over there turned a blind eye. ..
    Ded, what you say has been proven correct. .The union hasn't worked out. ..The only way this is going to be reversed is us ALL of us to get behind the Conservative Government and vote them in for a 2nd term come the 2015 elections. ...This is the only way we. .Joe public are going to get a say whether we want in or out of Europe
    As a dad I will vote to get out of Europe. I want those job opportunities for mine. .not there kids
    As in the 80s and 90s. .I'm looking out for my own flesh and blood

It's a jungle out there.

I on the other hand understand and knows what people like Dedworth feels for this country, and as I have mentioned earlier.. we don't need to be people against people.
    As it can be hypocritical to dislike to an immigrant but married to one. Why can't be consistent to it?

Anyway, ded pointed out the obvious here. It has something to do with the govt, which its own people need to do something about against the government, not against the people who wants to come here.

What only concerns me sometimes, that I, as an immigrant don't want to be treated like a leech roaming around a foreign country, prejudge straight away.
    Life as we make it

I am from the pearl of the orient tiger.. Philippines.
    Life as we make it

nobody is saying we don,t have scroungers and parasites but we do ,but what we don,t want is other countries effin scroungers and paristes as we have enough of our own.this country is very small and its becoming very over crowded we can,t take every person that wants a better life from every other country ,no room at the inn my friend .this country has changed by all recognition and not all for the better ,multi culturism does not work it causes resentment amongst local people the goverment now realises this but its too late the horse has bolted .what we must do is try and repair the damage thats already been done .everybody is struggling to survive because of mass immigration salaries have gone backwards yet the cost of living has kept going up and up .we are having to accept low wages because of immigrants will work for less money so our once comfortable living standards has been dragged down.schools can,t cope ,hospitals can,t cope ,housing can,t cope .and you wonder why the british people continue to get mad about it .rant over
    I think reading too much dailymail and sun made some people here rant against immigrants that make some people here feel bitter and judgmental against the immigrants. If we are going to dislike them, at least we can be consistent and not be hypocritical about it, specially being married to one.
    Life as we make it

Banned
    I think reading too much dailymail and sun made some people here rant against immigrants that make some people here feel bitter and judgmental against the immigrants. If we are going to dislike them, at least we can be consistent and not be hypocritical about it, specially being married to one.
    I like your spirit, Purple . Brian has yet to bring his beloved to our once, green and pleasant land

We should take our vengeance out on the government and polling booths.....The Conservative government re election 2015 is of paramount importance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information