Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Appointment booking at British Embassy, Manila for converting CNI - PLAN AHEAD!!

Hi all,

Wedding plans coming along nicely for January 16th 2014.

For the appointment at the British Embassy to convert my UK CNI, when i booked on the 15th September 2013, the earliest booking i could get was the 6th November 2013.

Apparently the Consulate in Cebu has retired and the CNI can no longer be converted within Cebu but i'm not sure it was possible originally? On the British Embassy Website, all Cebu Consoulate related items point to Manila.

So guys/gals, please be aware of the advance booking you need to make for such an appointment. I'm always on the lookout for last minute cancellations and so far nothing. As of today, the earliest appointment available is 13th January 2014.

I'm glad i booked when i did.......on the bright side, since the Embassy booking was so far in advance, i could reap the rewards of the Cebu Pacific Promo Fares!!! I've also tried calling to ask about any other availability but the advise was just to check the website booking page regularly.

Thanks Chris for this information.

I know plenty of folks who have needed to re-organise their plans due to the long waiting time for Embassy Appoinments.

I have made this a 'sticky' and moved to UK VISA/British Citizenship section. It'll be so much easier and quicker to find and for others to update from time to time.
    Hope you can agree to the move. I fear it would just get lost in the general chatting section.

Thanks for shifting it to a better location, after submitting it i had second thoughts of having it where it was.

Anyway, when i was initially going through the list of requirements i thought that the Embassy would be an easy chore compared to the others and would just be able to create a booking the week before. Thank god i didn't.

I sympathse with those having to re-organise especially when making the trip from UK. The only thing i need to worry about now is typhoon disruption

Quote Originally Posted by chrisincebu View Post
    Thanks for shifting it to a better location, after submitting it i had second thoughts of having it where it was.
    And now I've had second thoughts and think you were probably correct first time around.
    Sorry for my bad.

I noticed that there were a number of threads here related to CNI etc.

As an aside, it's worth knowing that if time is tight your fiancee may collect the CNI from the Embassy on your behalf. Just be sure that all needed ID's and documentations are taken.

Chris, yes CNI could be exchanged in CEBU during the time that the Honorary Consul (Moira Jackson) was responsible. All those useful little benefits are now no more since she retired.

No worries.

Good to know about the collection of the CNI. Shame much still has to be done via Manila these days. At least they have decided to open a Visa Processing office in Cebu now. That saves at least a return plane trip too!

i would advise that any documents needed for british embassy of your fiancee, to get them from nso in manila, my wife's documents from cagayan were not accepted and viewed upon as no more than forgeries,
    this delayed things for us having to make 2 more visits to the embassy, our first visit they told us to book online again, after pleading for help, explaining the appointments are 2 month waiting list they were kind enough to acommodate us with an earlier appointment, luckily we were not in a rush as i did not need to return to uk, but was all the same stressful and inconvenient, the british embassy is very strict,
    please make sure you have everything needed and correct

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    i would advise that any documents needed for british embassy of your fiancee, to get them from nso in manila, my wife's documents from cagayan were not accepted and viewed upon as no more than forgeries,
    this delayed things for us having to make 2 more visits to the embassy, our first visit they told us to book online again, after pleading for help, explaining the appointments are 2 month waiting list they were kind enough to acommodate us with an earlier appointment, luckily we were not in a rush as i did not need to return to uk, but was all the same stressful and inconvenient, the british embassy is very strict,
    please make sure you have everything needed and correct
    Thanks, the NSO requirements have been applied for on the www.ecensus.com.ph website. I think they are produced Manila and sent here. Should arrive any day now. So you go into the embassy alone? or you fiance joined you?

Your fiance can go with you.

Thanks, the NSO requirements have been applied for on the www.ecensus.com.ph website. I think they are produced Manila and sent here. Should arrive any day now. So you go into the embassy alone? or you fiance joined you?
    both myself and my wife, then fiance , joined me each time on our visits to british embassy, no problem with that at all , infact from my point of view, the embassy guards and staff all philippinas,it was handy to have my wife with me to speak for me,if not for her it would have been a 2 month appointment delay

Brilliant thanks guys!!

Hello guys! I am planning to book my appointment nextwek to exchange local CNI. I was planning to book it a months ago but it states in the website book your a appointment 2week before you visit the embassy ...gosh what I'm gonna do our wedding plan this coming dec...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    Hello guys! I am planning to book my appointment nextwek to exchange local CNI. I was planning to book it a months ago but it states in the website book your a appointment 2week before you visit the embassy ...gosh what I'm gonna do our wedding plan this coming dec...
    You could try making contact with the Embassy and requesting an urgent and early appoinment based on the fact that you had been following their advisory re 2 weeks notice time.....
    May or may not work...but worth an e-mail and couple of follow ups.

