Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

7 years and a caning - rioting in Singapore

Hundreds of foreign workers torch cars and attack police in one of worst riots in Singapore for 40 years after Indian man killed by bus

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2mySds4wt
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Unlike the UK little chance of any other germs starting copycat riots with a deterrent like that. Hunt 'em down - Well done the Singapore authorities

I don't get why they would riot?
    Reading on it seems it has links to low wages for immigrants - well why don't the immigrants sod off back to where they came from and work all day for a cup of rice.

Right I'm playing my Morrissey album to cheer myself up

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/fire--rioti...152651999.html

what about those in Kiev, should the riot police hunt them down too
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

what about those in Kiev , should the riot police hunt them down to
    ? Joe that link is Singapore what's Kiev about

yes, i'm just asking you would you send in the riot police in Kiev
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    yes, i'm just asking you would you send in the riot police in Kiev
    If there is a riot where private and public property is being damaged then the police need to go in with boots, batons, gas, rubber bullets - whatever it takes to quell the mob then hunt down others involved afterwards. Didn't quite happen that way with the 2011 UK riots. I still don't get the connection with Kiev .

You have to stop these things immediately, the rioters lose their heads in a worked up frenzy so you have to deal with them quickly and decisively if they are a danger to the public and police.

Joe if you hand em a bag of Toffees and say behave lads as I'm sure you would prefer then it ain't gonna work

Imagine if the numbers increased, it turns into looting and Civil disorder and none of us are safe then, the police could not protect us

what about those in *Kiev, should the riot police hunt them down too
    Hmm ... ... perhaps the Ukranian police have had less "Russian" around *there since the dissolution of the former Soviet Union.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    You have to stop these things immediately, the rioters lose their heads in a worked up frenzy so you have to deal with them quickly and decisively if they are a danger to the public and police.

Joe if you hand em a bag of Toffees and say behave lads as I'm sure you would prefer then it ain't gonna work

Imagine if the numbers increased, it turns into looting and Civil disorder and none of us are safe then, the police could not protect us
    Totally agree there Les.

The only way modern overcrowded and pressurised societies can work, is by discipline and social order being maintained at all times.

We have courts of law for 'beefs', and the right to PEACEFUL demonstration...otherwise, it's anarchy.

There is still some jungle left out there for those who want to behave like animals.

Banned
    I hate this community service, restorative justice, suspended sentences, sit down with the probation officer and have a cup of tea type of crap.

Prisons need to be places that send a cold shiver through the criminal, harsh, austere environments that they don't want to return to. We need reintroduction of hard labour, birching, flogging and the rope.

That would bring the crime wave to a juddering halt

I used to be in a student conservation experience group when I was 18, and there was another lad there - mummy was big in the labour party, lived in a nice huge 5 bed terrace, he went to the selective grammar school.............you can possibly see a picture emerging here.

We all had some very interesting conversations. As far as crime was concerned, his catchphrase was pretty much "well that wouldn't work". If we suggested anything less than sending criminals on safari and giving them video game consoles. I once suggested bringing back the stocks, oh no - thowing rotten tomatos at crims wouldn't work etc etc.

So let's think..........the likes of these hoodies who terrorise housing estates. The sort who killed a man who tackled some who were damaging his car which made national news.
    How about for this behaviour 10 lashes. Back carrying out antisocial behaviour....back in court? 20 lashes......now does anyone think they will be back for 30?

I would love to be in control of the prisons
    You would sleep on hard slab,be fed maggots,locked in all day no tv-nothing.
    Cold damp cell,regular beatings if you dare stop out of line.
    Make it a bloody hell hole-show a live 30 min programme on all channels every week showing how terrible it is.
    Make prison a punishment not a friggin holiday camp!
    Before the bleedin hearts jump in look at the present system now not sure on latest re-offending figures but over 50% i think
    You would not want to be in my prisons

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I still don't get the connection with Kiev .
    riot police
    people in Kiev want freedom from the Russians, something we have in the UK

Make it a bloody hell hole-show a live 30 min programme on all channels every week showing how terrible it is.
    Before the bleedin hearts jump in look at the present system now not sure on latest re-offending figures but over 50% i think
    your going to call me a bleedin heart, well you was expecting it

seriously thou, why do you think many re-offend ? in short they need a break, a helping hand, a job and that will cut re-offending. where i work, we've worked with the prison service, pitty i cant say much more about it, but if you don't want to pay Ł30k a year to keep someone in prison, how about spending alot less on giving them an apprenticeship or skill. and let them giving something back to society that will keep many from re-offending

Banned
    but if you don't want to pay Ł30k a year to keep someone in prison, how about spending alot less on giving them an apprenticeship or skill. and let them giving something back to society that will keep many from re-offending
    A hell of a lot less spent on canes, leg irons and lengths of rope would stop 'em re-offending.

