Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystica View Post
    Sec 2. . .DECLARATION OF POLICY - It is hereby declared the policy of the State that all Philippine citizens who become citizens of another country shall be deemed not to have lost their Philippine citizenship under the conditions of this Act.

Under the condition of this Act is referring to the section 3!

It's okay! if you think you are giving a good advice good luck!

My father is retired government staff and my Auntie works with immigration so if there are any law that are not obvious for people which is the reason they are searching for answers here! Good luck!
    As written, the conditions of the act under section 3 related to those who
    ...have lost their Philippine citizenship by reason of their naturalization as citizens of a foreign country....

The question is does the UK Oath cause the Philippine Citizen to lose their citizenship.

With some countries, like USA, it clearly does and there's no argument about that.
    However does the wording of the UK oath cause loss of citizenship.

The Philippine Government has never offered clarity.

Actually, I think I'll have lay down too..... better still I'll go out for a sauna and swim.

BTW I'm also retired government staff .....

Banned
    ......Don't mind me..I'm all ears

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    There is no magical device/method that can remotely cancel/revoke/deactivate a passport

When a passport is inspected or even scanned it can only verify identity.
    It does not indicate whether you are a bad person or a wanted person or travelling illegally either now or in your past.

Those kinds of details would need to be on a 'watch list' or 'alert list'.
    These 'lists' may be national or international and would be relating to terrorist activity, deportation orders, current criminal investigations etc

That's about the only stuff immigration officials can see that relate to your passport. Identity authentication.

Maybe you didn't have the correct/valid visa?
    If your passport was invalid how could Saudi authorities allow you then to travel back to UK on an invalid and deactivated passport?

How could you re-enter UK on a deactivated Philippine passport without any questioning ?
    Excuse me! I still have my ILR stamped on my passport proving I am resident of UK and has my Citizenship paper with me and they know I came from UK as my fort of destination, therefore I ended up travelling airport to airport! My passport was deactivated but still need an official cancelation from the Philippine Embassy which they made holes and stamped it with CANCELLED!

And FYI! it's my experience I am sharing not yours! I am safe now thanks God for that! I now used my British passport several times without any issues!

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    Right here we go, Ems has hers so do we apply for the passport straight away or wait till after Xmas, now if we can go to the Phil's for a holiday over Xmas am I right in thinking , we use Ems Phil's passport and when we land back here we just show the ILr card and all is well, Ems thinks now she is British the card is not valid anymore so whey will not let her into the country again
    Hi Steve!!...Emma can still use her Philippine passport and BRP (biometric residence permit) upon entering the UK as long as it is still valid and not out of date.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    When you said government staff, which organisation and department? My father is retired Chief Security of Ombudsman and one of my Auntie is with Department of Foreign Affairs. Sometimes when people says they work with the government they could be easily working as Baranggay or traffic department which is not related to immigration issues!

There's no time scale if you want to be a dual citizen or not! but the original inquiry he made here is if his wife can travel using Philippine passport after taking the oath. In order to have dual Citizenship she also has to take an oath at the Philippine Embassy.

CITIZENSHIP RETENTION AND RE-ACQUISITION

“REPUBLIC ACT NO. 9225”

Sec 1. SHORT TITLE — This Act shall be known as the "Citizenship Retention and Re-acquisition Act of 2003."

Sec 2. DECLARATION OF POLICY - It is hereby declared the policy of the State that all Philippine citizens who become citizens of another country shall be deemed not to have lost their Philippine citizenship under the conditions of this Act.

Sec 3. RETENTION OF PHILIPPINE CITIZENSHIP - Any provision of law to the contrary notwithstanding, natural-born citizens of the Philippines who have lost their Philippine citizenship by reason of their naturalization as citizens of a foreign country are hereby deemed to have re-acquired Philippine citizenship upon taking the following oath of allegiance to the Republic:

"I _________________, solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines and obey the laws and legal orders promulgated by the duly constituted authorities of the Philippines, and I hereby declare that I recognize and accept the supreme authority of the Philippines and will maintain true faith and allegiance thereto; and that I impose this obligation upon myself voluntarily without mental reservation or purpose of evasion."

Natural-born citizens of the Philippines who, after the effectivity of this Act, become citizens of a foreign country shall retain their Philippine citizenship upon taking the aforesaid oath.

Sec 4. DERIVATIVE CITIZENSHIP - The unmarried child, whether legitimate, illegitimate or adopted, below eighteen (18) years of age, of those who re-acquire Philippine citizenship upon effectivity of this Act shall be deemed citizens of the Philippines.

