Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Yes Jake but the whole point is that they already have all the information they need.. Thats why we were issued an ACR card.
    It only took me an hour in Jan but that's only because we had a pre filled in the form that I had printed off the week before.. Without online research and discussion the report session would have been a pain in the ass for me .
    If they want additional info or new requirements they should wait for the ACR cards to expire and do all that B.S on the renewal..
    How simple would that be!
    Too simple!!

Yes i agree that online research and discussion helps, however it usually develops into a bitching session that has nothing to do with the actual new rules and why they have been implemented.

Like me Fred, you have dealt with the BI since the 80's and we both know how bad things were in the past due to dodgy deals. Or good depending on your status

The new system is probably an attempt to get some of the past mistakes straightened out. If i have to fill in a few boxes with N/A and have my finger prints taken again, its not really a big problem IMO.

Got my purok clearance and then barangay clearance, in the same day. Went for NBI in Cagayan on Thursday, and were informed it would take 4 weeks to process. I am worried now, because I am due at Immigration on 27th Oct - being the 2 months before expiry - which is leaving it tight to include travelling too. Usually 2 days travelling, so I intended to travel in 3 weeks' time.

When we asked if we can get the clearance sooner, one of the staff gave us his cellphone no/ and said to call him on the 15th Oct, then he will follow it up. So I can only hope now.

Does anyone know if it's a big problem if I don't have the clearance in time to meet the 2 months before my 13a renewal?

Anyone staying over 59 days.... Get ready to fill in another form including your fingerprints and possibly other biometric data as well as your kids information,passport numbers ect.. That includes every foreigner regardless of visa type BTW!!
    Its more fun here you know!!

Fred, you're confusing me now

My 13a probationary visa expires on 27th Dec 2014, (not that I will be staying over 59 days)

The requirement, as I understand it, is that I have to go to Immigration 2 months before the expiry date - which I believe will be the 27th October 2014. My concern is, that my NBI clearance may not be ready in time to give me time to get to Immigration with it by the 27th.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    Fred, you're confusing me now

My 13a probationary visa expires on 27th Dec 2014, (not that I will be staying over 59 days)

The requirement, as I understand it, is that I have to go to Immigration 2 months before the expiry date, - which I believe will be the 27th October 2014. My concern is that my NBI clearance may not be ready in time to give me time to get to Immigration with it by the 27th.
    Just do what you are doing Imagine..Everything will be fine.
    The requirement that I refer to applies to all of us including Balikbayans and needs to be adhered to before September 15th 2015..

ADVISORY

The Alien Registration Program (ARP), a Bureau of Immigration (BI) - Department of Justice (DOJ) initiative, aims to: (i) Account; (ii)Register and re-register; (iii) Capture information; (iv) Update BI’s alien database and (iv) Provide assistance for visa-related problems.

The ARP shall be held from 01 October 2014 until 30 September 2015. Aliens may apply at any authorized BI Regional Office 1. Bring a duly filled-out ARP form (form and additional information is available at www.immigration.gov.ph) and any valid identification (e.g. passport, driver’s license).

Registered aliens under this program may be primary beneficiaries of future social integration/legalization programs of the government.

For inquiries, you may contact the following numbers: (02)465-2400 locals 208, 444 and 447.

Regional Offices click here http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index....egional-office

Thanks Fred.

Imagine.. Where did you apply for your 13a?? Manila?
    To be honest,I cannot answer your query about your NBI clearance being ready before your next appointment..
    All I can suggest is that you explain your situation to the NBI office and ask them too put things into an express lane!! Most R.P departments have them..You just need to pay for the privilege!

Yes Fred, 13a applied for in Manila.

If you are in Malaybalay why do you go all the way to Manilla????

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    If you are in Malaybalay why do you go all the way to Manilla????
    Because, as I understood it, renewal from probationary to permanent 13a requires that it is done in Manila

Ah, I have found something - the closest to Malaybalay. Looks to me that I can convert from 13a probationary to permanent in Cagayan, which is closest to us,

Cagayan de Oro Immigration District Office

 ACR I-Card Issuance, Reissuance and Renewal
     Amendment from Probationary Non-Quota Immigrant Visa by
    Marriage to Permanent Visa

link http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images...YDIRECTORY.pdf

I dont know why I have been under the impression I had to renew in Manila all this time

I'm hoping to get mine done at Davao BI
    As far as I can understand it that should be OK

Currently waiting for my legalised Police Clearance and Marriage Certificate to be returned from the FCO at Milton Keynes.
    It's a bit of a costly palarva but no choice.

Does anyone know if I need to have proof of income ?
    If yes does that also need to be certified by a Notary, the FCO and Philippine Embassy?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

Currently waiting for my legalised Police Clearance and Marriage Certificate to be returned from the FCO at Milton Keynes.

If yes does that also need to be certified by a Notary, the FCO and Philippine Embassy?
    For 13a probationary, they wanted proof of income + my wife's income as it is the wife who is applying for your residency. I took printouts of my bank accounts, Lolitas bank account, proof of her income which her school principal acquired for her, also for her rental income from her store.

As for my income - as I was not working - they took interest in my bank accounts, but more so on my pension forecast that I will receive in 5 years. I took my forecast with me to the immigration attorney interview. I was not asked for any Notary, FCO or Phil Embassy UK for this.

