Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar

Top 20 Liveable Philippine Cities of 2012

This study considered all the 122 cities of the Philippines – has undergone thorough research and gathering of data and analysis. The methodology used to determine the liveability of each city was based but not totally on the European Intelligence Unit procedure. Like the EIU, the concept of this study was to determine which locations in the Philippines provide the “best living conditions”. Five broad categories were considered for the computation and this are: Stability (25%), Culture and Environment (25%), Healthcare (20%), Education (10%) and Infrastructure (20%). Each category contains indicators, and we included as many as possible, to make the computed data more solid. Aside from the EIU provided indicators, (which can be viewed in their website) we also added the following into consideration: financial performance, population density, availability of public and private hospitals, availability and quality of public health service, environmental conditions, availability of sports and development programs, calamity-safety index, tourist attractions, cultural and commercial ties, availability of public and private educational sectors including their performances.

1. Bacolod City
    2. Davao City
    3. Marikina City
    4. Makati City
    5. Manila
    6. Puerto Princesa City
    7. Cebu City
    8. Baguio City
    9. Quezon City
    10. Zamboanga City
    11. Iloilo City
    12. Olongapo City
    13. Naga City
    14. Angeles City
    15. Ormoc City
    16. Batangas City
    17. Sta. Rosa City
    18. Muntinlupa City
    19. Tagaytay City
    20. Tagum City

Read more:
    http://ikwaderno.wordpress.com/2012/...ities-of-2012/
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Well ours is not there but I could happily live there. Personal choice I guess.

Respected Member
    Butuan is better than half the above mentioned places

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Travellor View Post
    My Mother in Law lives in Bicol...lovely place, where the whale sharks hang out.

In the cold light of day we couldn't honestly live there...2.5 hrs to nearest basic hospital...same for international schooling.

All the places listed have them in abundance.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Anyone have any comments on Dumaguete?

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    My Mother in Law lives in Bicol...lovely place, where the whale sharks hang out.

In the cold light of day we couldn't honestly live there...2.5 hrs to nearest basic hospital...same for international schooling.

All the places listed have them in abundance.

Gwaps.. Bicol is a huge province with thousands of isolated towns... I lived in one once about 30 odd years ago and you are correct.. Miles from anything.
    Not been there for a very long time but I hear that Naga city is quite impressive these days. Lots of expats live there these days.
    Also the home of one of my favourite Filipino dishes.. Bicol express!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Gwaps.. Bicol is a huge province with thousands of isolated towns... I lived in one once about 30 odd years ago and you are correct.. Miles from anything.
    Not been there for a very long time but I hear that Naga city is quite impressive these days. Lots of expats live there these days.
    Sorry Fred...I should of said Vanisitahan, or sounds something like it...right on the beach.

Yes, Naga big but the airport town is closer, so says dear wife.

Its 2.5 hrs by road and that's if it hasn't been washed away as has happened in the past.

Im a new daddy again Fred...perhaps im being over protective.

I 'll be there in a couple of days ....

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Davao is indeed liveable...
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Prone to flooding. My wifes sister lived there for a long time.

I am a native of Surigao del Sur, and lived in Davao for like 2 years and I really liked it there. My husband and I are hoping that we can live there in the near future- well, so called when we retire
    But i reckon it will be a long way to save up first, here in the UK before we can have a house there.

Quote Originally Posted by Travellor View Post
    Dont tell everyone. Keep it quiet.

Respected Member
    Angeles City how did that make it on the list

Not exactly the safest place to live if you are a kanu

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    A very nice town and very safe as well

I personally would not live further south than this

I think the UK and USA governments still advise against traveling to Mindanao and thats good enough advise for me

CDO was bombed only last week !

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlags90 View Post
    Davao is indeed liveable...
    Davaoena here! Very proud!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by melovesengland View Post
    Davaoena here! Very proud!
    Mindanao is probably a great place to live if you are a Pinoy

Abu Sayyaf are still active in Mindanao along with other Muslim extremist groups

These groups dont care much for us westerners

Even if there is a less than 1% chance of being kidnapped or beheaded thats too high for me

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post

Abu Sayyaf are still active in Mindanao along with other Muslim extremist groups

Even if there is a less than 1% chance of being kidnapped or beheaded thats too high for me
    we have been a member of an expat group back in davao and i havent heard any complains about their new living and life in the city.

sadly, people do generalize the word mindanao and thinks that if you go to mindanao you get kidnapped, bombed and killed right away. they dont think of other cities in mindanao that are livable and peaceful. they only think of the abu sayaf and etc. they cant even see the brighter side or other side of mindanao which is such a big shame as you are missing one of the great opportunities that you might have by considering those other cities that mindanao has.

i undertand your concern and the fact that the danger is there but you cant say anything agaisnt the island unless you have lived and experienced the beauty of it.

we have been a member of an expat group back in davao and i havent heard any complains about their new living and life in the city.

sadly, people do generalize the word mindanao and thinks that if you go to mindanao you get kidnapped, bombed and killed right away. they dont think of other cities in mindanao that are livable and peaceful. they only think of the abu sayaf and etc. they cant even see the brighter side or other side of mindanao which is such a big shame as you are missing one of the great opportunities that you might have by considering those other cities that mindanao has.

i undertand your concern and the fact that the danger is there but you cant say anything agaisnt the island unless you have lived and experienced the beauty of it.
    Very well said.

