Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thank You Vmuch...Maraming Salamat po!!

LET THE WHOLE WORLD KNOW HOW GRATEFUL WE ARE WITH THEIR HELP IN TIMES WE NEED IT MOST.

https://www.facebook.com/TruPinoyTV?ref=stream

AUSTRALIA - US$10 million package
    BELGIUM - medical and search and rescue personnel
    CANADA - C$5 million
    DENMARK - KR 10 million
    EUROPEAN UNION - EUR 3 million
    GERMANY - 23 tons of relief goods
    HUNGARY - search and rescue personnel and rapid response team
    INDONESIA - in-kind donations
    ISRAEL- team of medical, trauma and relief professionals
    JAPAN - emergency relief medical team
    MALAYSIA - medical and search and rescue teams
    THE NETHERLANDS - undisclosed financial aid
    NEW ZEALAND - NZ $2.15 million
    NORWAY - KR 20 million
    RUSSIA - rapid response team
    SAUDI ARABIA through Prince Talal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud - US$100,000
    SINGAPORE - $50,000
    SPAIN - in-kind donations
    SWEDEN- emergency communications equipment
    TAIWAN - $200,000
    TURKEY - medics, rapid response team, search and rescue personnel
    UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - Dhs 36 million
    UNITED KINGDOM - £6 million and $9.6 million worth of emergency support package
    UNITED NATIONS Children's Fund - $1.3 million worth of supplies
    UNITED STATES - initial $100,000 for water and sanitation; Troops, emergency respondents, transportation and equipment

A grateful nation thanks all of your very generous hearts and outpouring support in the rescue/relief/recovery/rehabilitation efforts on the devastation brought about by Typhoon Yolanda (International code name: Haiyan).

May every Filipino you encounter in the world thank you all personally. Our people affected by the recent natural disasters may not have a very Merry Christmas, but because of all of you, they will feel that there is hope for one. God-bless all of you and all those in this country who make it better for others in need.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Although I really hope these donations will be received by all the victims of the typhoon and won't be pocketed by corrupt officials.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Bit of a dilemma for me, part of me is really pleased that money and aid are being sent, then I read that Singapore is sending $50000, that quite frankly is an insult considering how many OFW's are there keeping their economy thriving, and as far as Saudi is concerned that's a personal donation that's probably less than he earns in interest in a day..... get your hands in your Royal pockets

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

Although I really hope these donations will be received by all the victims of the typhoon and won't be pocketed by corrupt officials.
    With the UN now looking to raise $300 million there'll be plenty of opportunity for their own tax free salaried and UN passported staff to siphon of a load before it gets anywhere near the Philippines

it is better that these countries would send them directly to the victims and not through government officials

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Bit of a dilemma for me, part of me is really pleased that money and aid are being sent, then I read that Singapore is sending $50000, that quite frankly is an insult considering how many OFW's are there keeping their economy thriving, and as far as Saudi is concerned that's a personal donation that's probably less than he earns in interest in a day..... get your hands in your Royal pockets
    Well said Simon!

I read that Singapore is sending $50000, that quite frankly is an insult

and as far as Saudi is concerned that's a personal donation that's probably less than he earns in interest in a day..... get your hands in your Royal pockets
    Hello SimonH,...If you can double the money they sent to help the Philippines then you have the right to Moan!!...otherwise, just keep your opinions to yourself and stop slagging people off who are trying to help our country ..the Philippines!!

Thank you.

All donations help, whether they are 50p or £50 million. Salamat Po Lah
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Hello SimonH,...If you can double the money they sent to help the Philippines then you have the right to Moan!!...otherwise, just keep your opinions to yourself and stop slagging people off who are trying to help our country ..the Philippines!!

Thank you.
    If you're going to quote me, then have the courtesy of quoting everything I said and not cherry picking. You seem to have left out the important first sentence where I said I am pleased that money and aid are being sent.
    Let's not make this into a petty war of words, instead keep the topic on donations.

Thank you

If you're going to quote me, then have the courtesy of quoting everything I said and not cherry picking.
    Ungrateful people dont deserve any courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    All donations help, whether they are 50p or £50 million. Salamat Po Lah
    Thank you..you sound like a proper British/Welsh/Scouse/Pinoy!! ..proud of you!!

Thank you..you sound like a proper British/Welsh/Scouse/Pinoy!! ..proud of you!!
    Keith?

Part-Scots & Irish too ... I believe, anyway.

Trusted Member
    Walang anuman, salamat din for posting this thread !

You will see the Philippine flag next to my name here .

I am doing whatever I can to support my Filipino friends by keeping in contact.

I am keeping a close watch on the news as it unfolds from the Philippines, and the international responses. Anything of interest and help regarding health issues will be posted on the Forum.

This is no time to be cynical or fight amongst ourselves. The consequences of this terrible natural disaster should unite all members more than any other issue .

This post is NOT about me, except to pledge continuing support. I wish I could afford more. Bahala na.

Thank you Doc!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post

I am keeping a close watch on the news as it unfolds from the Philippines, and the international responses. Anything of interest and help regarding health issues will be posted on the Forum.

This is no time to be cynical or fight amongst ourselves. The consequences of this terrible natural disaster should unite all members more than any other issue .

