Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If the cost of living keeps going up we will all need benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    you should base your judgement on facts les not guessing
    I do what do you think Seeing, hearing and learning about people does Joe?

It presents you with 'Facts' on which to base your judgement.

Yes there are more people in work, but what world do you live in Joe?

We will never have everyone employed, just doesn't happen can you tell me in recent years when it has then?
    I sympathise with people who want work, but not with those who don't-its a clear answer Joe.

so 2.5m are like this ?
    I'm giving up discussing things Joe with you it's waste of time.

I NEVER said everyone is like this - you're twisting it again.

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I'm giving up discussing things Joe with you it's waste of time.

I NEVER said everyone is like this - you're twisting it again.
    but you said this, that sounds like you meant a large number ..

Thats it in a nutshell a whole generation of Benifit scroungers, it's easy to judge them you can see and hear what they are like.
    I pick em up and hear and see all sorts.
    I have great sympathy for those who want work but can't find it - no problem with that.

I have no time for people who simply think benefits are a life style and why should they work, yet again another story twisted to make those of us on here who think people should pay their way look right a right set of heartless .......s.

Those people who have fallen on hard times and contributed are totally entitled to benefits of course they are, those who have never worked a day in their life and see benefits as an easy option get no sympathy from me.

Like graham says, he meets these people regularly - so do i and yes there is a large selection of them who can't be arsed.
    That's who we are talking about
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    What a load of sensationist rubbish.

I believe there are genuine people struggling for one reason or another who need to go to these places.

Breaking news.......... scum queue for free food so they have more to spend on booze, fags and little Billy's xbox game

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I've just watched it Les and I think it's disgusting, the way they live is awful, for the money they get their houses should be like show houses. The benefit money should only go to genuine cases not the scum of the earth!

Trusted Member
    Give them all jobs driving Jeepneys in the Manila traffic and pollution for 12 hour shifts .

That should silence their whining.

Drove past the local food bank the other day (Think I posted about this), and whilst the place does a great job, there they were outside, can of strong alcohol in one hand, cigarette in the other.
    One well known local "character" - an older looking man, pushing 60 I'd guess who has a green Mohican cut, he was leaning over the railings to treat the motorists to him spitting a long trail into the road.

Now it would be easy to say "Oh they have plenty of money to smoke and drink all day - distinct lack of working, and who the blazes would employ a bloke with a Mohican", but take a step back. Maybe many are alcoholic through hitting bad times and turning to this to cope - then it's a drug which will take precedent over food?
    I don't know the answer.

Then they can join some of the other inhabitants of this delightful town (Just like other towns all over the country though)

How about the thin crazy eyed man who approaches people in Alexandra Street outside the bookmakers nearly every evening physically stopping people and demanding 85p for the bus home.

Special mention to the hatchet faced bag who approaches people all sodding day in town "excuse me love, excuse me love, have you got 56p for the bus home".
    Her boyfriend is just a few steps behind keeping check. She does this to supplement her income, and can probably earn a decent amount this way.
    Currently she's pregnant - amazing someone actually wanted to do that with her

Trusted Member
    I used to sign all such 'characters' on when I worked at the dole office. We loved them. Sheer entertainment.

Naturally we have a full set of wackos pestering/frightening the living daylights out of the tourists in York.

A lot of this problem goes back to the change in government policy towards those with mental health issues. As with 'challenged' kids being released into classrooms with our kids, these colourful characters are now free to wander amongst us until they overstep the mark and are put back where they should rightfully be...IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    A lot of this problem goes back to the change in government policy towards those with mental health issues. As with 'challenged' kids being released into classrooms with our kids, these colourful characters are now free to wander amongst us until they overstep the mark and are put back where they should rightfully be...IMO.

i think thatcher called it 'care in the community' mental hospitals were closed and the prime building land sold, some of these vulnerable people slipped thru the net and ended up on the streets
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I used to sign all such 'characters' on when I worked at the dole office. We loved them. Sheer entertainment.

Naturally we have a full set of wackos pestering/frightening the living daylights out of the tourists in York.

Move it Albert!

Trusted Member
    Move it Albert!
    YES ! One of York's star attractions for years.

"I'm talking to you !" "MOOOVE IT !!!"

"YER RUBBISH ! "

Should have made him a traffic warden.

It didn't help...him looking like the bloke from the Chainsaw Massacre movie.

Yes I remember about 1980,going to the Kfc opposite the Odean i think and he was just stood in middle of road stopping cars telling them to 'MOVE IT!'

Trusted Member
    I won't tell you about the time some mates of mine 'kidnapped' him, gave him some LSD and then released him back onto the streets again.

Trusted Member
    Soon be going to school barefoot in the North East again....though I'm not sure when they started wearing overcoats in winter, rather than T-shirts.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new..._coats/?ref=mc

Shildon...now there's a place I know very well. On my 'patch'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information