Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: VAF4A help...

VAF4A help...

Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding the passport section of the VAF4A form. 6.2 asks have you travelled outside your country of residence
    (excluding to the UK) in the last 10 years? And to provide full details if the answer is yes.

My fiance has travelled outside her country but the problem is she has lost her previous passport and cannot provide any details of her previous travels. She will write a letter to explain this but is this likely to cause a problem with our application?

Thanks

Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewturner View Post
    Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding the passport section of the VAF4A form. 6.2 asks have you travelled outside your country of residence
    (excluding to the UK) in the last 10 years? And to provide full details if the answer is yes.

My fiance has travelled outside her country but the problem is she has lost her previous passport and cannot provide any details of her previous travels. She will write a letter to explain this but is this likely to cause a problem with our application?

Thanks

Drew.
    Don't get too hung up over this Drew. The key, as always is honesty.

As long as she can put down where she visited, the reason and approx duration and year or approx year.
    Then as you say add a note (or letter) saying the previous passport was lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Don't get too hung up over this Drew. The key, as always is honesty.

As long as she can put down where she visited, the reason and approx duration and year or approx year.
    Then as you say add a note (or letter) saying the previous passport was lost.

Thank you Terpe as always

Hello Sir Terpe, Good morning there, may i ask please is this the new fiancee visa application form i got this link that you provided from the old thread that i have keep on reading about the fiancee visa what to do and get some helpful informations from here, heartfelt thank you for all the wonderful people here especially the moderators and the respected members here it helped us a lot.

Visas for partners and other family members with a view to settlement

VAF4A application form - partners, children and other family of UK citizens or settled persons (settlement) PDF 215KB opens in a new window
    VAF4A - Appendix 2 - Financial requirement form PDF 342KB opens in a new window

I am currently in England with my daughter we are granted as a visitors visa. We wish to know what will be our next step to do when we come back in the philippines with my daughter.We will do the fiancee visa route next time. Does my daughter will need to have a separate application form as a dependant visa? Thanks a lot, i always read and gather informations here! I am currently in NUneaton warwickshire with my daughter.

More power and God bless!

Hello PetenClaire,

When you're ready to make a visa application as fiancee you must complete this online.
    As a guide its often helpful to download and print the application forms so as to get a better idea of the specific questions that need to be answered and the documents that will be needed.
    The forms you'll need are:-

VAF4A - Family Settlement Application Form

Appendix 2 - Financial Requirement Form

Quote Originally Posted by PetenClaire View Post
    ....Does my daughter will need to have a separate application form as a dependant visa?..
    If the father of your daughter is a British Citizen then your daughter will most likely be eligible for a British Passport and as such will not require a visa. In this case you should both prepare to apply for a British Passport for her.

....We wish to know what will be our next step to do when we come back in the philippines....

You'll need to make arrangements to meet the English language requirement

Additionally you'll need to meet the requirement for Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

Hello PetenClaire,

When you're ready to make a visa application as fiancee you must complete this online.
    As a guide its often helpful to download and print the application forms so as to get a better idea of the specific questions that need to be answered and the documents that will be needed.
    The forms you'll need are:-

If the father of your daughter is a British Citizen then your daughter will most likely be eligible for a British Passport and as such will not require a visa. In this case you should both prepare to apply for a British Passport for her.

You'll need to make arrangements to meet the English language requirement

Additionally you'll need to meet the requirement for Tuberculosis testing in the Philippines

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you need.[/QUOTE]

Hi Sir Terpe, thank you so much for the quick response to my quiries. The father of my daughter was a filipino, single parent here. Does she need to have a separate application form as a dependant child visa? I will bring her again with me next time when we come back here as a fiancee Visa route.
    have a good day and thank you again!

Warm regards and God bless!

.......Hi Sir Terpe, thank you so much for the quick response to my quiries. The father of my daughter was a filipino, single parent here. Does she need to have a separate application form as a dependant child visa? I will bring her again with me next time when we come back here as a fiancee Visa route.
    have a good day and thank you again!

Warm regards and God bless!
    In that case the answer is yes she will need her own application.

It's somewhat unusual route to take for a fiancee when a child is involved.
    However, in principle there is provision in the UK immigrtaion rules for children of fiancee's

Here's what UKBA state:-

Entry clearance with a view to settlement may be granted to a minor dependent child of a parent who has been admitted, or is seeking admission, as a
    fiancé(e) under paragraphs 290 to 295 of the Rules provided the following additional requirements are met:

the child is under the age of 18, is unmarried and is not leading an independent life nor formed an independent family unit;

the child can and will be maintained and accommodated adequately without recourse to public funds with the parent admitted or being admitted as a fiancé(e)
    or proposed civil partner;

there are serious and compelling family or other considerations which make the child's exclusion undesirable;

that suitable arrangements for the child's care have been made;

there is no other person outside the UK who could be reasonably expected to care for the child;

the terms of any custody order relating to the child do not prevent the child being taken to another country with a view to settlement there.
    In assessing whether there are serious and compelling considerations it would normally be undesirable to exclude a child who had largely been cared for by the 'fiancé(e) / proposed civil partner parent'.

Concerning application forms, yes, you'll need to submit two forms VAF4A, one for your fiancee visa and the other for the visa application of your child as a minor dependent of YOU. This also means payment of 2 visa application fees.
    You will need to declare your child on your application and also submit one for the child.
    If granted then both visa's will be issued for 6 months duration only and during this time you will be expected to get married and submit an application of FLR for yourself and your child.

As I said, it's an unusual route.......is there any special reason to follow this?

