Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: confused still

Question confused still

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...ty/form_an.pdf

1.17 SEC 1 page4.

i am very confuse as to what i'll put

is it the address for the last 3 years put in each box (i am spouse visa anyway when i came here came in 2010 three years last may this year

and anybody help me how to fill this in even pm me..i cant book nationality checking service as only available be in 24th and risky..so i applying through postal
    A place for everything, everything in its place.

Hi Moy,

I'll try and answer, no doubt someone will along soon to berate me for doing so but....

All they want is what address you have been living at for the last 5 years..

If you've lived at the same address then fine, just fill in that address with the date you moved in.

If you've moved within the last 5 years just put in the address where you lived (I would start at the earliest) in the first box and the dates from when you moved in to when you left, then continue with subsequent addresses in the next boxes until you get to the present date.

I hope this is of help

Please double check this with GUIDE AN and BOOKLET AN

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Hi Moy,

I'll try and answer, no doubt someone will along soon to berate me for doing so but....

All they want is what address you have been living at for the last 5 years..

If you've lived at the same address then fine, just fill in that address with the date you moved in.

If you've moved within the last 5 years just put in the address where you lived (I would start at the earliest) in the first box and the dates from when you moved in to when you left, then continue with subsequent addresses in the next boxes until you get to the present date.

I hope this is of help
    can i ask your partner how she fill it in she got copy? sorry if ask so much..i did not move in since i came here for the last three years..pm me if you wnt myemail

Quote Originally Posted by Moy View Post
    can i ask your partner how she fill it in she got copy? sorry if ask so much..i did not move in since i came here for the last three years..pm me if you wnt myemail
    Have a look at page 6

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...quirements.pdf

May I ask how long have you been here for?

i arrived here 20th may 2010

and i live same address since ..for three years now

Moy,

Without knowing your personal circumstances I can't answer this with absolute confidence, but this is on page 5

B. If you are NOT married to or the civil partner of a British citizen
    (Section 6(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981)
    The legal requirements you should meet before you apply are that you:
    1. Are aged 18 or over when you apply
    2. Are of sound mind, so that you understand the step you are taking (but see page 10
    for those who are not of sound mind)
    3. Intend to continue to live in the UK, or to continue in Crown service, the service of
    an international organisation of which the UK is a member or the service of a
    company or association established in the UK
    4. Can communicate in English (or Welsh or Scottish Gaelic) to an acceptable degree
    5. Have sufficient knowledge about life in the UK
    6. Are of good character
    7. Have lived in the UK for a minimum of 5 years before you apply

The relevant bit being are you married or a civil partner of a British citizen

If you are then :-

A. If you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen
    (section 6(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981)
    The legal requirements you should meet before you apply are that you:
    1. Are aged 18 or over when you apply
    2. Are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen on the date of application
    3. Are of sound mind, so that you understand the step you are taking (but see page 10
    for those who are not of sound mind)
    4. Can communicate in English (or Welsh or Scottish Gaelic) to an acceptable degree
    5. Have sufficient knowledge about life in the UK
    6. Are of good character
    7. Have lived in the UK for a minimum of 3 years before you apply and meet the
    following residence requirements:4
    The residence requirements:
    1. You must have been physically present in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern
    Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands on the day 3 years before the
    application is received by the Home Office.
    For example if your application is received on 20/1/2010 you should have been
    physically present in the United Kingdom on 21/1/2007.
    Most applications that fail do so because applicants have applied even though they
    cannot satisfy the residence requirement to be present in the UK at the beginning of
    the residential qualifying period.
    2. You must not have had more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom in the
    three year period before making the application (but see the section on Absences
    on page 7).
    3. You must not have had more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the 12
    month period before making the application (but see the section on Absences on
    page 8).
    4. You must be free of immigration time restrictions on the date of application (see
    the section on Immigration Time Restrictions).
    5. You must not have been in breach of the immigration rules in the 3 year period
    before making the application (see the section on Breach of Immigration Law).
    Some discretion may be exercised over the residence requirements at 2 – 5 above if
    there are special circumstances. If you do not meet these residence requirements
    but believe that there are special circumstances in your case, you should explain
    them when you apply.
    If you are in Crown service or specially designated service, or are married to or the
    civil partner of a British citizen in Crown or designated service, go straight to section
    10 for alternative ways that you might qualify

my main prob is fillin the 1.17:(
    as u see there are 5 boxes there..

