Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Posting parcels from the UK to the Philippines

hi, I am flying to the Philippines a week Friday, and I am miles over my 20kg.
    I need to send a parcel what I think I am over, from the uk to my apartment to in Philippines.
    the only problem is the price, the post office have just quoted me me £86 for 5kg.

can any one help, do you know a cheaper method of sending, it need to be signed for and tracked and traced.
    the contents are only baby clothes.

will

Balikbayan Boxes are the cheapest but take 6 weeks - avoid DHL though - tried sending two things to Manila and they were absolutely useless and tried charging duty on a zero valued CD of my wedding pics!

There are a raft of cheaper brokers like www.parcel2go.com too not sure if they do international?

Tone

lbc balakbayan boxes

Banned
    I doubt if it is cheap but I suspect you need to be looking at one of these outfits

http://www.excess-baggage.com/baggag...e_shipping.php

or this lot 5kg via Parcelfarce £53.84 http://www.postagesupermarket.com/index.php

Respected Member
    Good advice to avoid the couriers, so many times with Fedex and DHL for the simplist thing do you get told you have to pay duties and then a customs handling fee and then a storage fee etc etc for items without value.
    Your airline might allow you to pre book an additional bag for a cheaper price. You can either try the manage booking section on the airlines website or give the airline a call. Pre-booking the additional bag is usually a lot cheaper then trying to pay excess at the airport.

ok thanks every one for your input, Dedworth, did you use this company and what was the courier did you use at postagesupermarket.com....what was the time it took door to door and what size box did you use to get that price of £53.84

Mailhouse Economy

Mailhouse

Parcelforce International

I need to get the box to the Philippines no later than 10day, 5-7 would be better.

cheers

will

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by will1927 View Post
    ok thanks every one for your input, Dedworth, did you use this company and what was the courier did you use at postagesupermarket.com....what was the time it took door to door and what size box did you use to get that price of £53.84

Mailhouse Economy

Mailhouse

Parcelforce International

I need to get the box to the Philippines no later than 10day, 5-7 would be better.

cheers

will
    Will

I've never sent anything to the PI but have used these courier resellers to send boxes for my business. I've used postagesupermarket for Spain and Italy. I just put in some sort of standard size for 5kg to get that quote from them.

Another outfit I used for USA and Sweden is www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/ - I've just put 25cm x 35cm x 40cm / 5kg into their site and it's come up with £45.09 Air Express and £53.29 Parcelforce 3 - 6 days no VAT.

At the time of using them it was through UPS & DHL

Hope this helps

Thread Information