Finally, please be informed that your fiance/sponsor will need to meet the UKBA Financial Requirement at a higher income threshold of £22,400 for 1 child in addition to the partner

In that case the answer is yes she will need her own application.

It's somewhat unusual route to take for a fiancee when a child is involved.
    However, in principle there is provision in the UK immigrtaion rules for children of fiancee's

Here's what UKBA state:-

In assessing whether there are serious and compelling considerations it would normally be undesirable to exclude a child who had largely been cared for by the 'fiancé(e) / proposed civil partner parent'.

Concerning application forms, yes, you'll need to submit two forms VAF4A, one for your fiancee visa and the other for the visa application of your child as a minor dependent of YOU. This also means payment of 2 visa application fees.
    You will need to declare your child on your application and also submit one for the child.
    If granted then both visa's will be issued for 6 months duration only and during this time you will be expected to get married and submit an application of FLR for yourself and your child.

As I said, it's an unusual route.......is there any special reason to follow this?

Finally, please be informed that your fiance/sponsor will need to meet the UKBA Financial Requirement at a higher income threshold of £22,400 for 1 child in addition to the partner
    Hello again Sir Terpe, Good evening there! My daughter is 8 years old, i need to bring her back with me as my fiance don't like my daughter to left behind. We are thankful to our God, that we are one of the few choosen people that we are granted in a visitors visa with my daughter.

My fiance want to sort our application forms for fiancee visa on January on his holiday before we go back in the Philippines with my daughter. I am confused regarding the application form for fiancee visa, is it need to be in the Philippines i need to apply online? or we can do it here while i am still in the UK to bring with me going back in Phils with my daughter? We downloaded the link that you give me here and printed it out already this The forms you'll need are:-

We will fill in the answer with color black or blue ink pen with this settlement form, and for my minor dependant child i am going to declare that she will be travelling with me again. Is it the same for minor dependant child like fiancee visa form to download and print and will put our answer with color black or blue pen? I am going to take the English language test first in Cagayan de oro.

We are planning to get married here on August next year to put on our intended date to marry on the fiancee visa form. We will go home on March, is it possible to apply on line for fiancee visa and dependant child visa to fill in so i can bring the documents while we are still in the UK to bring to the Phils and apply there soon after English test requirement and tuberculosis test in Manila. Many thanks in advance, have a good weekend and God bless!

Your Fiancee application cannot be made on the paper forms. You should use those downloaded forms just as an example and a reference to understand the questions and the needed documentary evidence.

You and/or your fiancee MUST prepare and complete the application forms online.
    You can complete them here or in the Philippines it makes no difference but you must be in the Philippines to submit your application documentary evidence and Appendix 2
    during your appointment at VFS Manila

Did you already pass your English Language Test ?
    Don't forget your TB certificate.

You still have quite a number of tasks to achieve before you can submit the application.
    Do also be aware that you must NOT submit any key Financial Information that is more than 28 days old at the date of application.
    The date of application is taken as the date that payment is made.
    Just a hint.....many folks have problems making payment with Mastercard. Visa appears to work so much better.

Please sit together with your Fiance and review this webpage and be sure to follow all the links Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

The UKBA advises all applicants to read their application Guidance Notes together with their Supporting Documents Guidance

When you fill out your application form you must declare your daughter and that she will be travelling with you.
    When you complete the application form for your daughter you need to answer the questions just as if she was the one completing the form.

Your Fiancee application cannot be made on the paper forms. You should use those downloaded forms just as an example and a reference to understand the questions and the needed documentary evidence.

You and/or your fiancee MUST prepare and complete the application forms online.
    You can complete them here or in the Philippines it makes no difference but you must be in the Philippines to submit your application documentary evidence and Appendix 2
    during your appointment at VFS Manila

Did you already pass your English Language Test ?
    Don't forget your TB certificate.

You still have quite a number of tasks to achieve before you can submit the application.
    Do also be aware that you must NOT submit any key Financial Information that is more than 28 days old at the date of application.
    The date of application is taken as the date that payment is made.
    Just a hint.....many folks have problems making payment with Mastercard. Visa appears to work so much better.

Please sit together with your Fiance and review this webpage and be sure to follow all the links Applying for a UK visa in the Philippines

The UKBA advises all applicants to read their application Guidance Notes together with their Supporting Documents Guidance

When you fill out your application form you must declare your daughter and that she will be travelling with you.
    When you complete the application form for your daughter you need to answer the questions just as if she was the one completing the form.
    Hi Sir Terpe, thank you so much for the reply! We will read very carefully the link that you shared to me. I haven't take the English language test yet, can i take here in the Uk is it possible? while i am still here with my daughter. Thank you so much again sir, have a nice evening there!
    I will share this to him when he gets home in 30 minutes from work.

...can i take here in the Uk is it possible? while i am still here....
    Yes, you can. You just need to submit evidence that you achieved the needed level from a UKBA approved source.

Hi Petenclaire,

Please be informed that the online form is different from the VAF4A. It might be a good idea to start answering the form online together with your fiance. I am not sure if i have answered the right form coz i thought that the new form was released and shall be used by those applicants inside the uk, but, its a whole new form Its really confusing

Please let me know if you can find the VAF4 form in the apply online thingy.

Thanks and good luck

Yes, you can. You just need to submit evidence that you achieved the needed level from a UKBA approved source.
    Hello Sir Terpe, thank you for the reply! I wish to take for the TOEIC english language test here in England, while i am still here with my daughter, Can you please give me recommendation where should i need to take my english language test for the fiancee visa requirement? I am currently living in Nuneaton warwickshire. Thank you in advance! God bless!

Thread Information