SECTION 2: RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS
    2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis,
    and the airport or seaport through which you then entered. If this is less than 5 years
    before the date on which we receive the application, or less than 3 years before this
    date if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you might not meet
    the residence requirement (see pages 4 and 5 of the Booklet AN) and your application
    may be unsuccessful.
    2.2 Fill in this table showing the periods you have been away from the UK during the last
    5 years (3 years if you are married to or in a civil partnership with a British citizen).
    Insert the number of days you were away from the UK in the last column ignoring the
    day you left and the day you arrived back in the UK. If there is not enough room for
    all your absences then continue on page 15. Add up the total and write it in the space
    indicated.
    Please note: You should also check that you were physically present in the UK 5 years
    (3 years if you are married to or in civil partnership with a British citizen) before the date
    that the application will be received by the Home Office or other receiving authority (see
    page 17 “Where to send your application form”). If you do not meet this requirement your
    application is unlikely to be successful.
    To satisfy the residence requirement you should not have been absent for more than 90
    days in the last 12 months. And the total number of days absence for the whole 5 year
    period should not exceed 450. If you are married to or in a civil partnership with a British
    citizen the total number of days absence for the whole 3 year period should not exceed
    There is discretion to disregard absences in excess of the limits. The circumstances in which
    discretion would be exercised is explained in the Booklet AN.
    Failure to complete section 2.2 will result in delays to your application.
    2.3 Please insert the country where you intend to live if you are naturalised as a British
    citizen.
    2.4 – 2.6 If you are a national of a member state of the EEA, or the family member of an
    EEA national, and do not have indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom you
    should complete these sections. Please refer to section 6 of the Booklet AN for further
    guidance.

Moy, I think this explains it as I presume you're married.

Just fill in the first box as I believe you have lived at the same address for the last 3+ years.
    The other boxes are just there for people how have lived at different places over the qualifying period. As you have lived at the same address then you only need to fill in the first box and leave the others blank.

yes i am very much married indeed..three years living here in the UK SINCE we did not move..when i came here..
    sorry i'm just really confuse and annoyed of myself..and i miss the booking earlier for nationality checking

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Moy, just put in your current address (you said you have been living there since you got here). You don't have to fill in all the boxes. One address is enough. They only put 5 boxes in case the applicant has lived different addresses for the past 5 years.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Moy, just put in your current address (you said you have been living there since you got here). You don't have to fill in all the boxes. One address is enough. They only put 5 boxes in case the applicant has lived different addresses for the past 5 years.
    thanks rayna..sorry for the mess i made here am just feelin lost and confuse

thanks rayna..sorry for the mess i made here am just feelin lost and confuse
    Make yourself as calm as possible. No need to worry. You would only make a lot of mistakes if you worry a lot.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Which is exactly what I wrote in post 12

Make yourself as calm as possible. No need to worry. You would only make a lot of mistakes if you worry a lot.
    again as it says address for the last 5 years...does it include Philippines address? in a way i am here for 3 year anyway but the rest years was i was in the Philippines..
    i had ask one who applied last 2010 they said it the address to where u live in the Philippines was included too and the rest 3 years was her address living here in the UK confusing i know but which is which

again as it says address for the last 5 years...does it include Philippines address? in a way i am here for 3 year anyway but the rest years was i was in the Philippines..
    i had ask one who applied last 2010 they said it the address to where u live in the Philippines was included too and the rest 3 years was her address living here in the UK confusing i know but which is which
    Yes, you can include your address in the Philippines too.
    -=rayna.keith=-

I am pretty sure i didn't put my address in the Philippines.( I've used the checking service and they checked everything page by page, if there is something missing to be filled out they would of told me )
    please take note that form AN is not just for us wives of a british citizen who is under the old rules 3years residence ..its also the same form (AN) for EEA exercising their treaty rights.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

now i am in between of what to do..
    i know you all guys had trying to help me answering but which is which think ill apply after 28th but i dont want tooo im almost there

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Hiya Moy,

Listen just put all addresses you have lived in for the past 5 years and include the one in the Philippines so that covers what the UKBA ask for so no worries.

Get the checking service done on the 24th then send it by Royal Mail Special Delivery the same day and it will be guaranteed to be received by the UKBA on Friday the 25th so again no worries.

You have only got a small time frame so get onto this straight away and I just want to wish you all the best...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hiya Moy,

Listen just put all addresses you have lived in for the past 5 years and include the one in the Philippines so that covers what the UKBA ask for so no worries.

Get the checking service done on the 24th then send it by Royal Mail Special Delivery the same day and it will be guaranteed to be received by the UKBA on Friday the 25th so again no worries.

You have only got a small time frame so get onto this straight away and I just want to wish you all the best...
    i ll try thanks Mark

Thread Information