Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

anyone recently applied for British citizenship?

Hi guys,

anyone here recently applied for british citizenship?

I did read the forms and guidelines but I'm still panicking and need advice

On what I need to do and what I need to submit etc etc, pls pls share your experience

Thanks guys , much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers0608 View Post
    Hi guys,

anyone here recently applied for british citizenship?

I did read the forms and guidelines but I'm still panicking and need advice

On what I need to do and what I need to submit etc etc, pls pls share your experience

Thanks guys , much appreciated
    Hi there

There's been quite a few members recently who have applied for citizenship and attended their ceremonies.

Generally speaking the Form AN is fairly straightforward to complete.

I think most folks would highly recommend application via the Nationality Checking service.

Do you have any specific issue or question?

BTW, be reminded that from 28 October 2013 all applicants need to show English Language at Level B1
    This is additional to the usual Life in UK test.

Click here for the Form AN

Click here for the Form AN Guide

Click here for the 28 October rule changes

Try a search and you'll surely come up with all the latest postings

Thanks so much Terpe, I will check on the links and the threads here

hi there we have just done ours so call out what you are wanting,

Hi what did you guys submit and have you heard from them? thanks so much

Respected Member
    Hi ,..My wife got hers only last month,...it was straight forward really and no need to worry. We just downloaded the forum mentioned above.
    We just sent off her old Passports, marriage certificate and some household bills in her name and mine. I think we sent too many, but we got them all back. We never used the checking service and they were back with us in 40 days approx. We were lucky when it came to the oath ceremony as they seem to have them every month or so but when I phoned up for an appointment the registrar said she was doing a private ceremony for someone that evening and she would ask them if we wanted to share the £50 cost with us. We went along that evening and was straight forward. It's a free ceremony if you join in with the others at the designated times, but there's a fee if you want it sooner or a private one. Scotland was £50..
    Jonny

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyivy View Post
    Hi ,..My wife got hers only last month,...it was straight forward really and no need to worry. We just downloaded the forum mentioned above.
    We just sent off her old Passports, marriage certificate and some household bills in her name and mine. I think we sent too many, but we got them all back. We never used the checking service and they were back with us in 40 days approx. We were lucky when it came to the oath ceremony as they seem to have them every month or so but when I phoned up for an appointment the registrar said she was doing a private ceremony for someone that evening and she would ask them if we wanted to share the £50 cost with us. We went along that evening and was straight forward. It's a free ceremony if you join in with the others at the designated times, but there's a fee if you want it sooner or a private one. Scotland was £50..
    Jonny
    Nice John!

Jonny

A British passport brings many benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    A British passport brings many benefits.
    indeed it does, new coat, and new boots so far

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post

Very good Steve ......a real cracker that tickled me no end
    I feel for you mate

Jonny
    Thanks so much for the info and congrats

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers0608 View Post
    I hope so
    Did you have a chance to review the application form ?

It's one of the simplest forms to complete and gives good details of all the documents you need to submit.
    If you have the budget I suggest you take advantage of your local Nationality Checking Service. They will go through all the questions on the form and review all your answers and supporting documents to help you.

Have a read through the application form and post here any specific questions you need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Did you have a chance to review the application form ?

It's one of the simplest forms to complete and gives good details of all the documents you need to submit.
    If you have the budget I suggest you take advantage of your local Nationality Checking Service. They will go through all the questions on the form and review all your answers and supporting documents to help you.

Have a read through the application form and post here any specific questions you need help with.
    thanks so much, I submitted it already because I was rushing so bad not to get the new rules by Oct 28th.

btw how long do I have to wait before they take the money from the account? It arrived there at the home office like 21st of Oct. by I haven't hear from them or they haven't take my money too :( do I need to call them or wait for more weeks on Monday it will be on its 3rd week.

I'm just so worried :(

Thread Information