Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Immigration Manila, 13a Residency

10th October: Went to extend my 30-day visa for a further 30 days. Was informed that this was the way, could not go from the 30 day visa free straight to 2 months' extension or 6 months extension. And not 13a which at this time I didn't have a marriage certificate for for the purpose anyway.

Went back on November13th to renew visa for a further 2 months as my visa was about to expire before receiving our marriage certificate, which applicants are required to have at least 20 days remaining of tourest visa when applying for conversion to 13a. Cost for 2 months' extension, 7,498 Php - including ACI Card,

Collected marriage certificate 14th November, went prepared back to Immigration on 20th November to submit our 13a application (the NSO Marriage Certificate was expedited and took approximately 3 weeks. It was produced and expedited with attached stamped notary, that it is for visa and passport purposes) otherwise it would have taken 6 months to receive NSO Marriage Certificate.

We had our application form, also letters for petitioner request plus joint affidavit typed out and stamped by notary public just outside near the immigration. Cost of petition letter (2 copies) 300 peso, joint affidavit (2 copies) 300 peso,
    notary stamped application 100peso = total 700 peso They also helped with filling in application, arranging documents in order etc included.

Then into Immigration and got 2 x copies of my passport and data pages, to add to application.

6 2"x 2" photos in Immigration waiting area, 2 photos to glue to application forms - 1 on each form.

Handed in our application, wait to be called to window, then take application to another window and so on until eventually you arrive at the window where you pay. Receipts and application returned to us. Took back to original window, waited again for the to check and process, then was given appointment ticket papers to be interviewed next. About 3 hours in total spent in Immigration -
    excluding time with Notary Public, but including lunch inside the little cafe restaurant, and a coffee and cake before we set off home.

Interview time is 9 am. It's a long journey from Cainta, so hope we are not late.

It seems that immigration is a lot more organized than it used to be. Took me at least 6 trips and 8 months to get a probationary 13a in the 90's.

When is your interview Stewart? It will only last a couple of minutes and then it will be approved

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    It seems that immigration is a lot more organized than it used to be. Took me at least 6 trips and 8 months to get a probationary 13a in the 90's.

When is your interview Stewart? It will only last a couple of minutes and then it will be approved
    Monday 25th Nov, the girl helping at the notary said they can put it through faster to be ready 2 to 4 weeks, at a cost of 35,000 peso including immigration fees. We declined, with the thought that instructions for 13a says allow 20 days on existing visa when submitting for 13a.

So I'm guessing a month to process by Immigration anyway, without paying much more for the same processing time.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Nice photos Stewart, and good luck with your immigration procedure!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Nice photo's Stewart, and good luck with your immigration procedure!
    Thank you Michael.

Respected Member
    Good post, very interesting. I've always wondered about the 13A visa.

Thanks for posting the info Stewart

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's following your journey with interest.

Glad you got the marriage certificate sorted.

Looking forward to you next interview......

Think I forgot to add how much the 13a cost was in immigration. Total (which excludes notary):

8.298.50 Php - 13a Probationary Residency application charges.
    2.500.00 Php - Express Lane charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Thanks for posting the info Stewart

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's following your journey with interest.

Glad you got the marriage certificate sorted.

Looking forward to you next interview......
    Thanks Peter, I hope any info I can give will be of use to anyone thinking of the same journey.

By the way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's more fun in the Philippines!

Back to Philippine Immigration today. 13a - THE INTERVIEW, piece of cake: I was asked my age and Lolita's age that's the only questions I was asked. Oh, and my predicted pension. Luckily I had the pension forecast letter with me. I took as an afterthought, and was asked my monthly predicted pension, so I was able to show the paperwork. Other questions Lolita answered. The attorney said I am a very lucky man to have Lolita for my wife. Exactly my own thoughts, yes I am. When attorney was about to scan documents, Lolita piped up,,,,,,,,"he is also lucky to have me sir, as I am a teacher",,,, he replied, "ahh I've no need to bother scanning your documents, I trust you", and added, "I know your income as a teacher, good luck to both of you, please take your documents to the fingerprint area". After fingerprints, we went to Window 43 and were given our claim stub, dated for collection January 2nd 2014.

Now we are deciding whether to go back to Malaybalay or maybe go to Thailand for a week - maybe two - and return by 2nd Jan to collect 13a in Manila before returning to Malaybalay.

After our visit to Immigration, we called in at Phil Health and Lolita changed her surname and added me to her Phil Health Care Plan as her husband, so I'm now covered for illness.

Respected Member
    Great news, thanks for posting details about the interview as well.

I agree wholeheartedly with Ricky........thanks a big bunch Stewart for your updates.
    Honestly I feel much more relaxed about it all now

We all know just how lucky you are Stewart to have discovered such a real gem as Lolita.
    Whatever you both decide to do for the Christmas Hols, I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy each other and share some great moments and happiness.

Please please keep in touch with us here.

