Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I asked the Advice/Help desk if there was anything else I had to do during my probationary year, nothing said about annual report, just that I turn up 60 days before renewal/conversion to permanent, is due,

When does annual report begin? Can I assume it is just when I get permanent residency?

And does this mean I have to travel to Manila every year, or can annual report be done at a local office?

My 13a was applied for in the UK and finished in Manila and permanent from the start..After receiving my I card I had to report the following year to show them I am still in country etc.
    Yours is temporary for one year and then has to be converted from temp. to permanent..Obviously,before one year you have to go to process once more for your permanent visa..
    If you do that then they know exactly where you are..
    I doubt you need to report before that but if in doubt turn up there before the end of Feb and ask!!
    In short..I`m not sure but a quick call or visit will put your mind at rest. Be sure to be sure IMO.

The annual report can be done at many offices throughout the RP.. Certainly in Cebu..
    I do mine in Tag.. Just done it in fact.

One more thing.. If you do need to report in another province after moving there,my advice is always use the address that you used in your original form.. Otherwise they will charge you over 1000 Pesos to change your address..

You only need to report when you get your permanent 13a.

Thanks guys

We collected my 13 a, I card today from immigration, after waiting the 10 working days,

Only 5 minutes in queue at Window 4 and just 2 more minutes to sign and walk away with my I card

Now all's done until later this year, just one more day here in Manila then we are off to visit Cebu and my son in law for a couple of days before returning to Malaybalay, flying on promo to Cebu, and thinking of ferry from Cebu when returning home.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    We collected my 13 a, I card today from immigration, after waiting the 10 working days,

Only 5 minutes in queue at Window 4 and just 2 more minutes to sign and walk away with my I card

Now all's done until later this year, just one more day here in Manila then we are off to visit Cebu and my son in law for a couple of days before returning to Malaybalay, flying on promo to Cebu, and thinking of ferry from Cebu when returning home
    Well done Stewart
    And thanks for sharing your step-by-step experience.....very helpful.

Have fun on your Cebu trip

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Well done Stewart
    And thanks for sharing your step-by-step experience.....very helpful.

Have fun on your Cebu trip
    Thanks Peter, we will

Well, it's almost time to return to Manilla to renew my probationary 13a to permanent.

To be there 60 days before expiry of 27th December 2014, so that will be 27th October, to renew. Not long to go now.

I will need to get NBI before going, I will get this in Cagayan d' Oro. Any advice on how long NBI Clearance takes?

Also, is there anything I need to take with me? My passport, my 13a card, I would think, but do I need anything else?

PS Is there any rule on how soon you get NBI before going to Immigration, and any expiry time of it for using at Immigration?

You need Barangay Clearance as well. NBI have a habit of putting a hit on your name, that means someone with a name like yours has been a naughty boy, so they will investigate you and charge you a few thousand for doing it.

They did it to me, and it took 5 weeks to clear. Had to appear in front of a lawyer and, as it turned out, the guy's name was nothing like mine. Got my NBI one day before my appointment with Immigration.

Oh thanks Jonnijon, I will get onto that!

How much all in all for the residency Imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    How much all in all for the residency Imagine?
    I can't remember now, but Lolita says 13,000 peso.

Trusted Member
    Well you DO look like a dubious character Stewart.

Oh, and Xmas is coming so NBI will need their pasalubong.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Well you DO look like a dubious character Stewart.

Oh, and Xmas is coming so NBI will need their pasalubong.

I can't remember now, but Lolita says 13,000 peso.
    Plus the endless photo copies and photos. if I remember we had to have 6 copies of everything, dammed nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Plus the endless photo copies and photos. if I remember we had to have 6 copies of everything, dammed nightmare
    Yes very trying, but was worth it at the end

My Mrs thrives on all that stuff!! She went to window number this..and window number that, upstairs downstairs etc.. Didn't Faze her.
    Didn't faze me either as I was outside drinking cold SMB`s..

Guess I`m lucky!

They started all this - copies and photos - with the annual report this year. Do we have to do it again next year Fred?

13000's not bad.

