Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation Assassination Of JFK

This date marks the 50th Anniversary of the day that sent shock waves worldwide ... the fatal shooting of US President, John Fitzgerald Kennedy in Dallas, Texas.

... I was a mere youth aged 19 at the time ... and clearly recall the Merseyside pop group, 'The Searchers', happened to be making a guest appearance at Perth City Hall on that fateful evening - coincidentally, a Friday, too (I think!) - when the news came through.

... I wasn't present when the annonucement was made - on account of my regular weekly duties as a young officer with the Boys' Brigade.

I can remember it, but to me then the USA was so far away it might as well of been on another planet!
    Mick.

Anyone seen the the movie Parlkand?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Anyone seen the the movie Parlkand?
    Got it on Hd to watch

Trusted Member
    I've just finished watching the drama-documentary about it on TV this evening.

Excellent....and educational.

Trusted Member
    It was indeed excellent, educational, and well worth watching ( Channel 4 ) .

“ The film combines rare historical insights and archives with dramatic and emotionally engaging storytelling to recount how a sequence of gunshots in Dallas not only killed a beloved president, but also propelled the nation into the thick of the Vietnam War and a cultural change.

This factual drama, based on Bill O'Reilly's best-selling book Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot, marks the 50th anniversary of the assassination of President John F Kennedy.
    Starring Rob Lowe as President Kennedy, Ginnifer Goodwin as Jacqueline Kennedy, Will Rothhaar as Lee Harvey Oswald and Michelle Trachtenberg as Marina Oswald, the programme charts the highs and lows of two lives that would intersect and result in two horrific murders that stunned a nation and marked the end of an era. “

I first heard the news on the radio – " Voice of America ".

For many years, people remembered clearly how they found out about the assassination, and what they were doing at the time.

It’s an interesting thought now that less than a tenth of the world’s population would have been 15 or older at the time of JFK’s assassination ( around 14% in the USA ; 17% in the UK ; 4% in the Philippines ) ( http://www.geohive.com/earth/population_age_2.aspx ).

Banned
    Thanks Graham & Doc I'll watch this on the 4OD

Trusted Member
    I would have been 12 years old at the time, but I remember the events very well.

Thread Information