Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

What made you want to date or marry a Filipina ?

I thought I would start this thread for fun

This is a fantastic forum and I am so glad I found it. I didn't realise how many guys like me had gone out to seek love from a Filipina.

I just wondered what it was for you guys that drew you like me to go on this route.

For me, as a nurse I work with many Filipinos and I got to know them well. I noticed how content they were. How hard they worked and how much they worked at their marriages. I found the female kind extremely beautiful and found myself becoming attracted to them.

Sadly all the women I work with are married so I decided to join some dating sites. After talking to many girls who sadly tried to scam me, I found Sheina. It's funny because I met her on date in Asia which is free and I had no luck on the paid sites. Anyway as you all know we met and I'm going back in January..

It would be interesting to hear of your experiences.....

Trusted Member
    I've always preferred Oriental or brown-skinned girls.

They just turn me on.

So, I originally joined a Filipina-specific dating site way back in 1986, after it was suggested to me by a friend. I dabbled with it for a short while before returning to a long-term relationship that I'd already been involved in back here.

I then renewed my interest in the Phils in 1990, and took myself off there later that year (July 16th), to meet up with a few ladies I'd been communicating with through the same dating site (by post...4 weeks between letters ).

Thus began my downfall and eventual poverty.

I got fed up with British women basically so finding a Filipina was my aim as they came highly recommended.

Respected Member
    I spent a year in the Philippines when I was younger and I just loved it! I also developed a liking for asian and darker skinned ladies.

Several years later, when I decided to "settle down", I met my lovely filipina wife here in England, where she was working as a nurse.

many years ago, i used to use a chat program called ICQ, and chatted to people from all around the world, i used to chat to a filipina about random stuff, by chance she left the pc logged in while her sister was using it, i thought it was her sister and sent a few msgs, and we got chatting, a few years and 1000s of hours of chat later we ended up getting married
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    I used to use ICQ too...way before Yahoo Messenger etc (on my 1.6GB H/drive, 32mb RAM pc ).

I wasn't particularly looking for a Filipino, but have always preferred women from other countries as 99% of the English women I know put me off English women!
    Luckily for me I got talking to a Filipino and just over a year later we are getting married in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I used to use ICQ too...way before Yahoo Messenger etc (on my 1.6GB H/drive, 32mb RAM pc ).
    it' still going, first came out in nov 1996
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

its that long shiny silky hair that does it for plus ,she fetches my remote ,and the beer,and washes me, and cooks ma lovely dinner ,the list goes on what more could a man want hahahahah I just love her to bits and she has turned me into a lazy sod coz I used to do all those things myself lol

Trusted Member
    Hahaha. You bad lazy man.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Myself have always liked asian girls, I don"t know what is is but they have this mystery about them.

I met my current wife after going on a asian dating website back in Nov 2011 but before her I was talking to a Thai girl who I really liked but the mention of a $20, 000 dowry put me off thats before we even had a chance to meet only known each other for 3 weeks.

Then my wife sent me a interested icon on my profile and after a while of knowing each other I just knew I couldn't let her go, after all she worked up to 16 hours a day then went home, ran down the road in the pouring rain to the nearest internet cafe and talked to me for a further 4 hours

Yes we have had our ups and downs but underneath I know she is a real gem...

I wasn't looking for a any relationship at all. Just happened.

That, in the words of Graham
    ..began my downfall and eventual poverty.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    99% of the English women I know put me off English women!
    Seconded & I was also attracted to oriental girls - Mrs D's a Nurse who'd been working here for 4 years when we met

I wasn't looking for a Filipina just happened to meet her and she seemed to be able to put up with me...as that was a first I thought I had better stick around and now she cant get rid of me
    Yes, I can spell, Just can't tpye

It was fate for me. A trip down the local hairdressers and 1 (female hairdresser) suggested the philipinnes for a holiday.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    its that long shiny silky hair that does it for plus ,she fetches my remote ,and the beer,and washes me, and cooks ma lovely dinner ,the list goes on what more could a man want

Seems a lot of you weren't even looking for a Filipina. You guys certainly dodged a potential bullet with the dating sites then.

Myrna & I met online through a site called 'Dating Direct'; we corresponded almost daily for a whole year ... durng the course of which, each of us learned the other was a Christian and we'd BOTH been widowed.

Trusted Member
    My Mrs and I met through 'Date In Asia'...back in 2011.

I believe it has turned into more of a 'scammer' site since then though.

I met my Mrs at a diner in Manila in 1994...

Thread Information