This post is NOT about me, except to pledge continuing support. I wish I could afford more. Bahala na.
    Well said Doc - my only concern is that donations are channelled through organisations that are able to quickly provide max relief without removing large slices to cover admin and inflated CEO salaries - this makes me suspicious about some large British charities and the UN

The aid is becoming more impressive here are some figures from the BBC. It's great to see the whole world seems to want to help in one way or another. It would be nice to think that as we approach the season of goodwill the people of the world will be moved enough to contribute to one of the appeals.

AUSTRALIA: $9.3m package, including medical staff, shelter materials, water containers and hygiene kits
    JAPAN: $10m, including tents and blankets. 25-person medical team already sent
    SOUTH KOREA: $5m plus a 40-strong medical team
    INDONESIA: Logistical aid including aircraft, food, generators and medicine
    UAE: $10m in humanitarian aid
    US: $20m in humanitarian aid, 90 marines, aircraft carrier plus logistics support
    UK: $16m (£10m) package including emergency shelter, water and household items

give what you can and what you are happy with is all we can do, every little will help someone we hope

Ungrateful people dont deserve any courtesy.
    Ungrateful Read my post again Let's keep this on topic shall we

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post

yes thanks doc....a lot of areas affected by the typhoon hasnt received anything yet ..in fact there has been incidence of gunshooting in SJ bridge and looting going on in some areas affected.

just received an update from a friend in Samar today they
    finally receive relief goods from U.N. delivered by five US Marine c130 plane .

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    The aid is becoming more impressive here are some figures from the BBC. It's great to see the whole world seems to want to help in one way or another. It would be nice to think that as we approach the season of goodwill the people of the world will be moved enough to contribute to one of the appeals.

AUSTRALIA: $9.3m package, including medical staff, shelter materials, water containers and hygiene kits
    JAPAN: $10m, including tents and blankets. 25-person medical team already sent
    SOUTH KOREA: $5m plus a 40-strong medical team
    INDONESIA: Logistical aid including aircraft, food, generators and medicine
    UAE: $10m in humanitarian aid
    US: $20m in humanitarian aid, 90 marines, aircraft carrier plus logistics support
    UK: $16m (£10m) package including emergency shelter, water and household items
    thank you for taking time to post about the updated figures .

.. and by the way
    thank you for two good reps i received in this thread and one bad rep .. very appreciated

If you're going to quote me, then have the courtesy of quoting everything I said and not cherry picking. You seem to have left out the important first sentence where I said I am pleased that money and aid are being sent.
    Let's not make this into a petty war of words, instead keep the topic on donations.

Thank you

Apparently this comment deserves negative rep, with the comment "rude mate...very rude!!"

Kindly someone explain to me what's so rude about the post
    Would a mod or administrator kindly look into this and make a decision whether they think it's justified or not and then get back to me.

..and by the way
    thank you for two good reps i received in this thread and one bad rep ..very appreciated
    I'd just like to point out Sars that I didn't leave any rep, good or bad

...Would a mod or administrator kindly look into this and make a decision whether they think it's justified or not and then get back to me.
    Decisions about positive or negative rep's are down solely to the 'giver'.

It's an individual and anonymous responsibility to which neither Admin nor Mods are involved. Nor should they be.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Decisions about positive or negative rep's are down solely to the 'giver'.

It's an individual and anonymous responsibility to which neither Admin nor Mods are involved. Nor should they be.
    Thank you for clarifying that, and apologies for taking it off topic. I can't say that I agree to the no involvement rule as someone could take a dislike to a fellow member and consistently give negative rep without justification. I'm here to follow the t&c's not change them

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    give what you can and what you are happy with is all we can do, every little will help someone we hope
    I'll agree with that Steve!

LET THE WHOLE WORLD KNOW HOW GRATEFUL WE ARE WITH THEIR HELP IN TIMES WE NEED IT MOST.

A grateful nation thanks all of your very generous hearts and outpouring support in the rescue/relief/recovery/rehabilitation efforts on the devastation brought about by Typhoon Yolanda (International code name: Haiyan).

May every Filipino you encounter in the world thank you all personally. Our people affected by the recent natural disasters may not have a very Merry Christmas, but because of all of you, they will feel that there is hope for one. God-bless all of you and all those in this country who make it better for others in need.
    Lovely posting Sars and very much appreciated, thank you! The speed and size of the aid donations being made from the UK is a wonderful indication of how much the British care about and want to help the Filipino people who have lost so much in terrible circumstances.

It's also fabulous to see other countries providing a united front and pledging desperately needed support .

Trusted Member
    I agree Rosie...said it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Lovely posting Sars and very much appreciated, thank you! The speed and size of the aid donations being made from the UK is a wonderful indication of how much the British care about and want to help the Filipino people who have lost so much in terrible circumstances.

It's also fabulous to see other countries providing a united front and pledging desperately needed support .
    thank you Rosie, I was so overwhelmed!!

as of today:

''GENEROUS Britons have raised an incredible £23 million in just 48 hours to help hundreds of thousands of people affected by killer Typhoon Haiyan.''

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...typhoon-appeal

''GENEROUS Britons have raised an incredible £23 million in just 48 hours to help hundreds of thousands of people affected by killer Typhoon Haiyan.''

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...typhoon-appeal
    , Marie ... Gt 's NOT such a bad old nation when all is said and done!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information