Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum here. I recently married a female Filipino (Marriage certificate soon) and I am wondering how to go through the visa application process to get her over here to stay with me. I live and work in the U.K in Scotland.
    She is also pregnant if that would make a difference. We married on 9th November 2013. I sent her over some of my wage slips, a photocopy of my passport and birth certificate. My work contract and also tenancy agreement (which isn't signed, would that matter?)
    Please tell me the process to go through it all

Hi there Bobstar74, and welcome aboard Filipino UK

I've taken the liberty of moving your post to the UK VISA/British Citizenship section.
    Hope that's OK with you.

Firstly, many congratulations on your recent marriage.

In terms of the visa application you'll see that there are a number of strict requirements in terms of the mandatory documentary evidence.
    This is especially important in terms of Financial Requirement.

As a very first step may I kindly urge you to read this thread and follow all the included links to the UKBA site.

All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

Also review this and again follow the links - Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

The UKBA advises all applicants to read their application Guidance Notes together with their Supporting Documents Guidance

You can search here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern or better still you can ask as many questions as you need right here in your thread.

This has to be a real team effort for you both. As the spouse and sponsor you'll be the focus and source of the large part of supporting evidence. There's quite a bit of things to understand.

Take this journey step-by-step, don't be shy to ask as many questions as you want.
    There's plenty of folks here who have been down the same road and made that same journey. Everyone here is friendly and willing to share experiences, and to make sure you get that special visa.

Some early steps for you and your wife to consider is meeting the English language requirement
    Also the requirement for TB Screening which can be found here at Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines

Both certificates will need to be held and submitted as part of the application requirement.

also from myself, Bob ... and, of course, congratulations on your recent marriage.

Many of us here, have been through the visa process. May I suggest you take time to study carefully, the various links my good friend and co-Moderator, Terpe has provided you with, and all will be well.

Banned
    Welcome here bobstar

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Hi Bobstar, congratulations on your recent marriage and very warm welcome to the forum!

Welcome bobstar hope you enjoy your time here

AN HAPPY WIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE

Thread Information