Merry Christmas Stewart and Lolita and a truly shining New Year

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Great news, thanks for posting details about the interview as well.

I agree wholeheartedly with Ricky........thanks a big bunch Stewart for your updates.
    Honestly I feel much more relaxed about it all now

We all know just how lucky you are Stewart to have discovered such a real gem as Lolita.
    Whatever you both decide to do for the Christmas Hols, I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy each other and share some great moments and happiness.

Please please keep in touch with us here.

Merry Christmas Stewart and Lolita and a truly shining New Year
    The interview is no problem the attorney knows who are and who are not genuine relationships, and at the end of the day, they are only interested in how much money you will be spending in Philippines, example,,,, your pension.

Thank you Peter and for all your help and support which has spurred me on to achieve my goal ,

My thanks go out to everyone here for their help and support too,

I especially thank my asawa Lolita for her support, for inspiring and motivating me, for her care when i felt ill, for her patience when I have shown signs of stress by me being irritable with her and for her love and devotion. Yes, I am a very lucky man, and very much in love.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    The interview is no problem, the attorney knows who are and who are not genuine relationships, and at the end of the day, they are only interested in how much money you will be spending in Philippines, example,,,, your pension.

Thank you Peter and for all your help and support which has spurred me on to achieve my goal.

My thanks go out to everyone here for their help and support too.

I especially thank my asawa Lolita for her support, for inspiring and motivating me, for her care when I felt ill, for her patience when I have shown signs of stress by me being irritable with her and for her love and devotion. Yes, I am a very lucky man, and very much in love
    Nice to hear everything went smoothly.

Remember to apply for the Permanent Residency at least 2 months before the probationary period expires. Something that I didn't do a few years ago and nearly had to go through the whole probationary thingy again.

Sounds like you are a lucky man who has a amazing woman by his side. I hope you will enjoy a lifetime together.

Thanks Jake 2 months noted.

Didn't even get interviewed for my Permanent Residence. "Oh yes, your papers are in order sir, just sign here and we will call you when your 13a is ready, or just check the website". Paid just short of 9,000 - that includes the cost of the 'I' Card - get the paperwork right and it's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Didn't even get interviewed for my Permanent Residence. "Oh yes, your papers are in order sir, just sign here and we will call you when your 13a is ready, or just check the website". Paid just short of 9,000 - that includes the cost of the 'I' Card - get the paperwork right and it's easy.
    The papers are in order. All present and correct. Preparation beforehand, then it's plain sailing

Now we are deciding whether to go back to Malaybalay or maybe go to Thailand for a week - maybe two - and return by 2nd Jan to collect 13a in Manila before returning to Malaybalay
    Stewart, before you decide to book anything, check at immigration that you are allowed to leave the country before your ACR-I card is ready. You may need a special clearance certificate from the BI prior to travelling. I know these can be issued if you have urgent things to take care of, but not sure a holiday would come into that category

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Stewart, before you decide to book anything check at immigration that you are allowed to leave the country before your ACR-I card is ready. You may need a special clearance certificate from the BI prior to traveling. I know these can be issued if you have urgent things to take care of but not sure a holiday would come into that category
    Thanks Jake, fortunately we have put it off leaving the country for a holiday for now,

We decided to head back to Bukidnon for xmas and until ACI card is ready to pick up

Trusted Member
    Well done Stewart, and thanks for explaining the process. Happy days ahead.

Something (13A) I always meant to do, but never got round to. Ah well.

thanks jake, fortunatly we have put it off leaving the country for a holiday for now,
    we decided to head back to bukidnon for xmas and until ACI card is ready to pick up
    Enjoy your Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Well done Stewart, and thanks for explaining the process. Happy days ahead.

Something (13A) I always meant to do, but never got round to. Ah well.
    Thanks Graham.

Enjoy your Christmas
    Thanks Peter, we will

Went to Immigration today, for collecting 13a. They checked documents,
    asked for 'I' Card claim slip, all receipts for both the 30 day tourist visa extension plus the 2 month visa extension receipts, along with all related 13a receipts and documents.

It was 2nd Jan I was supposed to collect but didn't get to Immigration until today 13th Jan.

They stamped my passport today, a 4 and a half hour wait excluding the 1 hour waiting and window-hopping. Told to return in ten working days to collect my I Card then to return 60 days before expiry of temporary 13a. Good news is, at least there was no other charges for any processing today.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Another hurdle out of the way Stewart, good stuff!

They have made it more difficult now for the annual report. You now have to fill in two pages of questions supply a photo and finger prints and get all that certified by an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    They have made it more difficult now for the annual report. You now have to fill in two pages of questions supply a photo and finger prints and get all that certified by an attorney.
    I went in to report and they seemed quite happy to advise me about the new requirement to fill in forms etc etc.. I think I took the wind out of their sails when I handed her the certified form all filled in.

Hopefully, next year it will all be back to normal.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information