Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Postie just been and delivered Maritess results for IELTS exam, Her score is 5.5, she will be over the moon when she arrives home from work!
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Thankyou so much Peter, Arthur Also Doc Alan and Joe, From Maritess.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Raynaputi, any reply from UKBA or your MP yet?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ckman View Post
    Raynaputi, any reply from UKBA or your MP yet?
    MP sent a letter to the UKBA on 4th November but I haven't got any response yet..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

This might be the answer some of us are looking for. Somebody from a different thread sent a similar enquiry to the Home Office. You can read the entire thread here http://www.immigrationboards.com/vie...529ced3849221d

I have copied and pasted the response they got. Check it out below:

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the revised knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement that came in to force on 28th October 2013.

We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 level or above will be required to take another one.

An IELTS (International English Language Testing System) qualification awarded by Cambridge English (previously known as Cambridge ESOL), which is at a level equivalent to level B1 CEFR or above, is an acceptable qualification for the purposes of demonstrating language ability for settlement and citizenship purposes.

Please note that the 2 year validity attached to these qualifications only applies to entry clearance applications and are therefore still accepted for settlement and citizenship applications after this validity date.

Evidence that the applicant has achieved this qualification should be submitted with their application for settlement. When completing the Form SET(M) applicants should tick the box at section 5.2 which states that you have an English language speaking and listening qualification.

Applicants will also need to show that they have passed the life in the UK test to demonstrate their knowledge of life in the UK.

Regards

Mrs C Richards

Nationality Policy Advisor | Operational Policy & Rules Unit

Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office

Home Office, The Capital, Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9PP.

I'm sure a reply will arrive in the none too distant future Rayna!

Quote Originally Posted by ckman View Post
    This might be the answer some of us are looking for. Somebody from a different thread sent a similar enquiry to the Home Office. You can read the entire thread here http://www.immigrationboards.com/vie...529ced3849221d

I have copied and pasted the response they got. Check it out below:

"Thank you for your enquiry regarding the revised knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement that came in to force on 28th October 2013.

We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 level or above will be required to take another one.

An IELTS (International English Language Testing System) qualification awarded by Cambridge English (previously known as Cambridge ESOL), which is at a level equivalent to level B1 CEFR or above, is an acceptable qualification for the purposes of demonstrating language ability for settlement and citizenship purposes.

Please note that the 2 year validity attached to these qualifications only applies to entry clearance applications and are therefore still accepted for settlement and citizenship applications after this validity date.

Evidence that the applicant has achieved this qualification should be submitted with their application for settlement. When completing the Form SET(M) applicants should tick the box at section 5.2 which states that you have an English language speaking and listening qualification.

Applicants will also need to show that they have passed the life in the UK test to demonstrate their knowledge of life in the UK.

Regards

Mrs C Richards

Nationality Policy Advisor | Operational Policy & Rules Unit

Immigration & Border Policy | Home Office

Home Office, The Capital, Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L3 9PP.
    WOOHOO!!!!!

Thanks for that!!! A very deserved rep from me!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Once I receive a response from UKBA, I will post the letter here and I'm hoping it's the same with the one ckman posted. Ckman's post is the 2nd time I've heard it from another person with the same answer from UKBA.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Once I receive a response from UKBA, I will post the letter here and I'm hoping it's the same with the one ckman posted. Ckman's post is the 2nd time I've heard it from another person with the same answer from UKBA.
    I can't remember where I posted this previously. Maybe should have made it a sticky.

Here's what the Home Office Statement of Intent says:-

English Language Qualifications
    We will accept a range of English language qualifications as evidence that an applicant has met the requirement to hold a B1 level speaking and listening qualification. This will help ensure that all those needing to take a test will be able to find one suitable for their needs and, so far as possible, that no one who already has an English language qualification at B1 or above will be required to take another one. So, for example, a person applying for settlement as a Tier 2 (General) migrant who has already demonstrated a knowledge of English equivalent to B1 level in order to qualify for entry clearance, will not have to take a further test at settlement stage.
    I've highlighted the key part which seems to indicate that if B1 level is achieved already then no further tests are required.

However, this wasn't quite clear enough for many folks. Maybe as it mentioned Tier 2 but didn't make any mention to Spouse.
    Subseqyently a good number of Freedom of Information questions were formally raised.

Here's one that was asked and received a successful response quoted below in part:-

The fact that an applicant’s qualifying English language certificate had expired would not prevent them from using their pass notification as evidence that they had reached level B1 (CEFR) English for a settlement or British citizenship application. They would not be expected to take another English
    Language test, but will need to pass the Life in the UK test.
    This appears to provide the needed clarity to the stated Home Office position.

Here's another FOI reply here which I show below:-

If your qualification is on the list of acceptable qualifications published on our website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-...), you will not need to retake an English test. The expiry dates for those tests do not apply to settlement and citizenship applications. You should send your certificate with the application.
    The important point being that the test certificate being held MUST still appear on the UKBA approved listing

This will be Ł135 money saved for me then!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi there PAT....hope life is good for you
    Hello Terpe, thank you. Generally speaking yes, it is with ups and downs. That is life hehehe....hope you and your family are ok as well.

I just got a reply from UKBA, via my MP, after 2 months of sending the inquiry! Anyway, the response is the same as what was posted in post #65, that the test result validity doesn't matter. That they will accept an expired test result if the grade/level is B1 and above.
    -=rayna.keith=-

I just got a reply from UKBA, via my MP, after 2 months of sending the inquiry! Anyway, the response is the same as what was posted in post #65, that the test result validity doesn't matter. That they will accept an expired test result if the grade/level is B1 and above.
    Firstly well done....you got an outcome

Secondly though, I wonder why others who asked for clarification on the the very same issue received a Home Office reply??
    I'm guessing it must only be down to another case of 'slipped through the net' .....(means incompetence)

Well done Rayna, it's a pity they didn't reply sooner, could have saved me some money, but having said that will one need a valid IELTS result for citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Hi there PAT....hope life is good for you
    So far so good...there are ups and downs but that's life.... thank you.

Happy for that, now I can focus on reviewing the Life in The UK book, and hopefully be ready for March to take the test.

Quote Originally Posted by han View Post
    Happy for that, now I can focus on reviewing the Life in The UK book, and hopefully be ready for March to take the test.
    You'll be ok Han, good luck!

Can someone please tell me if my english qualification is acceptable for naturalisation???

OCR Level 2 Certificate in Adult Literacy

http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/Qualif...ils/100_1323_4

Is this acceptable for naturalisation???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information