For 13a probationary, they wanted proof of income + my wife's income, as it is the wife who is applying for your residency. I took printouts of my bank accounts, Lolitas bank account, proof of her income which her school principal acquired for her, also for her rental income from her store.

As for my income - as I was not working - they took interest in my bank accounts, but more so on my pension forecast that I will receive in 5 years. I took my forecast with me to the immigration attorney interview. I was not asked for any Notary, FCO or Phil Embassy UK for this.
    Thanks Stewart

Thanks Stewart
    You're welcome Peter.

Looks like it won't be long now before you're over here.

I just took a certified copy of my bank statement. (the bank will do that) and the letters from all my pension companys telling what they will pay every month. Dont worry too much, it seems daunting but its all very simple. Just have about four 2x2 photos and about six copies of all your documents, belive me you will need them, it will drive you mad when they keep asking for copies

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    I just took a certified copy of my bank statement. (the bank will do that) and the letters from all my pension companys telling what they will pay every month. Dont worry too much, it seems daunting but its all very simple. Just have about four 2x2 photos and about six copies of all your documents, belive me you will need them, it will drive you mad when they keep asking for copies

Oh no, not more certified documents.......
    All this certification and legalisation etc costs a fortune.

What if my proof of income isn't certified ?

Oh no, not more certified documents.......
    All this certification and legalisation etc costs a fortune.

What if my proof of income isn't certified ?
    Peter..Any particular reason you are not applying in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Peter..Any particular reason you are not applying in the UK?
    I had intended to originally but certain events overtook me and timing has become a challenge.
    Hope I can pull it off in Davao

Peter, can I ask you what you are having to do to move to the Phils, what forms you have to fill in and are there any contacts that you need to make before being accepted sort of thing? I hope you understand what I am asking

Steve,
    As you already know spouses of Filipino citizens can stay in the Philippines for 12 months under the visa free Balikbayan scheme then renew again by exiting and re-entering etc.

Well I have decided to take the alternative route and apply for 13a perm residence right away.
    So I need to comply with the current regulations so that my wife can submit a compliant application when we are actually there.

The needed documents have to be 'legalised' by the Philippine Embassy before Philippine Immigration will accept them.

The process for legalisation varies slightly depending on the specific document.

Police Clearance Certificate from UK is needed.
    This then needs to be certified by a notary public.
    Then it needs to be legalised by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
    Then it needs to be legalised by the Philippine Embassy

UK marriage certificate is already a certified copy of a register entry so this can be legalised by the FCO without needing attention of a notary.
    This also needs to be legalised by the Phil Embassy.

Then I need proof of income which apparently also needs to be certified.

As I said, we've decided to apply in Philippines.
    It's also possible to apply here in UK at the Philippine Embassy.
    Here's the application form for Philippine Embassy

Here's the application form for Philippine Embassy

I'll post the form I'll be using in the Phils when I have a better connection.
    Hope it helps.

You'll need the Police Certificate, marriage certificate and proof of income in both cases.

Collected my NBI Clearance Certificate today, then on to Immigration, Cagayan de oro office. Very helpful and easy going, not busy like Manila. The girl accepted my application for amendment from Probationary 13a to Permanent Residency. They will phone my wife to let us know when to return. I believe there will be an interview, and she said the fee will be 11,000 peso.

My NBI was fast-tracked by seeing the man in charge (for a charge to cover costs )

Thanks for the updates Stewart

Keep them coming

We got a text message from Cagayan immigration stating that we could proceed to payment of fees. Lolita went on my behalf yesterday with my passport and paid the fees - nice one - instead of the 11,000 peso we were quoted, the fee was 9,000.

And were given an appointment for next week to attend for interview which requires both of us

Step by step it's all coming together for you Stewart

On my side I've given up for a while. Seems my local BI office is going to be tricky.
    Not too worried though as I'm on a 1 year Balikbayan.

I'll make another visit and application after Christmas before my papers expire

Thanks for the updates and inputs on your experience, it's been very helpful

with a 1 year Balikbayan it gives you plenty of time, you will be well settled in by then

with a 1 year Balikbayan it gives you plenty of time, you will be well settled in by then
    Yes and no.

As I understand it my Police Clearance certificate and any other legalised documents must be less than 6 months old at date of application for 13a

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    You've certainly settled in better than I did Stewart. I just kept getting my Passport stamped every two months then - after living there for fourteen months - the girl in Immigration at Dumaguete said that when I go to renew next visit, she will deal with my settlement visa and it will cost p22,000. I thought that was cheap because, every time I had my passport stamped, it used to cost me p3,000 then next time p7,000 and next p3,000 and so on. Never the same price each visit!

Yes and no.

As I understand it my Police Clearance certificate and any other legalised documents must be less than 6 months old at date of application for 13a
    Ah yes you're right

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    You've certainly settled in better than I did Stewart, I just kept getting my Passport stamped every two months then after living there for fourteen months the girl in Immigration at Dumaguete said that when I go to renew next visit she will deal with my settlement visa and it will cost p22000 I thought that was cheap because every time I had my passport stamped it used to cost me p3000 then next time p7000 and next p3000 and so on, never the same price each visit!
    Well it's always been my intention to stay permanently, so I didn't want all that back and forth to Immigration

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information