Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Lovely pictures

Don't know If I've posted this one of my wife before? It is the one we used on our wedding souvenirs and wedding invites.

If you have its well worth seeing again.
    Mick.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I've been dying to put a photo of my wife on here for months and someone kindly gave me instructions on this forum which I appreciate, but I have no information how to upload on to Photobucket from a folder on the Computer, also where I'm instructed to paste the link to forum post, I've no idea what paste means and how to put it on forum post. I'm afraid I need telling what keys to press to do these things. Any extra help please?

You have a very handsome husband, lucky girl!

Trusted Member
    Wow !

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    I've been dying to put a photo of my wife on here for months and someone kindly gave me instructions on this forum which I appreciate, but I have no information how to upload on to Photobucket from a folder on the Computer, also where I'm instructed to paste the link to forum post, I've no idea what paste means and how to put it on forum post. I'm afraid I need telling what keys to press to do these things. Any extra help please?
    Try this Michael:

First open your photobucket.

Press the big orange 'upload' button at the top.

A new page will open, with 'choose photos and videos' in the middle.

Click on that.

It will then open a folder on your computer...not necessarily the folder where your photos are.

If it's not the right folder, press the black arrow to the right of the 'Look-in' box at the top of the box on your screen.

That will then show a list of the folders on your computer. Navigate to the one where you have your pictures, by clicking and opening.

When you find it, if the pictures are just displayed as files or numbers, to make it easier to select each one, click on the little 'view menu' box...top right hand corner and select 'thumbnails' from the drop-down list. Your pictures will then appear.

Click (ie select) on each photo you want to upload.

If you want to upload more than one, before 'selecting' press the Ctrl button on your keyboard and hold it down while you select. Then take it off, and press the 'open' box on the main upload box on your screen.

If you find it difficult to master the ctrl thing at first, just upload one at a time.

Sit back while photobucket takes over and uploads your pics.

It will indicate when the process has been completed, and then you can start the next stage...copying and pasting the link for each pic to here.

After a bit of experience, it will take you seconds...trust me.

Trusted Member
    Stage 2:

Selecting, then copying and pasting a picture from your photobucket to here:

Click on the picture on photobucket that you wish to put in a reply box on FilUK (or any forum).

This will open the picture in a new box/page.

At the right it will say...'links to share this photo'.

After allowing a few secs for the picture to have opened properly...LEFT click on the link after the word 'direct'.

You will see a yellow 'copied' word flash up.

That's it....you've copied the link, and can then paste it into the reply box on here.

So, go back to FilUK and when you're ready, write in the reply box [img]

then right click after that last bracket and select 'paste' . Your picture link will then appear on the page there.

Finish off by writing [/img] ...immediately after the last figure in your pasted link.

Press the 'Go Advanced' button on here, and then you can preview your post to make sure you haven't dropped a ........

The main thing is...there should be no gaps between the img bits and the link you've pasted between them (and note that the last img has one of these / after the first square bracket).

To make things easier, I have TWO internet pages open at the same time...one with photobucket and one with FilUK open. You can just flit between them.

Never done this before ?

Just click on your internet (Mozilla or whatever) again, without closing the first one.

Stage 1:

First open your photobucket.

Press the big orange 'upload' button at the top.

A new page will open, with 'choose photos and videos' in the middle.

Click on that.

It will then open a folder on your computer...not necessarily the folder where your photos are.

If it's not the right folder, press the black arrow to the right of the 'Look-in' box at the top of the box on your screen.

That will then show a list of the folders on your computer. Navigate to the one where you have your pictures, by clicking and opening.

When you find it, if the pictures are just displayed as files or numbers, to make it easier to select each one, click on the little 'view menu' box...top right hand corner and select 'thumbnails' from the drop-down list. Your pictures will then appear.

Click (ie select) on each photo you want to upload.

If you want to upload more than one, before 'selecting' press the Ctrl button on your keyboard and hold it down while you select. Then take it off, and press the 'open' box on the main upload box on your screen.

If you find it difficult to master the ctrl thing at first, just upload one at a time.

Sit back while photobucket takes over and uploads your pics.