Sec 5. CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES - Those who retain or re-acquire Philippine citizenship under this Act shall enjoy full civil and political rights and be subject to all attendant liabilities and responsibilities under existing laws of the Philippines and the following conditions:

Those intending to exercise their right of suffrage must meet the requirements under Sec. 1, Article V of the Constitution, Republic Act No. 9189, otherwise known as "The Overseas Absentee Voting Act of 2003" and other existing laws;
    Those seeking elective public office in the Philippines shall meet the qualifications for holding such public office as required by the Constitution and existing laws and, at the time of the filing of the certificate of candidacy, make a personal and sworn renunciation of any and all foreign citizenship before any public officer authorized to administer an oath;
    Those appointed to any public office shall subscribe and swear to an oath of allegiance to the Republic of the Philippines and its duly constituted authorities prior to their assumption of office: provided, that they renounce their oath of allegiance to the country where they took that oath;
    Those intending to practice their profession in the Philippines shall apply with the proper authority for a license or permit to engage in such practice; and
    That right to vote or be elected or appointed to any public office in the Philippines cannot be exercised by, or extended to, those who:
    (a) are candidates for or are occupying any public office in the country of which they are naturalized citizens; and/or

(b) are in active service as commissioned or non-commissioned officers in the armed forces of the country which they are naturalized citizens.

Sec 6. SEPARABILITY CLAUSE - If any Sec. or provision of this Act is held unconstitutional or invalid, any other Sec. or provision not affected thereby shall remain valid and effective.

Sec 7. REPEALING CLAUSE - All laws, decrees, orders, rules and regulations inconsistent with the provisions of this Act are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.

Sec 8. EFFECTIVITY CLAUSE - This Act shall take effect after fifteen (15) days following its publication in the Official Gazette or two (2) newspapers of general circulation.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?...=163&Itemid=83

there is also NO time scale for a british citizen to have a british passport!!
    if i dont want to apply for a british passport straight away after my oath, nobody can force me!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    This womens work isn't easy you know

Btw..I forgot these !!!!!!! They seem to be the flavour of this thread

Banned
    What I want to know is....who's doing all the If I were the husband I would be asking that same questions

Quote Originally Posted by mystica View Post
    when you said government staff, which organisation and department? My father is retired chief security of ombudsman and one of my auntie is with department of foreign affairs. Sometimes when people says they work with the government they could be easily working as baranggay or traffic department which is not related to immigration issues! :blacklistnonono:
    ukba

Banned
    ukba
    Well then! you may know the rules in UK but the issue here is the Philippine passport, Philippine Embassy and their rules! End the story!

Banned
    So....., mada anata wa Igirisu no seifu shokuin to ..... hataraku to dōjini, kako 20-nenkan Nihon ni sunde iru to shuchō suru?

Banned
    So....., mada anata wa Igirisu no seifu shokuin to ..... hataraku to dōjini, kako 20-nenkan Nihon ni sunde iru to shuchō suru?
    My Google translate struggled with that one

Banned
    Of course it would! because google can only translate Japanese writing!

Banned
    Subete no watashi no kami no sakuhin ga gōhōdearunode, watashi mo, anata wa UKBA kara sagyō ..... iru osoreru koto wa nanimonai!

Subete no watashi no kami no sakuhin ga gōhōdearunode, watashi mo, anata wa UKBA kara sagyō ..... iru osoreru koto wa nanimonai!
    Please use only English in the forum....

Banned
    Of course it would! because google can only translate Japanese writing!
    oOps Their was me thinking that the Filipino lingo on google was based on Tag but, according to Mystica, it's Japanese ..I'm learning something everyday here

Anyway...I got household chores to complete..no fairies in my house to do it

Well then! you may know the rules in UK but the issue here is the Philippine passport, Philippine Embassy and their rules! End the story!
    It is.
    You have posted some misleading and inaccurate advice but I have no further wish to continue an endless stream of posts.

Banned
    Please use only English in the forum....
    Anata wa sore o rikai suru koto ga dekiru hazu!Tetsudō gijutsu-sha to ..... 20-nen no tame ni anata ga Yokohama ni motodzuite iru to shuchō shi, mada UKBA to renkei shita?

Banned
    It is.
    You have posted some misleading and inaccurate advice but I have no further wish to continue an endless stream of posts.

Banned
    I rest my case! I'm off for a walk!

Sayōnara!

My cousin flew to america after his oath to the queen using his philippine passport and never he encountered any problem whatsoever.

