Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    dedworth, 3 of those do important jobs,

i'd guess you haven't got kids or you teach them your self

what do you think a doctor should be paid, have you any idea how long it takes for someone to become a consultant ? tell me whats the max and minimum number of years it takes and the cost

and as for the police, risking their lives and dealing with all day, how much would you want to be paid before you did that job
    Police salaries HAVE reduced this year and now start at a paltry £19k a year. Like Joe says, is this really a fair sum to be paid for the type of work they have to do? I think not. They also have to contribute 10% of their salary into their pension fund. Furthermore, the pay of many teachers has also been frozen.

We are ALL feeling the pinch, in one way or another.

Deary me

1. Teachers. There used to be an advertisement campaign "you never forget a good teacher". Well you also never forget a bad teacher, and my bog standard comp was full of both. There was the militant cow who liked screaming at kids because no doubt it made her feel all powerful and hard. There was the ex nun who was a self declared anarchist and preferred to talk politics than teach us maths.............then there was the biology teacher who I once discovered as a 6th former locked in the supplies cupboard hiding marking the pupils mock exams - defying his union who had told him not to, because he knew not to do this would damage their chances in the fast approaching real exams.

There was the young left wing history teacher, who despite appearances was a top bloke, who despaired because he could get no backup to discipline the rowdy elements, so resorted to old fashioned male "respect dominance", and if that failed, just gave up.......he couldn't do anything else.

In the 80's as a last resort, teachers could get the headteacher to cane the most disruptive. There was an organisation called STOPP - teachers against corporal punishment. After their conferences they all went back to their private schools, their village primary schools, and their "good" comprehensives in leafy middle class suburbs...........leaving teachers in the sharp end schools to despair.

Don't make the mistake of thinking teachers have it easy. So much teaching now is more like riot control, as they've had nearly every sanction taken off them. Many qualify as teachers - many leave thinking "sod this"

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1958 View Post
    Police salaries HAVE reduced this year and now start at a paltry £19k a year. Like Joe says, is this really a fair sum to be paid for the type of work they have to do? I think not. They also have to contribute 10% of their salary into their pension fund. Furthermore, the pay of many teachers has also been frozen.

We are ALL feeling the pinch, in one way or another.
    And what about our armed forces? My daughter is on 18k and having her pension reduced and some of her regiment will be out of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    There are 2.52 million unemployed, how many of those are actually looking for work is unknown, but there are 503,000 job vacancies according to the latest statistics. The highest since 2008

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/la...mployment.html
    so tell me, its not possible for everyone to get a job
    if every job vacancy could be filled there would still be 2million unemployed

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

correct.

Hang on a second, you asked a question and I answered it. Did you ask me to justify it
    If you don't like the answer then ask a different question

Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    In the 80's as a last resort, teachers could get the headteacher to cane the most disruptive. There was an organisation called STOPP - teachers against corporal punishment. After their conferences they all went back to their private schools, their village primary schools, and their "good" comprehensives in leafy middle class suburbs...........leaving teachers in the sharp end schools to despair.
    i remember kids who laughed at getting the cane or slipper, what kind of society and example does it set beating kids in school, much more effective was detention
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

And that dont take into account Deds mates the romanians and bulgarians coming into the country.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    correct.

Hey JLS is back Maybe you can tell me when was there ever more jobs than unemployed
    This should be good

Hang on a second, you asked a question and I answered it. Did you ask me to justify it
    If you don't like the answer then ask a different question

I think the 503,000 job vacancies are the ones on the European website for our new friends arriving in January.

Thats not enough Mark.

Hey JLS is back Maybe you can tell me when was there ever more jobs than unemployed
    This should be good
    Im not stupid enough to quote government figures.

This should be good
    go on you tell me master of stats , bullingdon boys have been in power 3 1/2yrs or under thatcher 12yrs in office or major ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    I think the 503,000 job vacancies are the ones on the European website for our new friends arriving in January.
    how many of these 'jobs' are part time SimonH? tell me could you afford to live on a part time wage

how many of these 'jobs' are part time SimonH? tell me could you afford to live on a part time wage
    How many are part time?.........I don't know
    Could I afford to live on a part time wage?.......... depends what the hourly rate is

Next

go on you tell me master of stats , bullingdon boys have been in power 3 1/2yrs or under thatcher 12yrs in office or major ?

Sorry Joe, can you rephrase you question so I can understand it please

Sorry Joe, can you rephrase you question so I can understand it please
    was there more job vacancies than unemployed people under thatcher or Cameron?
    do you understand now

was there more job vacancies than unemployed people under thatcher or Cameron?
    do you understand now

Perfectly, thank you Now it's written in a sentence forming a question rather than gobble-de-gook.
    If you'd care to look at my original question, I asked if there was EVER a time that there were more jobs than unemployed, I didn't make any reference to who was in power at the time

As you were

Defending my partner he asked a straightforward question and you did not answer it completely.. This site has got to be the best on the internet for entertainment and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Defending my partner he asked a straightforward question and you did not answer it completely.. This site has got to be the best on the internet for entertainment and advice.
    Tooche Sir
    But, with all due respect to you and your partner the straightforward question asked was in reference to my question to you, which was not interpreted correctly. I therefore pointed your partner back to my original question rather rather answer an incorrect one

P.s. no charge........... this time

Perfectly, thank you Now it's written in a sentence forming a question rather than gobble-de-gook.
    If you'd care to look at my original question, I asked if there was EVER a time that there were more jobs than unemployed, I didn't make any reference to who was in power at the time

As you were
    i said i didn't know, i thought as you had asked the question you would know the answer, looks like you don't

Completely means all the answer my friend and I would expect you to provide who was in power at that time with your amount of knowledge.

i said i didn't know, i thought as you had asked the question you would know the answer, looks like you don't
    Time for me to go to spec savers as I still can't see where you said you didn't know. I'm not trying to trip you up with asking a question that I know the answer to, looks like neither of us know the answer
    Maybe there isn't one

Banned
    Then get a full time job then. ..If there isn't one near you, move to where there is one. ...All the qualifications in the world is not going to help you if you are basically idl, lack gumption and motivation. This is what Margaret Thatcher rewarded. ..folks who got off their lazy backsides and got stuck in

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Then get a full time job then. ..If there isn't one near you, move to where there is one. ...All the qualifications in the world is not going to help you if you are basically idl, lack gumption and motivation. This is what Margaret Thatcher rewarded. ..folks who got off their lazy backsides and got stuck in
    did you read the thread
    2.5 million unemployed, 500,000 jobs
    never mind part time, they would have to be quarter time for 2.5m to do .5m jobs

Time for me to go to spec savers as I still can't see where you said you didn't know. I'm not trying to trip you up with asking a question that I know the answer to, looks like neither of us know the answer
    Maybe there isn't one
    if i knew i would have posted it in the quote above , it seems you have no idea about the answer to the question you asked

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    This is what Margaret Thatcher rewarded. ..folks who got off their lazy backsides and got stuck in
    thatcher rewarded people with record levels of unemployment, now that's one way of getting people off their backsides

if i knew i would have posted it in the quote above , it seems you have no idea about the answer to the question you asked
    This quote?

Again, my apologies, but no matter no many times I read it, it just doesn't make sense Can you please write the question out again in English?

No, I don't know the answer to the question I asked, or I wouldn't have asked a question, I'd have made a statement

Maybe it's me

Banned
    The Grangemouth Workers should leave the Unite Union - Communist McCluskey doesn't represent them he only pursues his own extremist agenda

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information