There is a chance that you can secure the legal requirement Philippines CNI retrospectively
    but I have no experience of this. Best to ask the Embassy for further details of those stated "...some circumstances..."

Also ask the Embassy how to secure a marriage licence without the local CNI.....just so you know.

Here's what the Embassy state:-
    If a wedding ceremony has already taken place in the Philippines, and you did not obtain a local CNI from the Embassy we may, in some circumstances, be able to issue you a CNI, but only three (3) months after the ceremony date, and certificates of no marriage (CENOMARs)1 must be produced for both parties.
    Would be nice if you could provide some feedback on the forum following this course of action.
    Would be very good info for those, like you, who may find themselves 'stuck' timewise due to long waiting period for Embassy appointment.

Thanks sir terpe! I will contact them tommorow ASAP ... It's all rushing now.... Yeah I will post here what is their feedback ...

Thanks sir terpe! I will contact them tommorow ASAP ... It's all rushing now.... Yeah I will post here what is their feedback ...
    Yea, go to it sweetlove

As I said though, I have no idea how it could be done...lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yea, go to it sweetlove

As I said though, I have no idea how it could be done...lets see.

I rang the embassy earlier then I was lucky they gave me a slot for December 2,2013 we are the last couple they going to entertain...

thanks sir terpe for the advice!
    Last edited by sweetlove; 31st October 2013 at 04:36. Reason: wrong type

I rang the embassy earlier then I was lucky they gave me a slot for December 2,2013 we are the last couple they going to entertain...

thanks sir terpe for the advice!
    Do you have the NSO documents ready also? We applied on the 24th October online and they have just arrived today (4th November) Lucky....the appointment for British Embassy is on the 6th. So that is just under 2 weeks for someone living in Visayas.

Furthermore, i have seen cancelled appointments popping up everyday now on the British Embassy booking website. But these are for a 1 or 2 day in advance, good if you are living close by.

its high time they updated this 2 week before visit on their web site, it's misleading

Respected Member
    OH hell to right its misleading i got the CNI in the uk checked with the Embassy and got told no need to worry just book an appointment 2 weeks in advance well here i am 4 weeks in advance thinking lets get on and book the appointment and the earliest is mid january

Respected Member
    at this rate i would have to book the appointment for the CNI before i apply for the CNI

Well folks. Arrived Manila today from Cebu at 7am for a 1030am scheduled appointment. It took over an hour just to get from NAIA T3 to the embassy due to rush hour traffic.
    We arrived 830am and decided to just go in instead of having a quick breakfast down the road. Was a good idea to do such a thing as it was rather quiet inside with only 2 other couples. We ended up getting seen to at 915 and lo and behold a local CNI was provided to us 15minutes later.

So ended up seeing having a stroll around Global City and Taguig area before the afternoon flight back to Cebu. Alot changed since i was there 6 years ago. The jeepneys look almost out of place amongst the new high rises.

Also, bumped into a guy at the gates of the embassy who had said he was only in Phils for a month and was only just getting around to booking an appointment. Since there was such a backlog he tried his luck at the gates. That fell through unfortunately for him but i advised him to check for last minute appointments every day....i'm sure he isn't the only one in such a position.

Well folks. Arrived Manila today from Cebu at 7am for a 1030am scheduled appointment. It took over an hour just to get from NAIA T3 to the embassy due to rush hour traffic.
    We arrived 830am and decided to just go in instead of having a quick breakfast down the road. Was a good idea to do such a thing as it was rather quiet inside with only 2 other couples. We ended up getting seen to at 915 and lo and behold a local CNI was provided to us 15minutes later.

So ended up seeing having a stroll around Global City and Taguig area before the afternoon flight back to Cebu. Alot changed since i was there 6 years ago. The jeepneys look almost out of place amongst the new high rises.

Also, bumped into a guy at the gates of the embassy who had said he was only in Phils for a month and was only just getting around to booking an appointment. Since there was such a backlog he tried his luck at the gates. That fell through unfortunately for him but i advised him to check for last minute appointments every day....i'm sure he isn't the only one in such a position.

