Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hotel in Paris (Affordable and Clean)???

Hi Guys,

May I ask for you help/advise/input/suggestions to where is the "best" (affordable and clean) hotel me and my hubby can stay overnight in Paris?

I apply my Schengen Visa earlier and the girl on the window 4 pushing me to book a hotel or give an accommodation in Paris. I told her that itll be just for a day trip and we will go back to London the same day but she didnt accept that.

She wants me to book a hotel or at least provide our accommodation details. Get a travel insurance and book a ticket. Done with the last two. Just looking for a nice comfy hotel in Paris.

Thank you.
    “I am seeking, I am thriving, I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh

#freediver
    #surfer

I've stayed a few times at Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est. I'm not a huge fan of Holiday Inn, but there were a few good reasons I used this one.
    Firstly you pretty much know what you'll get with Holiday Inn
    Secondly, it's well located. Just opposite and overlooking Gare de L'Est and also just a few minutes walk from Gare du Nord. Also virtually next door to the Metro which connects to all those places you're likely to visit.
    Thirdly it's just 30 mins by taxi from Charles de Gaulle Airport.
    A fair choice in my opinion when time is short.

I have no idea what their prices are these days but you'll surely find some good discounts

There are thousands of good hotels in Paris, but if you want something different try Le Chat Noir in the Montmartre area but only if you can secure a bargain promo offer. Rooms on the 7th floor have fabulous panoramic views of Paris and the Eiffel Tower. Boutique hotel.

wow.. Thank you Terpe will tell that to hubby

#freediver
    #surfer

Respected Member
    Is this to actually get the Shengen Visa? That isn't fair if so - you could just be visiting Calais for the day or staying with a friend. If so, book one of the posh hotels which has a no cancellation fee policy... and then cancel once you get the Visa. We were never asked for a hotel reservation.

Paris doesn't do cheap hotels unless you're lucky (Terpe's suggestion is worth a look for sure). One of my favourites is Le Tourville:

http://www.paris-hotel-tourville.com/fr

Of course there are thousands around the same price.

Another option is to look at offers from Easyjet or whichever airline you're travelling with (or Eurostar's website).

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Is this to actually get the Shengen Visa? That isn't fair if so - you could just be visiting Calais for the day or staying with a friend. If so, book one of the posh hotels which has a no cancellation fee policy... and then cancel once you get the Visa. We were never asked for a hotel reservation.
    As the spouse of a British/EU Citizen proof of accommodation nor insurance is required these parts of the schengen application form do not need to be completed.

In the case of sweet_mazza obviously she was unlucky that she got somebody at the embassy who asked these questions and this person has no idea on the rules regarding the spouse of a british subject and should be retrained.

Anyway my wife obtained her french schengen which was very straight forward without any of the above questions being asked as so it should be, just 5 days in total including passport been posted and received back...

As I understand it sweet_mazza is applying for a Schengen Visa from Philippines.
    She will be coming to UK shortly under visit visa then returning home.

As the holder of a visa with 6 months or less validity she cannot apply Schengen here in UK.

I guess this being the case that she is not travelling together with her EU spouse so cannot take advantage of the EU freedom of movements benefits when applying Schengen Visa and must comply with all requirements (employment, resources, itinerary, medical insurances, etc.)

Respected Member
    Ah, that makes sense - my advice regarding booking somewhere with an open cancellation policy still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefor View Post
    Ah, that makes sense - my advice regarding booking somewhere with an open cancellation policy still stands.
    I'd agree in principle with that. Always a useful strategy in support of securing a visa etc.
    Then get a booking at a hotel of choice once the visa and travel is in hand.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    As I understand it sweet_mazza is applying for a Schengen Visa from Philippines.
    She will be coming to UK shortly under visit visa then returning home.

As the holder of a visa with 6 months or less validity she cannot apply Schengen here in UK.

I guess this being the case that she is not travelling together with her EU spouse so cannot take advantage of the EU freedom of movements benefits when applying Schengen Visa and must comply with all requirements (employment, resources, itinerary, medical insurances, etc.)
    Ahhh fully understood Peter...

thanks everyone. I have a cousin in Paris. Ill ask him if we can use his address for the application. Hubby told me we can actually go to Paris in the morning then go back to London by night time and we are not yet sure when are we going to visit Paris since we still need to visit his relatives and friends in UK.

Yeah, i think they are not really sure about it (British spouse) cos they asked me if i registered our marriage in UK Embassy. Which I think its already been registered since I got the UK Visa!!!!!

the girl in Window 4 is kinda grumpy, and I really don't wanna talk to her.

#freediver
    #surfer

just spoke to the girl on window 4, she wants me to provide the my cousins contract for their apartment hahaha. i dont wanna hassle my cousin. so ill just book a hotel..

what do you think about TimHotel?

#freediver
    #surfer

got my plane ticket and Visa

#freediver
    #surfer

Thread Information