Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Philippine Postal Service

I sent a present to my girlfriend a week ago by airmail and it has not yet arrived. When should I start worrying?

Ian

In Two to Three months, it can take that long and it may never get there, what with corruption in the UK and also the Philippines, I sent a box containing presents for Anilyn and it arrived nearly 3 months later, I sent another for her Birthday and it never arrived!!!!! It only contained some personal greetings, a bottle of perfume about £30 to £40 worth so not too expensive and it went walkies. Do not put presents into normal post, only Courriers etc but these are expensive, alternatively send money she can buy her own and in that way will get a present, unless she spends it on family of course as is the way of the Filipina
    CPLURLTC Care, Patience, Love, Understanding, Respect, Loyalty, Trust & Concideration / Compassion Are all the values Me & Anilyn hope to give each other, sometimes we may both fail, but we will always try, I am sure most of u in here are the type to do the same with their loved ones.

Ingat Paul & Anilyn

Banned
    6 yrs living in this country and from time to time I am sending small packet to the Phils using Post office International Sign For. So far, I dont lost any of my package, most of my package contains mobile phone and arrived on time, maximum of 1 month. Oh by the way, I have my P.O box in the Phils.

london well away from those people up norf
    The missus has used the post office to send small parcels/ large enevelopes in the past and they take only two weeks if your lucky.

Banned
    beautiful belfast-now/beautiful bayawan-future!
    I Received A Letter In The Mail Today From Mar And It Had Already Been Opened When It Was Posted Thru My Door :(

postal service

whenever my fiance are sending me something it only took 10 to 15 days..ive proven that already especially when he sent to me the documents i need for my application,he also put money inside it and luckily it never lost..

maybe it help because i befriended our post man and i used to give him a call everytime i am expecting mail..

but still it depends to the location where ur gf lives and of course to the people working in their postal office..

from my experience it usually takes a month

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    whenever my fiance are sending me something it only took 10 to 15 days..ive proven that already especially when he sent me the documents i need for my application,he also put money inside it and luckily it never lost..

maybe it help because i befriend our post man and i used to give him a call everytime i am expecting mail..

but still it depends to the location where ur gf lives and of course to the people working in their postal office..
    I agree Kimmi..prends din kami ni Manong

I Sent a package the other day by DHL it was there in 2 days , but it did cost me £75 to send ....

it was expensive but since u really want to make sure it will be here, it's worth it..

Used through Fedex quicker one...

about 20days. after that ask her to visit the post office and inquire after it.

hahaha a funny experience of my hubby when he was in philippines last year june 2006 his daughter sent him a fathers day card and care of to our home address but then the year ends we didnt recieved any but when we flew here to uk this february this yearr it arrived..we wonder why not it arrived till june 2007 for another fathers day...and its says return to sender all the way back from philippines...Blimey!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Respected Member
    Good news! Present arrived safely. Posted Monday delivered the next Thursday (i.e. 1 week 3 days). Not bad, and Mae is extremely happy.

Among the gifts she asked for one of my T shirts . . . . . worn! It must be love?

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Good news! Present arrived safely. Posted Monday delivered the next Thursday (i.e. 1 week 3 days). Not bad, and Mae is extremely happy.
    Well, you're doing better than I did ... my first present never arrived!

Among the gifts she asked for one of my T shirts . . . . . worn! It must be love?
    Interesting .... after my first visit, I was asked to leave an unwashed t-shirt behind. Apparently it was worn to bed every night ...

Then .. catastrophe ... big sis washed it!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Interesting .... after my first visit, I was asked to leave an unwashed t-shirt behind. Apparently it was worn to bed every night ...

Then .. catastrophe ... big sis washed it!

Nice one! I am glad for Mae's sake she did not ask for my socks......

Ian

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post

I was asked to do the same, and the day before I got there, in May last year, Jet washed it and returned it to me... when I left, she asked for another worn one...
    which she duly returned clean last February....
    You see a pattern emerging.....

It is love, and the sense of closeness, I think.

Thread Information