Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plonker View Post
    One last suggestion, depending how close your inlaws are with their son, maybe they can transfer X amount say £8k to your husbands account (assuming he still has a UK bank account) wait a couple of months, apply again. Then when you get to UK transfer the money back. If immigration asks where the money has come from, say the truth from my inlaws. Then they'd have no objections to it, as it's impossible to magic £8k out of thin air. Which shows your intentions are for real. But your parents inlaw must show a bank statement that money went out and your husbands statement must show it was received, the transaction numbers must match up.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Juvee hasn't said that her in laws are her sponsor. ....Therefore the application will have to show they have the financial means to support herself in the UK. .too many cooks getting involved here with ideas they haven't tried themselves. ..This could cause great cost and distress to Juvee and Andrew.
    if they are not sponsoring her , why did she send these documents then

Quote Originally Posted by anvee View Post
    I have submitted these together with my 3 page cover letter explaining important details!

Parents-in-law’s Documents:
    - Passports Copies
    - Invitation Letter
    - Bank Statement
    - Title Deed (to prove their ownership of my accommodation)
    - Utility Bill
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    I've absolutely no idea why. .because she claims she's being supported by her unemployed husband. ..I suggest you read post 2 again. ..There was no mention of her in laws which makes me suspect they are not the sponsors. ...All who was mentioned was husband and Juvee. ...she'll be about soon Joe. ..you'll be able to ask her

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    On Juvee's post #18, she already mentioned that she submitted her parents-in-law's bank statements along with the other documents. But Juvee needs to show evidences that she'll go back to the Philippines and won't overstay. The ECO wasn't convinced that she will return to the Philippines.

When my uncle applied for a family visit visa early last year to attend our wedding in the UK, Keith and I didn't provide any bank statements. In the application, we provided a letter of sponsorship to accommodate him and shoulder the cost of food/lodging/transpo. We just provided photos of the house & room that he'll be using, my visa details and copies of our passports. My uncle showed his bank statements, his business papers and properties. He also stated that he'll shoulder the flight costs. After 2 weeks, his visa was granted. (Although he wasn't able to go to UK for our wedding because of family emergency that time).
    Yes, I showed bank statements and I said I will shoulder my plane ticket through my P100,000 from my savings when I used to work as a virtual assistant as well from what my husband gave to me during the course of our relationship.

I said to my application form that my sponsors were my husband & my parents-in-law. I even mentioned my parents-in-law in section "who will pay for everything if you cant pay for yourself" (something like that) section in the application form, so they should consider their documents as much as they considered Andrew's. I think they're not just convinced that I will come back to the Philippines because of small properties that we have (we're newly-weds, we can't afford the house & lot somewhere even if we want).

Juvee hasn't said that her in laws are her sponsor. ....Therefore the application will have to show they have the financial means to support herself in the UK. .too many cooks getting involved here with ideas they haven't tried themselves. ..This could cause great cost and distress to Juvee and Andrew.

Yes, authorities made a mistake by saying settlement instead of visit visa blah blah blah but, applicant still has to show she can stand up while in UK. ....We don't actually know what and how the application was filled out. ...
    My in laws are ONE of the sponsors ie Andrew AND them. I filled up my application with "my husband & my parents-in-law" especially in the financial capability section of the application form.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    They were sponsoring me, based on the application form, cover letters, invitation letter and letter of support from my husband.

I put in the application form that they will be the one for my accommodation & food, whilst I'll do my plane ticket with my P100,000 savings and then my lil petty cash as well. my husband will have £4k to be able to support us for misc expenses as well as he mentioned he will work part-time whilst in the UK to be able to shoulder some other expenses we might have.

I've absolutely no idea why. .because she claims she's being supported by her unemployed husband. ..I suggest you read post 2 again. ..There was no mention of her in laws which makes me suspect they are not the sponsors. ...All who was mentioned was husband and Juvee. ...she'll be about soon Joe. ..you'll be able to ask her
    I only put my "husband" as the one supporting me on monthly basis because I said that my income was "N/A" because I am a fulltime housewife. (this is on the financial section about income as such).

But for the trip to UK (who will sponsor you) this is where my parents-in-law come in. I will post screenshot of my application form so you guys will know what I am talking about. Haha

It says there #47. "You stated that you are supported by a spouse/family member.. please give details: Supported by my spouse - Andrew ..."

Then

#60: "Who will pay for your travel in the UK?": Myself (based from P100,000 cash savings I got which I answered at #63: "What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the UK?" : Plane Ticket & Pocket Money from P100,000 savings.

#61: "Who will pay for your expenses such as accommodation & food? : Spouse and my Parents-in-law"

So based on this form alone, my husband & my parents in law are technically my sponsors.. that's why they submitted their documents such as bank statements, invitation letter, and utility bills to prove that they can host me.

Banned
    Oh Juvee. ...I really hope it works out for you all. ...you are right. .definitely says that your in law's are sponsoring you. ..although form is different to what I filled out. .mine was consisting of numerous pages and pages.

Fingers crossed over here for you

Thank you gwapito! Thats why we emailed them asking for explanations including why my parents-in-law's documents were not even mentioned or if they even considered it in first place as they werent mentioned in the refusal letter!

They make some crazy decisions at times. You have to look at the case workers as though they are kids and explain everything as simple as you can. Just keep at it and ask them what further evidence they want from you.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    They make some crazy decisions at times. You have to look at the case workers as though they are kids and explain everything as simple as you can. Just keep at it and ask them what further evidence they want from you.
    will do. thank you very much.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    Spot-on.

Personally I wouldn't have put the husband in as a co-sponsor either...only complicates the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Spot-on.

