Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I've merged your previous thread under this posting with this existing thread to keep all posts together. Hope that's OK

Hello again,

Our wedding will be on 30th of August here in England, after that do we need to register anything?

The registry office also have the blue paper from Manchester where we gave our notice, are those the marriage certificate that they're saying? Are those the one we should submit in applying FLR (M)?

Also, about life in the UK Test, where can I review for that? Or is there any PDF reviewer that I can download?

Quote Originally Posted by Jentobeharrison View Post
    Hello again,

about life in the UK Test, where can I review for that?
    You need to purchase the book (2013 Edition)
    http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...ctice/9664800/
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Originally Posted by FilipinaDiver:

I got my spouse visa yesterday after waiting for 30 days. My CFO seminar is on Monday and I will be flying on the 15th. What do I do when I get to the UK? I have read somewhere but I couldn't find it anymore that I will be needing to wait for an ID so I could work. Is this right? Can you please guide me on what are the things I need to do and apply when I get to the UK? Thank you so much!
    You mean National Insurance number?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thanks for the links Terpe! I arrived UK in June and been wondering if there are things I needed to do, like do I have to report to the Philippines embassy? And do we need to report our marriage in the Philippines, if yes, where to or to which office? I have already registered myself to NHS, dentist is next. My name is also included in the Council Tax Bill, and also have NINo. I am actively job hunting at the moment. Although, regarding the bank account... we went to Barclays and was told that I will only be able to open account with them when I get a job. I had a job interview yesterday and was asked for my bank acct details. I said I didn't have one yet because I was told I need to have a job first then I can open acct in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedMe View Post

Maybe open a bank account.

You can also start studying for Life in the UK Test (before they do some changes again)

Regards,

Donah
    Hi, can I open a bank account without a job first? Did my husband and I misunderstand what we were told at the Barclays bank, that I could open a bank account of my own only when I have a job?

And also, when you say start studying for Life in the UK test, is there a school for this? Or a book I need to buy? Thanks a lot in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    Hi, can I open a bank account without a job first?
    Yes, D'Ann ... you can, IMO. Please see my reply in #23 of your corresponding thread, 'Where to Start'.

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    Did my husband and I misunderstand what we were told at the Barclays bank, that I could open a bank account of my own only when I have a job?
    Possibly you did, ... ... so it may be a good idea if you were to take a look at Trefor's subsequent response on the same thread, as different people have had varying reactions to their efforts to open independent accounts - depending upon which Bank(s) they decided to approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Yes, D'Ann ... you can, IMO. Please see my reply in #23 of your corresponding thread, 'Where to Start'.
    Yes, saw your other reply, many thanks again Arthur Little!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information