Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: haiyan typhoon

haiyan typhoon

I s it me or do others still get upset when watching the news about what is happening over in the phils

Yep me too but it might be because i recognise the places on the news having been to Tacloban many times.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I s it me or do others still get upset when watching the news about what is happening over in the phils
    Not only you Steve. We find it so upsetting that so many people are suffering. I'm sure the major issues will come out at some point about that.

I also find many of those interviews to be so inspiring and uplifting. So many wonderful folks in this world.
    Resilience and innovation is their byword.

God knows how most of us westeners would manage.

I have to admit that I am full of empathy, feel choked and very upset when following the news about the typhoon and the aftermath. The sight of human suffering is upsetting for anyone with a heart However, like Terpe, I so enjoy hearing some of the positive stories that are emerging, especially how the world is pulling together to provide help

The main problem here is that they DONT help them selves.. We have had no power for 5 days now here in Bohol.. Most Barangays have a water supply system through pipes right to their houses and yet no water till now!!
    The Mayors of our place is having a row with our barangay captain as they obviously dislike each other.. ALL THEY NEED TO DO is give the community a generator to supply the pump that generates our water for 2 hours a day.. Will they do that???? No!! They would much rather compete with each other in trying to get the local fire trucks to fill up our buckets!!
    Just visited our local sari sari and they are out of drinking water..2 Adults and 3 young kids that will fall asleep thirsty tonight..
    I guess I`d better do my bit tomorrow and help out where I can.. I cant see any other bugger gonna do it!!
    Fred.

I've a lot to learn about the 'politics' of local government in the Philippines.

I had both good and not-so-good experiences with Barangay Captain. Have to say mostly good.

Banned
    I've haven't known my mum to cry not since dad past away....she says when she sees those little kiddies in that 'hell hole' she sees her 2 grandchildren...my boys

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I've a lot to learn about the 'politics' of local government in the Philippines.
    A brief lesson in Philippine politics.............Enjoy
    Meriam Defensor tells it like it is !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

God knows how most of us westeners would manage.
    We would manage Peter...it's human nature to do just that....Remember the years of the blitz..those war years where thousands of service folk didnt come home.

It was horrific.. no words could ever describe. the scenes in the BBC news and newspaper. I just hope that the donations from all over the countries will go to the right people not to corrupt offficials!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottishbride View Post
    It was horrific.. no words could ever describe. the scenes in the BBC news and newspaper. I just hope that the donations from all over the countries will go to the right people not to corrupt offficials!!
    I hope so too

Thread Information