They started all this - copies and photos - with the annual report this year. Do we have to do it again next year Fred?
    There`s another new memo they have issued recently..Its all in a jargon I don't understand but I assume we will find out in January when we report.. Probably another form and new fingerprints! Additional expense etc.

You need Barangay Clearance as well. NBI have a habit of putting a hit on your name, that means someone with a name like yours has been a naughty boy, so they will investigate you and charge you a few thousand for doing it.

They did it to me, and it took 5 weeks to clear. Had to appear in front of a lawyer and, as it turned out, the guy's name was nothing like mine. Got my NBI one day before my appointment with Immigration.

Went to Barangay today for Clearance. At first they told me to get this 1st: I need purok clearance. We told them it was for the purpose of NBI, and that NBI was for 13a at Immigration. The lady spoke to someone else in the office, and they said I don't need Barangay Clearance for NBI and also I don't need it because I am not registered as a voter.

Went to Barangay today for Clearance. At first they told me to get this 1st: I need purok clearance. We told them it was for the purpose of NBI, and that NBI was for 13a at Immigration. The lady spoke to someone else in the office, and they said I don't need Barangay Clearance for NBI and also I don't need it because I am not registered as a voter.
    Just checked with the wife,she says I had purok clearance first then barangay clearance, that is signed by your barangay captain. Hope your NBI office is better than mine, people start lining up at 4am. we are lucky we have a friend there so got in quick.

Just checked with the wife,she say's I had purok clearance first then barangay clearance, that is signed by your barangay captain. Hope your NBI office is better than mine, people start lining up at 4am. we are lucky we have a friend there so got in quick.
    Yes, I think same here - long queues

I intend to go to Cagayan d'Oro NBI on Monday. Hope they don't turn round and say I have to get barangay clearance, but looks like that's the only way I can do it now.

I'm getting a bad feeling I'm going to be passed back and forth. Maybe the barangay here don't know what they doing!

And they say I have to be on the Electoral List before I can get baragay clearance.

Hey ho, the fun starts all over again

If I get NBI clearance is there an expiry time for use at Immigration? Like the UK Police Check was valid 6 months.

The Barangay`s are usually no problem...Ask them for clearance..give them money and VOILA!!

I intend to go to Cagayan d'Oro NBI on Monday. Hope they don't turn round and say I have to get barangay clearance, but looks like that's the only way I can do it now.

I'm getting a bad feeling I'm going to be passed back and forth. Maybe the barangay here don't know what they doing!

And they say I have to be on the Electoral List before I can get baragay clearance.

Hey ho, the fun starts all over again

If I get NBI clearance is there an expiry time for use at Immigration? Like the UK Police Check was valid 6 months.
    Seems like the barangay secretary is getting the electoral list and baranagy registration muddled up. Ask to register at the barangay and they can then give you clearance.
    The chances are the NBI wont ask for it, however for the sake of 100 pesos its better to have it with you. NBI clearance is valid for one year.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    There`s another new memo they have issued recently..Its all in a jargon I don't understand but I assume we will find out in January when we report.. Probably another form and new fingerprints! Additional expense etc.
    After reading all the hoo ha online in January, i expected the yearly report to be difficult. Took me under 30mins to complete the whole process. Just goes to show don't believe everything you read online!

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Seems like the barangay secretary is getting the electoral list and baranagy registration muddled up. Ask to register at the barangay and they can then give you clearance.
    The chances are the NBI wont ask for it, however for the sake of 100 pesos its better to have it with you. NBI clearance is valid for one year.
    thanks jake xxgrinning-smiley-00xx3.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    After reading all the hoo ha online in January, i expected the yearly report to be difficult. Took me under 30mins to complete the whole process. Just goes to show don't believe everything you read online!
    Yes Jake but the whole point is that they already have all the information they need.. Thats why we were issued an ACR card.
    It only took me an hour in Jan but that's only because we had a pre filled in the form that I had printed off the week before.. Without online research and discussion the report session would have been a pain in the ass for me .
    If they want additional info or new requirements they should wait for the ACR cards to expire and do all that B.S on the renewal..
    How simple would that be!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information