Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

very tempting land deal offered

just been offered 1 hectacre of land with a concrete house for 350,000 pesos old man was japaneese who died and his old lady wants to sell also a pajero mitsibusi for 200,000 .do I jump in or what lol very very tempting

one thing you can never make more of is land
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I would

is it in a nice place Brian

Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    is it in a nice place Brian
    I am getting taken to have a look at the place very soon all I know is that its flat land with access road etc but has no title .but ive been told getting a title is pretty straight forward here done through the baranguy captain .not sure on the expense but for that amount of money its got to be worth a gamble .its about 14 miles outside the city of bacolod classed as agricultural ,the house was used as a holiday home for the jap guy ive been told the house alone is worth over a million pesos the widow can,t afford the run the place and just wants to off load quickly .i,ll know more soon and report back lol.good opportunity to do some turkey breeding or something its got a barbed wired fence all around the boundry apparently.

No title! Do not touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    yes ive heard some of the horror stories but ive also heard from other expats that they have got titles but in there wives name of course .it all depends on the individual cases lots of ifs and buts .so i,ll be asking all the right questions and if it looks good it will be done through the legal channels .

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    You need to contact an Attourney, Surveyer and the original owner of the land previous to the Japanese & his wife, be carful and good luck Brian!

Banned
    I'd have thought if it was such a good deal a local would have bought it by now

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I'd have thought if it was such a good deal a local would have bought it by now
    nobody has got any money round here most of them find it hard to put food on the table .also it does take time for things to move here .he,s not long passed away its being in the right place at the right time ,anyway i,m going to check it out and take some photos first.

You need to go very careful as all land has a title if it is legally owned. Do some research first and find who really owns it. Then, if all is clean make a stupid offer .... if she wants to offload, offer 300k
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Apart from 2 lots..All the land we have bought in previous years has been Tax declaration land.. Its all titled now via the DENR and Land registry office...
    Yes..I've read and heard all the horror stories..
    Tiger.. If I were you I`d spend a couple of days investigating..
    Have your Mrs talk to all the neighbours.. They usually know a lot about local land history.. Visit the DENR and the BIR and ask them to check for warning signals or liens..Then do the same in the Municipal hall and the local Barangay hall.. Ask lots of nosy questions..
    Usually,problems crop up because of past inheritance issues..
    Thats about all you can do..
    Good luck and hope it all pans out.. Sounds like a bloody good bargain!!

This is what my attorney in Palawan required from me to progress with buying land, it may help

1. get a copy of certificate of non-encumbrance from the provincial assessor's office to ensure if the property is still in the possession of the seller and to determine if it is not mortgage to anyone;

2. get a barangay certification to determine that the property is owned by the seller;

3. get a copy of public land application from the seller to determine if the property is ready for titling;

if you have these documents, you can proceed to the buying of the property

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Apart from 2 lots..All the land we have bought in previous years has been Tax declaration land.. Its all titled now via the DENR and Land registry office...
    Yes..I've read and heard all the horror stories..
    Tiger.. If I were you I`d spend a couple of days investigating..
    Have your Mrs talk to all the neighbours.. They usually know a lot about local land history.. Visit the DENR and the BIR and ask them to check for warning signals or liens..Then do the same in the Municipal hall and the local Barangay hall.. Ask lots of nosy questions..
    Usually,problems crop up because of past inheritance issues..
    Thats about all you can do..
    Good luck and hope it all pans out.. Sounds like a bloody good bargain!!
    it does sound good and I hope its genuine also being a jap owner makes me think things were above board just maybe

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    This is what my attorney in Palawan required from me to progress with buying land, it may help

1. get a copy of certificate of non-encumbrance from the provincial assessor's office to ensure if the property is still in the possession of the seller and to determine if it is not mortgage to anyone;

2. get a barangay certification to determine that the property is owned by the seller;

3. get a copy of public land application from the seller to determine if the property is ready for titling;

if you have these documents, you can proceed to the buying of the property

Like you say Tiger.. Its always a bit of a gamble but if you do the things that have been suggested it changes the odds quite a lot in your favour..
    If the worst came to the worst and someone filed a case against you dont forget it can take years and years to get resolved through the courts...
    Im sure it wont come to that though..

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Like you say Tiger.. Its always a bit of a gamble but if you do the things that have been suggested it changes the odds quite a lot in your favour..
    If the worst came to the worst and someone filed a case against you dont forget it can take years and years to get resolved through the courts...
    Im sure it wont come to that though..
    well fred at my time of life i,ll be dead before anything got resolved so I don,t really care lol I would like to own a large plot to raise some turkeys and other animals for the family as none of them have any land to speak of .as The ol saying goes you can,t take it with ya lol

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    I would like to own a large plot to raise some turkeys l
    There's Christmas lunch sorted then

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    I and my family are also in to it. We also bought land/s without the title as long as we have the paper that says we acquired the lot from Mr. or Mrs. Who. The price offered to you is once in a blue moon. What you have to do is go to the brgy. captain and they'll do the letter for you having a witness of 2-4 person.

Trusted Member
    it does sound good and I hope its genuine also being a jap owner makes me think things were above board just maybe
    Unless he was one of those still hiding out since WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Unless he was one of those still hiding out since WW2.
    talk about the coconut telegraph pole ,it turns out that we were looking at the wrong place .yes its 1 hectacre but access to it was through sugar cane fields and mud tracks lol and the house was in fact a pigery lol

Trusted Member
    Someone was telling porkies.

If it sounds to good to be true...it probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Someone was telling porkies.

If it sounds to good to be true...it probably is.
    very true the only good thing about it was the fact it had a clean title which I was givin a copy of .but when I got there I was bitten by mossies which put me in a bad mood straight away There was running water and electric too .its just the location that put me off really plenty of fruit trees etc .T he house that I thought or was told was for sale is actually for sale but thats even more complicated the jap owner is 80 and his wife died aged 40 but nobody knows where the jap guy is so the property will sit around in limbo lol

It's no doubt in her name anyway and will now be inherited by her family. What happened to the Pajero

Trusted Member
    very true the only good thing about it was the fact it had a clean title which I was givin a copy of .but when I got there I was bitten by mossies which put me in a bad mood straight away There was running water and electric too .its just the location that put me off really plenty of fruit trees etc .T he house that I thought or was told was for sale is actually for sale but thats even more complicated the jap owner is 80 and his wife died aged 40 but nobody knows where the jap guy is so the property will sit around in limbo lol
    He's hiding in the jungle !

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    It's no doubt in her name anyway and will now be inherited by her family. What happened to the Pajero
    not sure about it or even if its still for sale

Thread Information