Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

mother of all typoons

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/mtsat/wpac/flash-ir2.html take a look at the size of this thing if it stays on tract it will be bang centre of the eye over my head .never prayed before BUT

Trusted Member
    Blimey.

Batten down the hatches mate, and stay safe.

There seems to be a change in the weather pattern as it is rare for typhoons to hit the south.
    This is the first year since i have lived here that a typhoon hasn't come close to where we live

Flush your toilet and collect as much water as you can Brian You will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    There seems to be a change in the weather pattern as it is rare for typhoons to hit the south.
    This is the first year since i have lived hear that a typhoon hasn't come close to where we live

Flush your toilet and collect as much water as you can Brian You will be fine
    lol my bro n law owns a water fillin station so ive got 5 x 5 gallon bottles ready

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    lol my bro n law owns a water fillin station so ive got 5 x 5 gallon bottles ready

Collect it early as i have left it too late in the past One week without electricity is fine. A week without water

Am watching the news and its turning right... oh no!!

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post

Collect it early as i have left it to late in the past One week without electricity is fine. A week without water

Am watching the news and its turning right... oh no!!
    I think your well clear of it ya might get some heavy rain tho

is this hit Mindanao? hope not
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    is this hit Mindanao? hope not
    maybe only the northern tip possibly surigow area

Scheduled to hit Manila on Friday

http://blogs.wsj.com/searealtime/201...super-typhoon/

Keep safe

Glad i went to Manila today for my CNI conversion then. Just gotta get down to the fiance's local town and back for Marriage License application before it hits....

Full alert for Typhoon Yolanda (Codename Haiyan)

The Department of Transportation and Communications ( DOTC) and all its attached agencies are now on full status alert in anticipation of Typhoon Yolanda (international code: Typhoon Haiyan), which could be the strongest tropical cyclone to hit the country this year.

Typhoon Yolanda is expected to hit the Samar-Leyte area on Friday, November 8, between 12 noon and 3 pm. As of 11 pm Wednesday, 12 areas in the Visayas and Mindanao were already placed under Signal No. 1

In a statement on Wednesday, November 6, DOTC Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya said his department was on Level 3 alert to reduce the possibility of loss and injury that the typhoon is expected to cause.

“Safety is always our priority. We want to have the least number of casualties possible, and we placed all transport agencies on Full Alert Status precisely to ensure that,” Abaya said.

The status means conducting increased safety inspections, enhancing provisions for affected passengers, and deploying patrol vehicles and quick response teams.

The Philippine Coast Guard, an attached agency of the DOTC, deployed 40 rubber boats and 30 aluminum boats in the Visayas substations for emergency rescue operations.

Transport agencies were also set to secure vessels and aircrafts at ports and airports. They were closely monitoring the situation to decide whether trips should be suspended or cancelled.

The DOTC will provide real-time information to the public as the typhoon approaches and intensifies. It reminded transport operators to do the same.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) has directed local government units ( LGUs) to activate their respective disaster risk reduction and management councils as Typhoon Yolanda approached.

Some LGUs have already announced class suspensions for Thursday, November 7, in anticipation of the strong typhoon

Source:-
    http://www.rappler.com/business/4305...yphoon-yolanda

12 Vis-Min areas now under Signal No. 1

State weather bureau Pagasa has placed 12 provinces in the Visayas and Mindanao under Signal Number 1 because of typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan), according to its 11 pm bulletin.

"The typhoon east of Mindanao is about to enter the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) and will be named "Yolanda," read the 11 pm bulletin.

The Visayas provinces are:
    •Northern Samar
    •Eastern Samar
    •Samar
    •Leyte
    •Southern Leyte
    •Biliran Island
    •Camotes Island

The Mindanao provinces are:
    •Surigao del Norte, including Siargao Island
    •Dinagat Island
    •Surigao del Sur
    •Agusan del Norte
    •northern part of Agusan del Sur

As of 12 am Thursday, November 7, the eye of the typhoon was located at 943 kilometers east of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur. It packed maximum sustained winds of 195 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 230 kph. It is moving west northwest at 30 kph.

A little past midnight, moderate to occasional heavy rains were already affecting the provinces of Surigao Del Norte, Surigao Del Sur, Agusan Del Norte, Zamboanga City, and Basilan.

The 12 areas will expect in the next 36 hours 30-60 kph winds, according to the bulletin. These winds may cause twigs and branches of trees to be broken, banana plants to tilt or land flat on the ground, rice in flowering stage to suffer significant damage, and nipa and cogon houses to be partially unroofed.

Sea travel is risky for small seacrafts and fishing boats over the eastern seaboard of Southern Luzon and Eastern Visayas.

