Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

UK passport wasn't so bad.

Hi,...never been posting for a while,... been really busy at work,... but thought I would let you know my wife's passport came through the door this morning !
    I was really surprised how easy and straight forward it was. After she got awarded her UK citizenship in October (which again was easy and straight forward),... we applied for the passport. It wasn't long before we had all the documents back with a letter inviting her to book an interview. We travelled up to Edinburgh last Friday,...she said it was a really friendly, relaxed interview,...and this morning the postie knocked on the door with the passport.
    Best part for me was watching my wife dance and hoot round the house when she got it (bless her)
    Passports mean little to us UK citizens,...but to a Filipino it seems like the golden egg !
    I hope that anyone who is getting a little stressed over going through this proccess can take comfort that it is all so straight forward in most cases.
    Merry Christmas to you all on here,....

Jonny

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Nice one Jonny, well done and a merry Christmas to you both!

you should have wrapped it up for an xmas present,
    So pleased for you all

Respected Member
    LOL,..I actually gave it to our son to give to her,...he handed it over and said Merry Chrismas,....dont think she realised what it was as it was in a small envelope,....

Passports mean little to us UK citizens,...but to a Filipino it seems like the golden egg !
    easiest to explain this is ...
    its a the same principle of being in here freezing and you in exchange to our hot and tropical sunny country
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyivy View Post
    Hi,...never been posting for a while,... been really busy at work,... but thought I would let you know my wife's passport came through the door this morning !
    I was really surprised how easy and straight forward it was. After she got awarded her UK citizenship in October (which again was easy and straight forward),... we applied for the passport. It wasn't long before we had all the documents back with a letter inviting her to book an interview. We travelled up to Edinburgh last Friday,...she said it was a really friendly, relaxed interview,...and this morning the postie knocked on the door with the passport.
    Best part for me was watching my wife dance and hoot round the house when she got it (bless her)
    I hope that anyone who is getting a little stressed over going through this proccess can take comfort that it is all so straight forward in most cases.
    Merry Christmas to you all on here,....

Jonny
    Thanks for the update Jonny

And many congratulations and a big well done to your wife

A Christmas present to remember and cause for extra celebrations

That British passport is an extremely important bit of stuff for lots of reasons

Thread Information