There are plenty of ex-pats moving to Mindanao and more especially to Davao.

Like you I also find it annoying when folks make statements that have no basis in their own experience.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Very well said.

Like you I also find it annoying when folks make statements that have no basis in their own experience.

Well done.
    thanks for the repu! xxx

It hurts me badly as I am from Davao and it is in Mindanao. They only cast bad things about the island and yet they dont even give us a chance to offer them the good side of Mindanao.

Quite upsetting but people do generalize things that are unacceptable sometimes. thanks Sir Terpe! xxx

Banned
    It's difficult, as if someone says why not try such and such a hotel and tell you that its great and then you try it and it isn't then normally there is no harm done. Perhaps a bad night's sleep or a less than enjoyable experience. I think with visiting Mindanao there is more at stake than an uncomfortable bed or a bad meal that you might encounter in the wrong hotel. Try Mindanao and see for yourself is not like trying a night in a hotel or a resort.

People who are reticent to go to Mindanao on someones recommendation are so as they perceive that the risks of danger are higher there, based on what they have been told by others or read etc. Maybe they are wrong, maybe they are right. As far as they are concerned they are not sure and probably correct in being cautious. My perception is that venturing into Mindanao is risky. I really don't know one end of Mindanao from the other. Maybe one day I will take the risk.

Another way of looking at it is that there are many other places to visit in the Philippines so it is understandable that some might leave Mindanao low on their list of priorities.

I sincerely hope that this new peace process works. I think that will help enormously.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Just had a reminder....Bicol express still does indeed, bring tears to my eyes

7/7 Bombings does that mean London is not safe? I dont know some people.

Banned
    We stayed in Bacolod at inlaws relatives big spread for 5 days. Nice city with a modern airport on the outskirts which we flew into - fast ferried it out to Iloilo en route to overhyped Boracay. I'd like to explore Iloilo sometime

my wife lives in guagua pampanga i found it ok so could live there if i had something to do

well ive just bought a pad in bacolod city so looks like its been a good decision ,A lot cleaner than cebu can,t wait to move

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    7/7 Bombings does that mean London is not safe? I dont know some people.
    Yes i would class London as not safe as well and i should know i live here

The only thing that has stopped more bombings here is good police intelligence and the police are watching many of these people 24/7 and yes there are many of them just waiting for a chance

Unfortunately things are not like this in Mindanao and the police there dont have the resources or manpower to watch many of the Muslim extremists who reside on that island

Granted most of the trouble is to the west of the island but they did bomb Davao airport a few years back

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Very well said.

Well done.
    What are you implying that i have to go there and be involved in an incident before i can pass a comment of Mindanao?

I dont need to do that it's all available on the web for anyone to read !

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    well ive just bought a pad in bacolod city so looks like its been a good decision ,A lot cleaner than cebu can,t wait to move
    Another great city

Respected Member
    thanks for the repu! xxx

It hurts me badly as I am from Davao and it is in Mindanao. They only cast bad things about the island and yet they dont even give us a chance to offer them the good side of Mindanao.

Quite upsetting but people do generalize things that are unacceptable sometimes. thanks Sir Terpe! xxx
    There is no need to take my views on Mindanao personally

People slag of London all the time and thats fine by me

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lastlid View Post
    It's difficult, as if someone says why not try such and such a hotel and tell you that its great and then you try it and it isn't then normally there is no harm done. Perhaps a bad night's sleep or a less than enjoyable experience. I think with visiting Mindanao there is more at stake than an uncomfortable bed or a bad meal that you might encounter in the wrong hotel. Try Mindanao and see for yourself is not like trying a night in a hotel or a resort.

People who are reticent to go to Mindanao on someones recommendation are so as they perceive that the risks of danger are higher there, based on what they have been told by others or read etc. Maybe they are wrong, maybe they are right. As far as they are concerned they are not sure and probably correct in being cautious. My perception is that venturing into Mindanao is risky. I really don't know one end of Mindanao from the other. Maybe one day I will take the risk.

Another way of looking at it is that there are many other places to visit in the Philippines so it is understandable that some might leave Mindanao low on their list of priorities.

I sincerely hope that this new peace process works. I think that will help enormously.
    Abu Sayyaf is not even involved in the latest round of the much hailed peace agreement

What are you implying that i have to go there and be involved in an incident before i can pass a comment of Mindanao?

I dont need to do that it's all available on the web for anyone to read !
    Mindanao covers a very large area. There are certain areas that are much safer than others.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information