Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question Anyone know anything about a B1 test

My wife is here on a spouse visa. August 2014 she should be making her ILR application just now.

We have set a date for her Life in the UK test.

My wife had then spoken to someone on Facebook, and they are saying there is a new rule and a test called the B1 that has to be done. Is this correct? If so, is it applicable to people here on spouse visas?
    Last edited by patrickm1978; 17th December 2013 at 01:01. Reason: To add more details

My wife had to pass a A1 test before coming here and she got a first class pass.

I hope there is no need for her to take another test as it was not required when she got her spousal visa. Omg I hate the UKBA.

You need to check the equivalent of her first English Test. You said that she got a "first class" rate...then it might be equivalent to B1 not just an A1. It's actually written in the certificate

Her ESOL spoken was pass at reading writing and listening where given a first class pass, so I sure hope they can be used again

First step is to check both the test itself and the results required against the latest UKBA approved listing.

You can find it here

I can confirm there is a new requirement for B1 level English for Speaking and Listening.

Here's a couple of pretty good threads that will help with your understanding:-

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....Naturalisation

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....cation-details

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi,

It's easy:

10 minute speaking test (my wife has just done it) as you need it for naturalisation now too. Download form, print, fill in, book test.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Apple's Avatar
    Hi,

I had A1 as well before and got grade of 7 out of 9. And I'll take the Speaking and listening test (B1) on May. I think even you wife has A1 and first class she still has to take the B1 because B1 is a lot higher than A1.

A1 is just the basic user for Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) after A1 there's A2 then B1, B2, C1 and C2.. Half of A2 to C1 categorise as independent user and C2 is proficient user.

That's why I think even we had A1 before we still have to take this B1.

Regards

Newbie (Restricted Access) Apple's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickm1978 View Post
    My wife had to pass a A1 test before coming here and she got a first class pass.

I hope there is no need for her to take another test as it was not required when she got her spousal visa. Omg I hate the UKBA.
    Hi,

I had A1 as well before and got grade of 7 out of 9. And I'll take the Speaking and listening test (B1) on May. I think even you wife has A1 and first class she still has to take the B1 because B1 is a lot higher than A1.

A1 is just the basic user for Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) after A1 there's A2 then B1, B2, C1 and C2.. Half of A2 to C1 categorise as independent user and C2 is proficient user.

That's why I think even we had A1 before we still have to take this B1.

Regards

Thread Information