Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Member

World's Busiest Maternity Hospital - in Manila.

On BBC2 tonight ( Thursday 31 October ) the “ contrasting fortunes of the people of Manila … are told through the lives of three women in this documentary … about a public hospital ( Dr. Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital, Santa Cruz ) where 24,000 children are born every year “. That’s 1/5 of ALL births in Metro Manila ; and 3% of UK births ( over 800,000/ year ) !

Reproductive Health Law ? As we all know, its implementation was delayed by the Philippines Supreme Court in March of this year !

one midwife thinks shes delivered 200,000 babies

i posted about this last week, but thanks for reminding me its on tonight
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

Sorry Joebloggs, I missed your post .

its ok doc alan, it was about 'no sex please we're Japanese'

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....We-re-Japanese
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Maybe she should have thought about that before opening her mouth

If she worked 13 hour days, every day for 40 years and delivered 1 baby an hour that still wouldn't add up to 200000

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    189,000 it's near enough Simon, Will watch that tonight, thanks to both you and Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

If she worked 13 hour days, every day for 40 years and delivered 1 baby an hour that still wouldn't add up to 200000
    she was asked and she made a guess, well seeing on some beds there are 4 or more women ready to give birth, maybe she can help deliver more than just 1 an hour

she was asked and she made a guess, well seeing on some beds there are 4 or more women ready to give birth, maybe she can help deliver more than just 1 an hour
    Why the again Joe

Even at a rate of 2 babies per hour she would have to work 13 hour days for over 21 years without ever taking a day off. Are you deliberately trolling or is it just my posts you have delight in arguing with

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    I'll be watching it!

Respected Member
    Should be very interesting. I'll be watching!

So will my wife. She did part of her nursing training there.

Why the again Joe

Even at a rate of 2 babies per hour she would have to work 13 hour days for over 21 years without ever taking a day off. Are you deliberately trolling or is it just my posts you have delight in arguing with
    your the one questioning her estimate i think she would have a better idea of how many babes she delivered than you

i think you'll find it's you who is arguing

Maritess sister did her Midwifery course at that hospital!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Maritess sister did her Midwifery course at that hospital!
    my misses worked there too delivering babies

your the one questioning her estimate i think she would have a better idea of how many babes she delivered than you

i think you'll find it's you who is arguing
    There you go ing again

I am questioning HER estimate, not your statement and am giving simple equations as to why I question HER. So you're telling us that you believe everything you read You seem to take great delight in questioning political statements, and as you say they have a much better idea of what they're doing than yourself

Think about it Joe

Trusted Member
    Just finished watching it.

Most enjoyable...and quite moving.

The lady's first answer was she didn't know how many she delivered. The interviewer then pushed her and she just said 200,000. Shall we just agree that over her 28 years she's delivered loads of babies and done a great job.

Very good programme and delighted that the young girl got her job at the end

Respected Member
    What an excellent programme! A truly fascinating and moving insight.

Next week's programme looks like it will be just as interesting. IMHO, this series is ESSENTIAL viewing. More top quality programming from the BBC.

Really enjoyed watching this

There you go ing again

I am questioning HER estimate, not your statement and am giving simple equations as to why I question HER. So you're telling us that you believe everything you read You seem to take great delight in questioning political statements, and as you say they have a much better idea of what they're doing than yourself

Think about it Joe
    what a good idea, think about it first, well you are the expert on the NHS (ambulance workshops and the state of the NHS)

so I'll ask you how many babies has she delivered then

I'll help you out

my misses spent 2 months working in that hospital during her clerkship, she said she delivered about 15 babies a day, so it is possible that as a senior nurse could have delivered 25 babies a shift.

25 * 5 = 125 a week,
    48 working wks a year = 6,000
    6,000 * 28yrs = 168,000 after all its the world's busiest maternity hospital

as for trolling, your the only one who questioned her estimate, after all as Marco said she was pushed for a figure.

a very moving program, a tear of joy for the parents and the new job for the young lady too,
    Such a vast difference to the people who it seems have everything OTHER THAN LOOKS , to the many who live on very little, just my thoughts , no harm meant

i've not watched all of it yet, so i don't know if the program mentioned stillborn babies , the rate in the Phils is 4* higher than the UK

one of the many comments from Ems was why do they always seem to show the slums when there are beautiful places too,

what a good idea, think about it first, well you are the expert on the NHS (ambulance workshops and the state of the NHS)

so I'll ask you how many babies has she delivered then

I'll help you out

my misses spent 2 months working in that hospital during her clerkship, she said she delivered about 15 babies a day, so it is possible that as a senior nurse could have delivered 25 babies a shift.

25 * 5 = 125 a week,
    48 working wks a year = 6,000
    6,000 * 28yrs = 168,000 after all its the world's busiest maternity hospital

as for trolling, your the only one who questioned her estimate, after all as Marco said she was pushed for a figure.

Pointless discussing it with you isn't it Joe, because you always think you're right Did your misses actually deliver 15 babies a day or did she assist in the delivery

Tell me, how did you get your status as a moderator, when all you do is troll and antagonise

Tell you what, why not try moderating for once and just concede that she may have exaggerated a bit, try to bear in mind that this debate over figures was being discussed before the programme was aired AND before any one of us knew she was being pushed for a figure.

well i thinks thats the image the media have here of the Philippines, thou there are a lot of slums, but as you've said there are many beautiful places but people move to find work.

have you been to the slums around manila bay ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    one of the many comments from Ems was why do they always seem to show the slums when there are beautiful places too,
    Most of the people living in Tundo originate from various provinces throughout the Philippines because they believe that Manila streets are paved with gold, when in actual fact they are worse off than what they were in the province!

Pointless discussing it with you isn't Joe, because you always think you're right Did your misses actually deliver 15 babies a day or did she assist in the delivery
    Tell me, how did you get your status as a moderator, when all you do is troll and antagonise
    Tell you what, why not try moderating for once and just concede that she may have exaggerated a bit, try to bear in mind that this debate over figures was being discussed before the programme was aired AND before anyone of us knew she was being pushed for a figure.
    oh dear, you at someone who was asked how many babies she had delivered, you should read what you posted you've no idea how many babies she has delivered but you had a good at her

yes my misses did deliver 15 babies a day, you doubt what my misses tells me now its part of clerkship in the phils

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Most of the people living in Tundo originate from various provinces throughout the Philippines because they believe that Manila streets are paved with gold, when in actual fact they are worse off than what they were in the province!
    so true Michael, but can you blame them for moving there if that is the case

oh dear, you at someone who was asked how many babies she had delivered, you should read what you posted you've no idea how many babies she has delivered but you had a good at her

yes my misses did deliver 15 babies a day, you doubt what my misses tells me now its part of clerkship in the phils
    you two should become a two man show, its brilliant, the new morecambe and wise, or hinge and bracket, so funny when you get together, or is it just me thinking that

No, I broke her statement down into an equation, as in I doubted her figure, before it was stated that she was bullied into giving a guess.

You still avoid my very pertinent question about how you became a moderator when all you do is antagonise

You are beginning to resemble the Vicky Pollard of this forum with all your "yeah but, no but" answers

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    No, I broke her statement down into an equation, as in I doubted her figure, before it was stated that she was bullied into giving a guess.

You still avoid my very pertinent question about how you became a moderator when all you do is antagonise

You are beginning to resemble the Vicky Pollard of this forum with all your "yeah but, no but" answers
    Stop questioning why he became a moderator. It was the Admin's decision many years ago and Joe has been here in the forum for 7 years. If you have all your free time, go and search joe's posts for the past 7 years to know why he became a moderator.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information