Respected Member
    Hi Guys hey sweetlove i would love to know which number you called at the embassy i have been trying for the last 3 weeks and just get that damn answer phone emails from both myself and the British Embassy in London have so far been ignored. All i am trying to do is to speak to a person in consular services. i want to check that when i do get to see them i have all the correct papers , As a divorcee who then married a filipina who subsequently died (six years ago) as far as i can make out i not only need a CNI and a local version but also a Cenomar cert as well. The Embassy in London still seem to think 2 weeks is enough notice for the appointment. what do you lot think reading the rules do i seem to have understood that correctly

Do you have the NSO documents ready also? We applied on the 24th October online and they have just arrived today (4th November) Lucky....the appointment for British Embassy is on the 6th. So that is just under 2 weeks for someone living in Visayas.

Furthermore, i have seen cancelled appointments popping up everyday now on the British Embassy booking website. But these are for a 1 or 2 day in advance, good if you are living close by.

Hello there!

yeah i got nso(my cenomar,birth cert. my fiancee cenomar) i went personally to nso office here in davao and i get it with in 3 days...yes i was checking online as well..but i was lucky that they gave me slot on dec 2....

Quote Originally Posted by dave65 View Post
    Hi Guys hey sweetlove i would love to know which number you called at the embassy i have been trying for the last 3 weeks and just get that damn answer phone emails from both myself and the British Embassy in London have so far been ignored. All i am trying to do is to speak to a person in consular services. i want to check that when i do get to see them i have all the correct papers , As a divorcee who then married a filipina who subsequently died (six years ago) as far as i can make out i not only need a CNI and a local version but also a Cenomar cert as well. The Embassy in London still seem to think 2 weeks is enough notice for the appointment. what do you lot think reading the rules do i seem to have understood that correctly

hi there...

i rang this number 6328582200 last-week and they gave me schedule straight a way...but we are the last couple they will going to entertain... and no prob for that.....

Dave,

You must review this instruction issued by the British Embassy Manila MARRIAGE IN THE PHILIPPINES

It contains all the information you need and should answer all your questions relating to the needed documents.

You'll find all the contact details you need at the upper left hand side:-
    CONSULAR SECTION
    British Embassy Manila
    120 Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Hill, Taguig City 1634
    Tel: +63 2 858 2200 / Fax: +63 2 858 2342
    Email: Cons.Manila@fco.gov.uk / Website: https://www.gov.uk/government/world/philippines
    Clickbook Consular Appointment site: http://britishembassymanila.clickbook.net

Who are you trying to contact in London? There's no British Embassy in London

Let us all know how things progress.

Respected Member
    Will check out the document link you sent to figure out which docs they will want the phone number you gave is the one i have been calling all i get is push 1 for english then 5 for consular services which refers you to the web site The people i called in london issue the english CNI in the first place below is the link to the British Embassy in London The Gent i spoke to asked me to forward the email i sent to Manila so he could contact his opposite number in Manila to see what could be done
    British Embassy in London

british.embassy.uk.com/‎
    Visit the British Embassy web site for British visa guide, British visa application forms, British embassy contact details and phone numbers in UK from here
    Last edited by dave65; 8th November 2013 at 19:05. Reason: typo

Will check out the document link you sent to figure out which docs they will want the phone number you gave is the one i have been calling all i get is push 1 for english then 5 for consular services which refers you to the web site The people i called in london issue the english CNI in the first place below is the link to the British Embassy in London The Gent i spoke to asked me to forward the email i sent to Manila so he could contact his opposite number in Manila to see what could be done
    British Embassy in London

british.embassy.uk.com/‎
    Visit the British Embassy web site for British visa guide, British visa application forms, British embassy contact details and phone numbers in UK from here

I forget which option number it was but the only way to speak to a human being is to select the option for the operator/switchboard. Once there, ask to speak to someone in Consular Services. They tend to take long lunch breaks and are frequently in meetings so keep trying if you can't get through 1st time. As for the actual appointment booking, look daily for last minute cancellations on the booking page. They DO pop up occasionally.

Respected Member
    Thanks chrisincebu that good to know situation has moved on with the storm i have stayed in close contact with my in-laws since my wife died. they are from Tacloban and about 5 mins walk from the Astro dome i just pray they weren't in it, also Sharny my fiancee is in Burauen and of course no contact with either with the situation as it is the wedding will have to be postponed,

Seems like alot of places will not be contactable for a few days yet. Hoping you will hear something soon.

Our wedding is supposed to be in Malapascua in January. It's a bit early of us to ask of the situation with the resort, but they are trying to get back to normal operations next week.

When is your date planned?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information