Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What is sad these days, is that the previous tradition of taking care of your own elderly relatives seems to have been lost. Too many selfish people around.
    it seemed a few years back when the parents was getting old , there was a lot of money to be left to the family , but since that has changed and the house has to be sold to pay for care , well the state can look after the parents too, just my thoughts , no offence ment to any nice people

Congratulations to Tesco’s who have recognised that there IS a problem in the UK and they are doing something about it! Tesco ran an advertisement advising that they will be collecting non-perishable food items for the Food Bank this weekend and matching 30% of the donation. It’s great to see that Tesco is acting as a responsible organisation and helping others in need (just as they did with their bucket collections last month for the Philippines Typhoon Disaster). I am not a fan of Tesco’s but I applaud them for this and would like to see more of the same.

I purposely went to my local store yesterday and bought a carrier bag full of food, as did my partner. My son often visits food banks in a professional capacity and he will be buying a carrier bagful today too.

Before the less charitable start slating the above as an un-needy cause, I would add that I have made 3 sizeable donations to the Philippines Disaster Fund and I have also sent a large food parcel for Christmas to my sponsor child’s family in Smokey Mountain, Tondo. The bulk of my donations have gone to Philippines but I recognise that there are people in this country that do need help too and Every Little Helps!

I did not agree with all your points in your main article, but clearly you are a good un and well done you, you are a caring person so deserve some rep

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    I did not agree with all your points in your main article, but clearly you are a good un and well done you, you are a caring person so deserve some rep
    Thank you so much, Les your rep is very much appreciated.

Just want to say I wasn’t trying to blow my own trumpet, just bringing attention to what’s happening in the UK

But mustn't worry as housing prices are going up and interest rates are low!!
    I`m saying no more... Must remain positive..Stiff upper lip you know!!
    Poverty in England?? Cannot be...

Excellent posts Rosie..
    Keep telling the truth..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information