You're well versed in history Joe - what did the Labour Govts 1924 - 31 (General Strike, Depression etc) do abolish hard labour, corporal & capital punishment ?

Banned
    Spot on Les - you can oversee it when I outsource it all to the Singapore Prison Service

your going to call me a bleedin heart, well you was expecting it

seriously thou, why do you think many re-offend ? in short they need a break, a helping hand, a job and that will cut re-offending. where i work, we've worked with the prison service, pitty i cant say much more about it, but if you don't want to pay Ł30k a year to keep someone in prison, how about spending alot less on giving them an apprenticeship or skill. and let them giving something back to society that will keep many from re-offending
    I was not expecting it
    I pick up all sorts in my Job and have been in a few prisons (Not as an Inmate),some of the scum i have picked up will never work they don't want to Joe,they believe in an easy life of crime,cushy sentences etc etc.
    Why should they walk into well paid jobs-what incentive is there for the rest of us then ?
    Why should we keep our noses clean,work up the ladder for a ex con to demand he wants Ł35,000 a year or he will turn back to crime?
    No way would any of em be interested in an aprentiship.
    Some people are just Bad-Ass so you deal with em properly and show everyone else crime does not pay

your wrong les, yes some don't want to work and you'll never change them, but some do,

Ł35k where have you got that from ? it cost Ł30k a year to keep someone in prison

i dont think prison is cushy Les, not much worse than losing your freedom

Banned
    riot police
    people in Kiev want freedom from the Russians, something we have in the UK
    I've just read up on this. They are an independent state but want to avoid joining a trading union with the Russians. The demonstraters also want to join the EU - let's stop giving visas to their gangsters and criminals andgive them our EU place.

i dont think prison is cushy Les, not much worse than losing your freedom
    Yes it's so scary most of 'em re-offend

Banned
    Yes it's so scary most of 'em re-offend

Yes it's so scary most of em re-offend
    So you think you could handle being locked up 23hrs day Les

They re-offend because prison doesn't work, they go back to the same surroundings and life before they went to prison.

Banned
    So you think you could handle being locked up 23hrs day Les

They re-offend because prison doesn't work, they go back to the same surroundings and life before they went to prison.
    Poor old society is to blame as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Poor old society is to blame as usual
    You obliviously didn't grow up on a poverty ridden council housing estate Dedworth

Trusted Member
    I did Joe. Most of my relatives live/d on council estates too.

I also work on them virtually every day of the week.

There are good hardworking honest citizens in all types of housing....plenty of horrible scumbags too. I went to school with them.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I did Joe. Most of my relatives live/d on council estates too.

I also work on them virtually every day of the week.

There are good hardworking honest citizens in all types of housing....plenty of horrible scumbags too. I went to school with them.
    True, but many of us are products of our upbringing and surroundings

Trusted Member
    So what. It shouldn't be used as an excuse.

We also have the same opportunities in life and can make our own choice about which path we take, limited only perhaps by intelligence or physical disabilities.

Even my former armed-robber cousin has now turned his life around and didn't go back to prison.

Banned
    You obliviously didn't grow up on a poverty ridden council housing estate Dedworth
    Where did you get these from Joe - The Apologists Handbook ?

Banned
    First man convicted of rioting in Little India gets 30 months' jail, 3 strokes of the cane

The first man to plead guilty to rioting during last December's unrest in Little India was on Thursday sentenced to 30 months in jail and three strokes of the cane.

Ramalingam Sakthivel, 33, was also sentenced to 27 months' jail for causing mischief by fire, after the court had earlier seen CCTV evidence that showed he had attempted to set a private bus on fire. The sentences are to run concurrently, and to be backdated to his remand date of Dec 8.

The court had earlier heard that Ramalingam had pelted police officers and vehicles with projectiles, smashed the windscreen of a police vehicle with a wooden pole, and helped flip a police car. He had also attacked an ambulance with a pole while Home Team officers were inside the Singapore Civil Defence Force vehicle.

"The accused was no meek follower - he rallied others to join him and pursued a course of conduct that showed him to be unfazed of the risk to his own life and limb," said Deputy Presiding Judge Jennifer Marie, who pointed out that Ramalingam had displayed "open hostility" against law enforcement officers. "The audacious acts of violence by the accused reflected his contempt for authority, and law and order."

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin....rWm3W2SO.dpuf

That'll teach him a lesson he'll never forget

He won't be able to sit down for a while

Thread Information