Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Filipina Maid dies in botched escape

it's time the Phils gov banned maids going to Arab countries

Kuwait: A domestic worker died after falling from a high place while attempting to escape from her employer’s apartment, according to preliminary investigations.

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/filipina...otched-escape/
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    They are little more than slaves of these bloody animals...and often sex slaves.

Most of the ladies would probably be too frightened or ashamed to admit they're being abused, but I've no doubt this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    They are little more than slaves of these bloody animals...and often sex slaves.

Most of the ladies would probably be too frightened or ashamed to admit they're being abused, but I've no doubt this is just the tip of the iceberg.
    well said I hate arab scumbags

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

I dont think you have to look far its happeniing here. Not to filipinos but to our own kids. Groomers are no different.

One died last month trying to get down 9 floors with sheeting tied together.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    Sad situation, but again I'd say probably more chance of being raped or attacked in the UK or the Philippines then in an Arab country.
    The situation isn't great for some maids here in the Middle East, but for most the conditions are actually very good and well regulated.

A lone Filipina lady would probably be far safer walking down a street at night in Kuwait then in some areas of London, Manchester or Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post

A lone Filipina lady would probably be far safer walking down a street at night in Kuwait then in some areas of London, Manchester or Birmingham.
    i don't know about that, I've never been to a Arab country but I've posted about filipina maids been raped by police

the thing is, i only post about filipina maids being abused there are many more cases where the maid was non filipina, eg African, but its not just the Arab countries, places like India, women are used as slave labour

there are 100,000s of Filipina maids around the world, how many are victims of human trafficking and abuse, I suppose we will never know
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    The GCC is no paradise and scratch the surface of many of the countries and some of the mind set is still in the desert, however the countries are largely different to the poorer Arab countries such as Algeria, Egypt, Syria etc.
    There have been efforts throughout the region to ensure the safety and conditions for Domestic Helpers are maintained. Places such as the UAE and Oman are far ahead with this and prosecution of locals who try to circumvent the law takes place regularly. They also regularly deport overseas workers, many of whom are from the Philippines, who try to enter the country on visit visas in the hope of finding employment bypassing the safety measures that the GCC countries and the Philippines have established to ensure that Domestic Helpers are properly registered.
    I think change is happening here, although slower in some countries such as Saudi Arabia. But wealth and education is having an effect, and hopefully the countries will change for the better long before the oil and gas reserves are depleted.

Thread Information