Personally I wouldn't have put the husband in as a co-sponsor either...only complicates the issue.
    Yeah, maybe when we re-apply next time.. best not to tell them everything just what they want to see hahaha.

Trusted Member
    Yeah, maybe when we re-apply next time.. best not to tell them everything just what they want to see hahaha.
    EXACTLY....and first think about WHAT that is.

EXACTLY....and first think about WHAT that is.
    Thank you graham. You guys in this forum have been really helpful.

Spot-on.

I agree.
    Might have been a significant contributor to refusal

That's a very good idea

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    You've probably given too much information Juvee!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I agree.
    Might have been a significant contributor to refusal
    Which is what I suggested in the first place. ...only the ones with means should of been sponsoring. ..perhaps mention of husband clouded the issue. ....These ECOs are not investigators. ..They act on the answers to the questions. ..

First time applicant here, so lesson learned.

Banned
    First time applicant here, so lesson learned.
    Don't take it to heart Juvee ...you are not the first this has happened to and you won't be the last. ...chin up

Don't take it to heart Juvee ...you are not the first this has happened to and you won't be the last. ...chin up
    Yes, thank you again. I guess time for plan B - Going to Cyprus! haha

Banned
    Yes, thank you again. I guess time for plan B - Going to Cyprus! haha
    Lovely ...climate much better than the UK. ...We took our annual family holidays there 8 years on the trot from 1990...many happy memories

Respected Member
    Hi Anvee
    Sorry for the bother but while reading your posts I have seen that you have written and get a reply from the ECM.
    PLEASE CAN YOU GIVE ME AN INFORMATION ABOUT WHO YOU WRITE THE EMAIL TO?

Quote Originally Posted by jhen1230 View Post
    Hi Anvee
    Sorry for the bother but while reading your posts I have seen that you have written and get a reply from the ECM.
    PLEASE CAN YOU GIVE ME AN INFORMATION ABOUT WHO YOU WRITE THE EMAIL TO?
    Hello jhen, welcome here to Filipino UK

There's a number of ECM's at Manila Hub.
    Unless you have a specific name you may just address your communication to 'The ECM'
    Or to one of the other managers.
    See post #12 for address, e-mail and telephone details

Hope that helps.

Respected Member
    thank you anvee for the reply.we did email the vfs today and enquire.my husband said that we should give them a chance to explain what is going on before we write to the ECM OR ANY UKVI OFFICERS.
    Again;Thank you for your kind reply.It is well appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jhen1230 View Post
    thank you anvee for the reply.we did email the vfs today and enquire.my husband said that we should give them a chance to explain what is going on before we write to the ECM OR ANY UKVI OFFICERS.
    Again;Thank you for your kind reply.It is well appreciated
    Depends why you believe you should contact the ECM.
    Did you have a visa refusal?

I would not recommend contacting VFS as they are not immigration advisors by any means. They often get things completely wrong. Just be aware.

Respected Member Jentobeharrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Anvee,

I wasn't doubting the documentation you and your sponsors submitted.
    It's not simply the document itself but importantly what the document states and how the ECO views that in the overall picture of the application.

The reasons given by the ECO can be countered in a subsequent application.
    He is driven to refusal by his belief that, in his opinion, your intentions are unclear and he is not convinced that you have sufficient reasons to return.

In principle it would be pointless to appeal.

One option you have is to write to the ECM (Entry Clearance Manager) outlining that you have the opinion that the ECO made an error and failed to review the supporting documents you included in your application. You should clearly request the ECM to reconsider your application.
    Also point out that many of those key supporting documents have not been returned and you hope that they were not lost or mislaid during the visa review process leading to the decision to refuse.

There's no guarantee it will work but it's has worked many time in the past.
    I'd also suggest writing regular follow ups to the ECM as well as ALL the following:-

Regional Operations Manager
    NE Asia/Australasia - International Operations and Visas
    UK Border Agency
    British Embassy
    120 Upper McKinley Road
    Taguig City 1634
    Metro Manila
    Philippines

Tel: +63 (0)2 858 2235
    FTN: 8411 2235
    Mobile: +63 (0)917 556 8120
    Web: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

Appeals and Correspondence Manager, Manila Visa Hub
    NE Asia/Australasia - International Operations and Visas
    UK Border Agency
    British Embassy
    120 Upper McKinley Road
    McKinley Hill
    Taguig City 1634
    Metro Manila, Philippines

Fax: +63 2 8582305
    Email: manilvisaenquiries@fco.gov.uk
    Web: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

Trevor Lewis - Deputy Head of Mission
    British Embassy Manila
    120 Upper McKinley Road
    McKinley Hill
    Taguig City 1634

Asif Ahmad - British Ambassador to the Philippines
    British Embassy Manila
    120 Upper McKinley Road
    McKinley Hill
    Taguig City 1634

You'll need to do this pretty quickly

Also, please do review the refusal and put together another application that can be submitted at a later date depending on responses from the Embassy.
    Hi Terpe,

Are these contacts can help my situation?

(Just wondering)

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    I would suggest you to send them an email (Sir Peter provided the infos already) explaining that they might have misunderstood your application from a visit visa to settlement, another point that you have got to address that both of you havent got any intention to stay in the UK permanently since your husband is settled and happy in the philippines. By pointing to them that you have properties in the Philippines and providing invitation letter form your in-laws might help prove that you have no intention to stay permannently in the UK and only coming to visit and will return to the Philippines on or before the visa expires.

All you can do is point to them that you have provided documents that would cover all the reasons they said on the refusal letter. Ask or request for a review of your application and if possible you can address that you want your money back for your visa re-application. Appeal will take donkeys years so better to re-apply.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information