Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Vegetarian food in Cebu!

I'm hoping to visit my GF in Cebu City early next year. I'm a lifelong veggie (a pretty strict one, but not quite vegan) and wonder how easy it will be for me to find food there? I have looked at various sites, many seem to contradict each other on availability of veggie restaurants / options. Any veggies on here that can advise?

I'm the same as you, I'm not sure Filipinos know what a veggie is , the misses had told the waiter in restaurants that i want the meal without meat or fish, and a few times its turned up on the plate, only for my misses to tell them again and they took the plate away, took the meat off and brought it back

goodluck thou
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Well a Google search has produced this: http://www.happycow.net/asia/philippines/cebu/ However as I haven't been there yet, I've no idea where anywhere is, or if the information is current. Elsewhere I have read that Cebu is very much a fish city and there are very few veg options. It could be a Margarita Pizza diet I think (do they use vegetarian cheese there?).

just make sure your g/f makes it clear to the waiter you don't want any meat,fish or eggs in your food, i usually end up on a diet of crisps and I only drink anything if its come out of a bottle , i had a slush type drink once that made me really

sometimes we go to T.G.I Fridays, where they should have veggy stuff, pasta, chips onion rings etc, or if the worse comes to worse some chips from Jollibe
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Hi Mike, lots of fruit and veg available, I'm sure you will be able to find most things you need!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Hi Mike, lots of fruit and veg available, I'm sure you will be able to find most things you need!
    ... just so long as you remember to steer clear of the "dreaded" 'Durian'!

Thread Information