It will indicate when the process has been completed, and then you can start the next stage...copying and pasting the link for each pic to here.

Stage 2:

Selecting, then copying and pasting a picture from your photobucket to here:

Click on the picture on photobucket that you wish to put in a reply box on FilUK (or any forum).

This will open the picture in a new box/page.

At the right side of the page, it will say...'links to share this photo'. Like this:

Then go back to FilUK reply page and when you're ready...

A pop out like this will come out

Note:
    To make things easier, Open TWO internet pages at the same time...one with photobucket and one with FilUK open. You can just flit between them.

Just click on your internet (Mozilla or whatever) again, without closing the first one. :

Just added pics on Graham's post

Hope that helps Michael.

Trusted Member
    Thanks April

Note though:

It's the DIRECT link that you should use, not the IMG one....then the bandwidth is used on photobucket...not on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Thanks April

Note though:

It's the DIRECT link that you should use, not the IMG one....then the bandwidth is used on photobucket...not on this site.
    Thanks for that Graham... Just doing what I was told here before... I will try the DIRECT link next time and see how it differs from the IMG link.

Thanks to both you and Graham, will try after I've taken Maritess to work this morning!

We have tried many many times and we can't fathom it out at all I'm afraid, don't know what to do now. What it is, is that we can't get to the page on Photobucket that says "Links to Share this Photo"

Trusted Member
    We have tried many many times and we can't fathom it out at all I'm afraid, don't know what to do now. What it is, is that we can't get to the page on Photobucket that says "Links to Share this Photo"
    I'm sorry you're still having problems Michael. It's not a separate page but a list which appears on the right hand side of the photo you have selected. Then you may click either " IMG " or " DIRECT " as suggested by Graham.

It looks ( from your last post here ) as if maybe you have inadvertently deleted the photo you wished to post, since the message from Photobucket has appeared saying : - " Sorry. This person moved or deleted this image ". Make sure you still have the " image " ( photo ) on your Photobucket.

Do you have a friend who could perhaps help you in person ? I do appreciate it can be hard to follow written instructions .

Good luck .

Trusted Member
    Michael, open your photobucket , and find your pictures initially by pressing the 'Library', then 'recent uploads' from the drop-down list that will appear...near the top left of the page.

When you see the pic you want to post here...LEFT click on it to open it fully, in a page that will look like the one I've pictured below.

Go across to the links at the right hand side, and then LEFT click on the 'direct' link.

You will then be able to go to the FilUK page and RIGHT click to paste it between [img] and [/img]

The picture should then appear here on the page when you press the reply button here.

To check first if it's worked, just go to 'Go advanced' and then you can preview your reply (and edit if needs be) before pressing the reply button.

Don't give in . Keep trying !

maybe this quick you tube video may help?

[IMG][/IMG]

Last night we managed to put our photo on here and it seemed Ok, this morning it has disappeared. So Maritess has done it again and somehow it's come on three times for some strange reason?

Slip as you can see your little vid has nothing at all to do with Photobucket? Can someone delete two of the Photo's please?

Taking wifey to work now, will be back later and thank you all for your help, lets hope we've got it right this time!

Great picture and well worth the wait.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Great picture and well worth the wait.
    A team effort, well done Michael and Maritess .

Slip as you can see your little vid has nothing at all to do with Photobucket? Can someone delete two of the Photo's please?
    Don't get what you mean, it is all about photobucket...

Lovely photos by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Don't get what you mean, it is all about photobucket...

Lovely photos by the way.
    Thank you Slip, Yes it is Photobucket now but before it was about a small pre amp or something!

Thank's Alan Slip & Rory, It's taken since November 5th 2013 to do a photo on here!

Well worth the wait Michael

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Well worth the wait Michael
    Thank you Steve, Yes 9 months is a looooong time!

Trusted Member
    Well done Michael.

Lovely picture. Keep em coming.

Thank's Alan Slip & Rory, It's taken since November 5th 2013 to do a photo on here!
    Well done Michael good job.
    Thanks for sharing

Thank you Peter also Graham, and thanks to whoever removed the two extra photos, appreciated!

Thread Information