Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: how much

how much

if only i knew the answer to that question, how much do i need to finish work and live quite happy ever after, work is killing me,

Might be a good idea to just bite the bullet and move to Bohol, Steve. Just have a plan B if things don't work out.

the trouble is all my plans are from A to Y so far, have to get it right first time , because there aint no coming back, unless something really major happens

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    If you have an income of around £800 per month you'll be ok, you can save half that to use for medical bills if ever you are unfortunate enough to require any medication!

Just an opinion........if work is really killing you it's better to consider what you can do now with the resources you have then to continue suffering and find your health has placed limitations on what you can do. Period.

You have a choice. It may not be the choice of your dreams but at least a choice.
    There may come a time when there is no choice.

Only you can can help yourself

indeed its my choice , but i still need the money to get me closer to the place i want to be,
    I know its my fault at work i just tend to listen to everything that is around me while others just sit and watch it go by, thats where i have to be like them , its hard but its down to me to try , hay ho another week another dollar they say, better to moan about it to you guys then moan about it to Ems, thanks for listening

Steve, please let me know if you find the answer, it's a question I've been mulling over for ages now
    With a baby on the way, do I want to bring him or her up in this country or is a simple uncomplicated and relatively stress free life going to be better. Do I sell here or rent my place and live on the income from the rent. Am I too young to give up work, though I'm sure I could find something to make some money over there. How much do I need to survive on and how long for, say £1000 a month, that means 250K for just 20 years?

Anyway, hurry up and let me know when you do, cheers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    if only i knew the answer to that question, how much do i need to finish work and live quite happy ever after, work is killing me,
    Consider changing your employment Steve....I couldn't work where I was so unhappy to the extent I was wishing my years to retirement was here already. Life is short enough as it is.

Good LGV Drivers can get work anywhere

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Steve, please let me know if you find the answer, it's a question I've been mulling over for ages now
    With a baby on the way, do I want to bring him or her up in this country or is a simple uncomplicated and relatively stress free life going to be better. Do I sell here or rent my place and live on the income from the rent. Am I too young to give up work, though I'm sure I could find something to make some money over there. How much do I need to survive on and how long for, say £1000 a month, that means 250K for just 20 years?

We mulled over this question before ours were born. The answer became easy after they arrived. We did the right thing for our kids future. There's more chance of turning a sows ear into a silk purse here in UK as opposed to the Philippines. Life is what you make it, wherever you are on this great world of ours..

if we had young children , england would be the place to stay unless you have that much money to send them to a very good school and provide for there future no matter where you live, but we have no children so it is a little different for us, its just knowing what you are wanting not just for today or the next but what you are wanting for the next 20 to 30 years or even more, maybe less,
    That is what we are both working at for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Consider changing your employment Steve....I couldn't work where I was so unhappy to the extent I was wishing my years to retirement was here already. Life is short enough as it is.

Good LGV Drivers can get work anywhere
    to old to change my work and only a little time left too, the pay for what i do is very good,
    Its a private company so its family run and when things are going well all is well but if the boss wakes up the wrong side of the bed we all know, i ignore him and that makes him more angry , but your work colleges just shut up and agree till hes out the office then call him, i am not like that, maybe i should join them,
    Good days bad days in all we do, more good then bad, then i have Ems to come home too and you lot to moan at, so cant grumble now

we are renting our house out once we go, that will give me a income plus i have 2 private pensions i can draw on when the time comes,
    So when the time comes in say 5 years time i shall be 60, so what i will have as a income will have to last me till i can draw on the state pension,
    I am thinking i should have between 6 to 700 english pounds per month till my state pension kicks in, and then just add that to the amount, also there shall be a amount for just incase that will be around 150,000 to 180,000, thats our plan any way

£1000 per month is more than enough Simon!

Whilst in Dumaguete, I met a Dutchman who's pension was very similar to mine and when in Philippines he used to save almost half his pension for emergencies, medical or otherwise. He used to go home once a year to his eco friendly house that he had invested in before retiring to the Philippines and he told me that the house (that was paid for) would be for his future wife whom he hopes to find in Philippines. His lifestyle was good he rented a nice apartment and whilst single he used to travel to many different Islands looking for the perfect woman!

looking for the perfect woman!
    perfect human only exist in dream ...but finding imperfection to each other makes it perfect
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    perfect human only exist in dream ...but finding imperfection to each other makes it perfect
    I go along with that Moy.....makes perfect sense

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I go along with that Moy.....makes perfect sense
    ill make your my perfect mate instead my friend
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Now there is the ultimate offer Mark!

Thread Information