Banned

Sayōnara!
    the walk..how about the housework

thanks all for responding and thanks for the fun too

Sayōnara!
    I would very kindly request and advise you NOT to get into any personal reaction with me. Keep to the rules. Create useful threads and feel free to comment on the subject of postings but do be careful to refrain from making any such personal statements/comments about me any other member.

You have no 'case' and no reason to behave in such a petulant manner.
    Did you never hear of folks who leave a career in one country to start a new one in another.
    I do not expect you to continue with your puerile personal comments. Period.

This is filipinouk forum not japanese....dont try to confuse the member here nor try to impress that u can speak japanese...we are not interested. Period! Most of british member here are all credible with the information they provide.

Banned
    I would very kindly request and advise you NOT to get into any personal reaction with me. Keep to the rules. Create useful threads and feel free to comment on the subject of postings but do be careful to refrain from making any such personal statements/comments about me any other member.

You have no 'case' and no reason to behave in such a petulant manner.
    Did you never hear of folks who leave a career in one country to start a new one in another.
    I do not expect you to continue with your puerile personal comments. Period.
    EXCUSE ME MR. TORPE MODERATOR I AM JUST POINTING OUT YOUR CLAIMS TO BE WORKING WITH UKBA AND THE SAME TIME AS AN ENGINEER BASED ON YOUR PROFILE AND HAVE BEEN IN JAPAN FOR 20 YEARS! BY NOW YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO RESPOND TO JAPANESE CONSIDERING ITS NOT IN JAPANASE WRITING!!!

YOU ARE SAYING NOT TO TAKE YOU PERSONALLY BUT YOU KEPT GIVING ME BAD REPUTATION POINTS! WHAT HAVE YOU GOT AGAINST ME?

Anata wa tawagoto o kuso!

DEAR ADMINISTRATOR KINDLY MY ACCOUNT!!! I ONLY WISH TO CONTRIBUTE WHAT I KNOW BUT DO NOT WISH TO BE BULLIED BY YOUR MODERATOR!!!
    THANK YOU!!!

I AM TOTALLY OUT OF THIS FORUM!!!

I AM BANNING MYSELF!!!

..Anata wa tawagoto o kuso!
    I asked you kindly not to continue in that way.
    I don't believe anyone here would accept such disgusting insulting nonsense that you have cast at me,
    despite using Japanese language
    In case you read this, and for the record, please be informed that I most certainly did not keep giving you bad reputation.

Any bad reputation you may have (rightly or otherwise), either here or elsewhere on internet forums, is solely down to your own reactions, the way you treat friends and your use of low-level insulting language.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    You are not being bullied Mystica. You just can't take the fact that other people here are not supporting what you said based on their knowledge. With your attitude, I'm sure even other forums won't be accepting you. You've left the other forum (or were banned? I don't know) where most of the members there were banned from here. That says a lot about it. If they didn't like you there, (the people that this forum didn't like), what would be the reason this forum would like you either? Change your attitude and members here might give you another chance.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    I have to quickly say hello to all you guys on this forum as I just joined this second. I just 'found' you,...and I am so so glad I read this thread !!!! If I can be excused I will skip the intro and get right to the point of this topic.
    Firstly , I am in desperate need of this info about my wife travelling on her Filipino passport,..you see, she just got her UK citizenship 4 days ago, taking the oathe and receiving her certificate. Problem is , we have already booked our annual holiday to Cebu for a 3 month break , and we travel in the next 3 weeks ! My wife doesn't have time to apply for a UK passport, and as I read on another forum (from Mystica ) I was informed by her about her experiences. Now I dont want to dismiss her views,...but if what has been said on here is true,...well I'll be skipping around our living room if she doesn't need to travel all the way to London to the Phils embassy to re-take her oath AND ask them if she can use her old passport to travel out for our holidays ??!!..
    I had visions of us being stopped at the UK airport and refused travel once they had scanned her Filipino passport !!!. Hopefully the customs and immigration in Cebu will not challenge her either.
    Please folks,....dont givew upon this thread,..it is so interesting to me at this stage,...

Jonny (new member)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    You are not being bullied Mystica. You just can't take the fact that other people here are not supporting what you said based on their knowledge. With your attitude, I'm sure even other forums won't be accepting you. You've left the other forum (or were banned? I don't know) where most of the members there were banned from here. That says a lot about it. If they didn't like you there, (the people that this forum didn't like), what would be the reason this forum would like you either? Change your attitude and members here might give you another chance.

Absolutely, Rayna

Please accept a well deserved rep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information