Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Filthy houses.

Trusted Member

Filthy houses.

Well most people only see people living in filth, on the TV.

I have to go into some of these disgusting pigsty 'homes'....as with this one today.

All my clothes will need laundering, and myself a good soak in the bath, such was the clinging, overpowering stench absorbed into every pore and fibre.

Kitchen floor covered in dogt ! Grease, dirt, unwashed dishes and clothing, sticky carpets, rubbish everywhere. Just revolting....and this home to at least two young children.

Their scumbag parents should not be allowed to breed, and the kids should be removed from the house. Even the (large) dog should be removed by the RSPCA.

I may be on the phone to the authorities tomorrow.

some people,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

Do it Graham - filthy scum like this need bringing to book

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I don't know how anyone can live like that Graham, cleanliness costs nothing!

Trusted Member
    I can only assume the parents have mental problems in their case, but I do see a lot of mucky houses. Teachers have the untidiest ones ! (Though not usually dirty).

The homes of even the poorest people in the Phils are usually immaculately clean, and the children so clean and smart too, on their way to school, as most of us know.

I have to go into some of these disgusting pigsty 'homes'....as with this one today.

All my clothes will need laundering, and myself a good soak in the bath, such was the clinging, overpowering stench absorbed into every pore and fibre.

Kitchen floor covered in dogt ! Grease, dirt, unwashed dishes and clothing, sticky carpets, rubbish everywhere. Just revolting....and this home to at least two young children.

Their scumbag parents should not be allowed to breed, and the kids should be removed from the house. Even the (large) dog should be removed by the RSPCA.

yikesss!!..Ive seen lots too....as we tried to view houses to buy a couple of months ago....goodness gracious how can they breath in those mess!!
    a proper anti bac spray is all u need the moment u step in and out those houses!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

what job do ya do graham ?

Respected Member
    I agree with comments about how clean many of the houses are in the Philippines and how well presented even some of the poorest children are going to school. Even in the slums of Tondo I've seen the children with a clean and pressed shirt every day...

Trusted Member
    I'm an 'Energy Efficiency Surveyor'.

Amongst other things I give people on benefits free stuff (new boiler in this case).

I'm sure Dedworth would approve.

Amongst other things I give people on benefits free stuff (new boiler in this case).

he'll be fuming
    c'mon Ded, dont blame the players blame the game !!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

can ya get me a new boiler i,m a war pensioner

Trusted Member
    No !

Unless you live within 20 miles of my house here in the UK...then I'll think about it.

do ya need any qualifications to do a job like that ? sounds very interesting to me.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    do ya need any qualifications to do a job like that ? sounds very interesting to me.
    Well, I've had over 30 years experience with the various products, been on all the health and safety/gas safety courses etc, plus full disclosure CRB cert required. I don't think any particular PAPER qualifications would be required these days though. You'd need to be a good all-rounder who understands how buldings are put together, plus a knowledge of building regs. Good communicator, able and willing to work in all weathers, odd hours, weekends too....supply all your own equipment (like a Borescope, ladders, drills, etc, own transport and associated costs), commission only... usually.

Well, I've had over 30 years experience with the various products, been on all the health and safety/gas safety courses etc, plus full disclosure CRB cert required. I don't think any particular PAPER qualifications would be required these days though. You'd need to be a good all-rounder who understands how buldings are put together, plus a knowledge of building regs. Good communicator, able and willing to work in all weathers, odd hours, weekends too....supply all your own equipment (like a Borescope, ladders, drills, etc, own transport and associated costs), commission only... usually.

still sounds an interesting job, so who are your clients ?

Trusted Member
    Virtually anyone who owns or rents a house or flat.

did they scrap that new law that you had to have a report before you could sell ya house .

Trusted Member
    No, not entirely, but it's not as comprehensive or expensive as before. I also do the EPC's (Energy Performance Certificate) section of it....the rest I don't know much about.

Newbie (Restricted Access) Dreamcaster's Avatar
    Back to the main topic: it is something that, I must say, really HIT me when I first moved here.
    Dirty houses/flats in London, I mean.
    To find a flat in reasonably good conditions has proved a real challenge. And even when we (my two Italian flatmates whom I originally moved to the UK with) found a good/clean enough flat, we had to spend 2 days to thoroughly clean it.
    I know Filipinos are known for being very sensitive and attentive about hygiene, and I must say that is one thing I really like about them!

is it laziness or are they suffering from some sort of mental illness ? who wants to live in

there must be a opposite condition to OCD cleaning
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I see the same things as you Graham, although I have more or less retired I still do a few jobs for a local organisation that carry out loft insulation , draught proofing and general and plumbing repairs, all for free.

I only work on boilers but they can be disgusting with rodent infestation, and declare quite a few uneconomical to repair, new boiler required. Most of the systems I see haven't been serviced in years and are clapped out.

Even though any repairs up to a limit are free its very rare to get any thanks from the people, very demanding most of them and I woudnt recommend the work for anyone looking for job satisfaction.

Trusted Member
    I wouldn't mind Pete, but the boiler in that orrible house ended up being ok anyway.

Thread Information