Typhoon Yolanda is expected to move 55 kilometers to southeast area of Romblon Island by Friday evening, November 8, and 527 kilometers West Northwest of Coron, Palawan, by Saturday evening.

The next bulletin will be issued 5 am Thursday, November 7

Source:-
    http://www.rappler.com/nation/specia...anda-pm-update

Trusted Member
    I’m sure everyone living in or with any connections to the Philippines is anxiously watching the progress of this typhoon, the 25th to affect the country, in which until now the average has been around 20 a year.

Those not in its expected path must be hoping for the best, and to those likely to be affected directly our thoughts are with you. All we can do right now is hope it will be less severe than expected and stay positive.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/07/wo...yphoon-haiyan/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24846813

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    I’m sure everyone living in or with any connections to the Philippines is anxiously watching the progress of this typhoon, the 25th to affect the country, in which until now the average has been around 20 a year.

Those not in its expected path must be hoping for the best, and to those likely to be affected directly our thoughts are with you. All we can do right now is hope it will be less severe than expected and stay positive.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/07/wo...yphoon-haiyan/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24846813
    less severe your having a laugh doc lol have you seen the size of the thing its headed straight for me lol

less severe your having a laugh doc lol have you seen the size of the thing its headed straight for me lol
    Get down to Maccy D's now to stock up

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Get down to Maccy D's now to stock up
    well my ol man kindly sent me a link of jamie olivers documentry telling how their burgers are made and kinda gone off them now lol what am gonna do now hahaha

Respected Member
    If your in a solid house away from areas which easily flood or landside, you should be fine. I pity people in areas where deforestation has occured on hillsides or building has taken place on floodplains without adequate drainage. I've never been through any big typhoons on land, but have been through them at sea (which is actually far safer/better then you'd expect unless you suffer from seasickness).
    I remember when Marvie and the kids got flooded out by Ondoy, that was a nightmare. Here in Oman they had a typhoon a few years ago that killed quite a few because they underestimated drainage here in the sandpit.

Hopefully Tiger and Fred will be out for beers on Saturday, we are thinking of you guys (as well as our families and many other filipinos) tonight and tomorrow.

Cheers Ricky.. Just finished putting fishing net over most of roof ..(125 meters X 12fft wide)
    The rain is hammering down now which I`m pleased about as we don't get much rain here in Bohol..Next week the garden will look marvelous!
    The storm seems to have moved North a bit and they are saying we should expect a signal No.2 here in Bohol which is good news considering how many people on the main island of Bohol are still roughing it in tents because of the recent earthquake.. Still not looking forward to the brown out tomorrow though!!
    Cheers,
    fred.

Brian..Look forward to your posts in a few days..
    You`ll be fine!!

our power is getting switched off in half an hour to prepare for the typhoon slamming into us so goodnight folks don,t know when we will be back online

Stay safe mate

Trusted Member
    Far from having a laugh, I am anxiously following the progress of the typhoon, like everyone else, and repeat my best wishes to you.

it is now raining moderate in Batangas (Luzon) we will have the last battering of the Typhoon. Oh the winds and the rain! Be safe everyone please.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Far from having a laugh, I am anxiously following the progress of the typhoon, like everyone else, and repeat my best wishes to you.
    very good well i,m still alive lol tomoro is when the action begins for me

Hope you're safe Tiger don't want you having to spend my future winnings on Repairs (I'm all heart)
    Seriously keep safe

http://typhoonstormwatch2012.blogspot.co.uk/

This thing is 'bigger' than anyone has predicted.

BBC news has reported windspeeds between 200-400kmh and surge waves at 15m
    I don't think I can sleep easy tonight.
    My extended family has really suffered hugely these past couple of years already.

BBC says Bolhol looks to be on target for the worst conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

My extended family has really suffered hugely these past couple of years already.

Not the worst Terpe as it is tracking North of us.. Still signal 2/3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Not the worst Terpe as it is tracking North of us.. Still signal 2/3 though.

I very happy to see you're still online fred

Hope you can keep us updated from time to time.

I'm watching the BBC reports and other TFC reports and it's disturbing for us.

There's some very scary stats getting broadcast.

Many thanks fred for the update.

Just been on Cathay's website. Flights from Hong Kong to Cebu will be delayed but one's to Manila are OK.

Hope for everyone's sake this typhoon doesn't cause too much grief. Fingers crossed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post

This is unimaginable. ..I remember our storm in 87....The wife was in bed with our 2 toddlers. ..she said it was like God trying His hardest to take our roof off our tough old Victorian house. ..those were 125mph winds. ..The same 200kms wind speed as predicted in The Philippines ..Goodness knows what hell they will be put through over there in the coming hours

My prayers will be with you all

Trusted Member
    Take care all of our friends and relations.

195mph gusts out at sea.

Live blog....

https://twitter.com/ExtremeStorms

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information