Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Baby leaving the Philippines for first time on UK passport

My wife has just been granted her spouse visa. She is getting the CFO sticker from Cebu this week. My daughter will be travelling with her.

My daughter (9 months) has got a UK passport and will be travelling over to the uK with my wife next month. Are there any requirement as she will be using her UK passport to leave the Philippines for the first time? My daughter does not have a UK birth certificate, only a filipino one.

Respected Member
    Hi, my son left on his RP passport and arrived on his UK so I can't be 100% sure but it may be that she will be treated as an overstaying tourist from birth and have to pay the relevant fines. I stress this is just hearsay from a few conversations I have had but I would check with Immigration beforehand as problems at the airport sometimes cannot be resolved especially early/late flights. Good luck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by criddle2012 View Post
    My wife has just been granted her spouse visa. She is getting the CFO sticker from Cebu this week. My daughter will be travelling with her.

My daughter (9 months) has got a UK passport and will be travelling over to the uK with my wife next month. Are there any requirement as she will be using her UK passport to leave the Philippines for the first time? My daughter does not have a UK birth certificate, only a filipino one.
    Hi Criddle2012

I wouldn't worry about your daughter's birth cert..she was born in the PH after all...the main thing is, she has the British passport, that's all what matters. ...she's as British as you and I

Quote Originally Posted by criddle2012 View Post

how does you manage to get her a british passport without uk birth certificate from the embassy?...anyway one of the requirements is that you need to get an exit clearance for her at the immigration. Normally it is valid for 28 days from the day it is issued, So they have to leave the country within that time frame. I secure my son both birth certificate from NSO and at the same time secure a birth certificate from british embassy. You will be needing them if u want to claim benefits for her when she arrives and when she start nursery and school. hope that helps.

You need to get the Immigration Clearance Certificate, to register a british child in the Bureau of Immigration as an alien in the Philippines, this is what happened to us, our flight schedule was september 25 midnight but when the immigration officer in the airport check our documents, they are asking about Immigration Clearance Certificate of my baby. They dont allow our son to get out in the Philippines without that papers, and they are saying that me and my husband can travel and get out in the Philippines but our son cant. So we cancelled our flights. And now i got that documents from the immigration here in manila, and waiting for our flight schedule on friday. These are the requirements for that paper: Photocopy: flights schedule(child and parent), birth certificate, passport bio-data (child and parent), 5pcs. 2x2 pic(child) and payment (7thousand plus pesos).

Quote Originally Posted by elve_page View Post
    You need to get the Immigration Clearance Certificate, to register a british child in the Bureau of Immigration as an alien in the Philippines, this is what happened to us, our flight schedule was september 25 midnight but when the immigration officer in the airport check our documents, they are asking about Immigration Clearance Certificate of my baby. They dont allow our son to get out in the Philippines without that papers, and they are saying that me and my husband can travel and get out in the Philippines but our son cant. So we cancelled our flights. And now i got that documents from the immigration here in manila, and waiting for our flight schedule on friday. These are the requirements for that paper: Photocopy: flights schedule(child and parent), birth certificate, passport bio-data (child and parent), 5pcs. 2x2 pic(child) and payment (7thousand plus pesos).
    Very useful information

Bohlox, correct information

Respected Member
    From the day your daughter got her British Passport she is British and not Filipino. So you need to go to immigration and pay the correct fee. You cannot leave the Philippines without this been sorted out. Don't delay. It's not a complicated process, but you must do this sooner than later.

Thanks for your help. This isn't made clear at all by the authorities. My wife is flying to cebu to get the CFO sticker. Hopefully she can get immigration clearance certificate as well. We fly to the uk on Oct 30

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elve_page View Post
    Good post elve_page
    I've sent you a deserved rep

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Good post elve_page
    I've sent you a deserved rep
    This are base on my experienced only. If i known those requirements in the immigration early, now were in England but its ok, tomorrow will be flying to England, I hope it will go smoothly at the airport.

Respected Member
    hi elve :-) i just want to ask what are the other requirements for baby british passport aside from the requirements we found at the website of british embassy manila . Im going to manila together with my daughter 1 yr. old to apply her 1st british passport.

Quote Originally Posted by hellersarah View Post
    hi elve :-) i just want to ask what are the other requirements for baby british passport aside from the requirements we found at the website of british embassy manila . Im going to manila together with my daughter 1 yr. old to apply her 1st british passport.
    Hi Sarah, i dont know if they change the requirements for applying british passport and birth certificate but here are the documents we sent last July 2012:
    1. NSO Birth Certificate of the applicant
    2. Parents Birth Certificate
    3. Parents NSO marriage certificate
    4. Divorce papers (if applicable)
    5. CRS Form no 5 - Advisory on Marriages (available from the NSO)
    6. If parent are not married CENOMAR
    7. Mother’s antenatal/postnatal/delivery notes, scans and ultrasounds from hospital (from hospital in the UK and in the Philippines), photos of mother pregnant. If unable to obtain original records, please submit copies, which have been attested by the hospital.

I hope it will help.
    Just ask me if you have question. Willing to help.

Respected Member
    hi elve, many thanks i have all the docs that you said....im ready to submit all my dics to the embassy on 14th....hoping to have my babay 1st british passport so that we can go to uk soon to be with my hubby...

Respected Member
    one more thing, did you apply on your own or are you with your husband? im going to apply in behalf of my husband but i have his passport, all the stamp of his passport he so photocopy then sign by the solicitor and the adfidavit...and all the docs we need to the embassy...

Quote Originally Posted by hellersarah View Post
    one more thing, did you apply on your own or are you with your husband? im going to apply in behalf of my husband but i have his passport, all the stamp of his passport he so photocopy then sign by the solicitor and the adfidavit...and all the docs we need to the embassy...
    In the british passport of our son he's with me when we applied at the british embassy, but in my visa application I'm with my own.

Thread Information