Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Cameron lays the ground for a radical immigration Bill

what about their 'human rights'

On the eve of the Conservative Party Conference, David Cameron has laid the ground for a radical immigration Bill, expected before the end of Autumn, according to Sunday newspaper.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-...igration-bill/

hang on .. they will have no rights

Britain may need to withdraw from European Convention on Human Rights, says Cameron

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...s-Cameron.html
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    A bit late for that isn't it ?

The rubbish these politicians come out with to keep themselves in work.

The Prime Minister hardened his position on the ECHR at the opening of the Conservative Party conference in Manchester.
    The convention, which is enshrined in British law in the Human Rights Act, is deeply unpopular with many Conservatives and some have suggested complete withdrawal.
    “It may be that that is where we end up,” Mr Cameron said, saying he was willing consider any option to ensure Britain can remove foreign criminals. “Whatever that takes, we must deliver that outcome.”
    The ECHR has been invoked by foreign criminals and terrorists fighting deportation from Britain. They argue that its provisions mean they are entitled to various rights to be considered, including the right to a family life.
    That has led to foreign criminals being allowed to remain the UK because they have family connections here.
    The Conservatives have promised to replace the Human Rights Act with a British Bill of Rights, which would enact the ECHR’s provisions in a more flexible way.
    The Lib Dems support the ECHR, and the Coalition has made little progress on reform, leaving Tories frustrated.
    Some Tories, including Theresa May, the Home Secretary, and Chris Grayling, the Justice Secretary, have suggested quitting the ECHR altogether.
    Until now, Mr Cameron has declined to back those calls, but in a BBC interview, he hardened his position.
    The Prime Minister said that electing an all-Conservative government in 2015 was the only way to ensure tough rules that allow deportation.
    “As prime minister, what I want to know is can I keep our country safe. For instance, are we able to chuck out of our country people who have no right to be here, who threaten our country. I saw we should be able to do that. Whatever that takes, we must deliver that outcome. And that is what I think we have the next 20 months to do, and put in our manifesto.
    He added: “But people should be in no doubt [if they elect] a Conservative-only government, led by me, there will be the ability to throw out of this country far more rapidly people who threaten us and our way of life.”

Sounds good to me
    Come here and break our laws then you have no rights, so you get chucked out.
    Are you suggesting they should be able to stay because they have a relative here that may miss them? If they are that concerned then then can .... off as well.
    At the end of the day this country we live in is a free country where we are allowed to express our opinions without threats of being imprisoned or worse. Break our laws and threaten our way of life then feel free to .... off and not come back

May and Cameron have been about this for 3 1/2yrs still no change

those that run this country, Brussels and the courts will not let them
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I suggest you read the last paragraph of his statement again. Looks fairly clear to me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    May and Cameron have been about this for 3 1/2yrs still no change

those that run this country, Brussels and the courts will not let them
    Joe please remind me what did Blair, Brown, Straw, Blunkett, Clark, Reid, Sniff & Johnson do over 13 years about Hamza & Qatada ?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I suggest you read the last paragraph of his statement again. Looks fairly clear to me
    that's not going to happen thou, Cameron is desperate he couldn't get a majority at the last election , he will not at the next either

UKIP will take tory votes, Tories have off too many people, cameron

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Joe please remind me what did Blair, Brown, Straw, Blunkett, Clark, Reid, Sniff & Johnson do over 13 years about Hamza & Qatada ?
    they arrested him in 2002, but couldn't charge him with anything

Who's they The police or CPS? Not the government
    Under Cameron's new proposal this wouldn't happen, as he would be deported.

Glad you've come round to the Conservative way of thinking Joe, welcome aboard

Trusted Member
    Here's hoping Cameron will be able to match deeds to words.

As others have said though, very little real power now lies in the hands of the British government, on such issues.

Banned

I stand corrected they were both arrested in 2002.

Joe - Am I right in thinking Blair, Brown and untold Labour Home Secretaries Labour twiddled their thumbs and allowed these scum to rack up legal aid and benefit claims for 8 years whilst residing in Butlins Belmarsh ?

Thread Information