Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Very interesting comments from both Peter and Joe, what it really needs is a test case, but alas it would become very costly. Will hold fire a little longer to see if Rayner comes up trumps with a result of some kind. Don't know what we would do without the knowledge of certain forum members, thankyou to them!

Hi Rayna, any news yet ref validity of IELTS certificates?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Hi Rayna, any news yet ref validity of IELTS certificates?
    No, nothing yet. I'm thinking of contacting my MP and ask him if he can ask the UKBA/Home Office since they're not replying to me. I'm guessing my MP can get a response. Maybe you and the others can do that too so we can all get a response just in case.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    No, nothing yet. I'm thinking of contacting my MP and ask him if he can ask the UKBA/Home Office since they're not replying to me. I'm guessing my MP can get a response. Maybe you and the others can do that too so we can all get a response just in case.
    Rayna, out of interest when is the 'regulated' response meant to be made?
    You should receive a response within 20 working days under The Freedom of Information (FoI) Act 2000.

Doesn't always happen, but it's meant to.
    In this case I can't see any complication, but then again.............UKBA

Thanks for your quick response, will try!

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Ohhhhhh, this got me thinking now. I must say that they didnt make that statement very clear and it is a very clever move from Rayna to do some inquiries herself. I dont think in my own opinion that they will accept expired certificates for the simple reason that they have provided already the details of the approved english test, passing grades or marks and the expiry dates on that english test providers pdf file.

I hope they will get it clear as it will be such a great big help if they will allow those people like me, rayna and the rest not to sit and take an english test again.

Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Rayna, out of interest when is the 'regulated' response meant to be made?
    You should receive a response within 20 working days under The Freedom of Information (FoI) Act 2000.

Doesn't always happen, but it's meant too.
    In this case I can't see any complication, but then again.............UKBA
    I requested for an internal review on 11 October. They said they will respond within 20 working days.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I requested for an internal review on 11 October. They said they will respond within 20 working days.

I wonder why such a simple request is proving so difficult to answer......maybe they recognise the ambiguity of the wording and are thinking how to resolve

I wonder why such a simple request is proving so difficult to answer......maybe they recognise the ambiguity of the wording and are thinking how to resolve
    To be honest, I don't even think someone's looking into it!
    -=rayna.keith=-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Rayna ... to read about the lack of a proper response to the well~worded FOI request you sent to the *Home Office 3 days ago.

Question now is: WHICH of *its departments does deal with enquiries like yours? ... wish I knew the answer! Thing is, Myrna came here in March 2009 ... a year and a half before these (in my opinion) totally unnecessary (for Filipinos anyway) **English Language Tests came into being ... hence I am, what you might say, "in the dark" as far as **they're concerned.

Peter would be the person most likely to know, I should imagine. Meanwhile, I'd like to acknowledge the time and effort you've put into this exercise on members' behalf ... You're a 'STAR' ... again!

I must agree .....I got some time to kill at the moment so reading stuff I wouldn't normally...It's a bloody minefield......You all have my sympathy

Well, I've booked Maritess for this Saturday the 26th because they told me that General training will be discontinued after Saturday so everyone will have to take Academic from then on, also they told me score 5.5 is B2!

Well, I've booked Maritess for this Saturday the 26th because they told me that General training will be discontinued after Saturday so everyone will have to take Academic from then on, also they told me score 5.5 is B2!
    What do you mean by they will discontinue the GT exams? Is that for the test centre only? Because I just saw that the university in Wrexham that does IELTS still have the GT exams till end of 2014.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    Maybe he meant that GT exam dates will finish this month for this year and resumes next year.

What do you mean by they will discontinue the GT exams? Is that for the test centre only? Because I just saw that the university in Wrexham that does IELTS still have the GT exams till end of 2014.
    Rayna,
    Sheffield are not doing any more GT at all, they said if want a GT exam after this month one must apply at Manchester!

Michael ... all the very best to Maritess for Saturday ... after which, you can both chill out and relax with the only G & T that I've ever heard of ... a nice, refreshing 'gin & tonic'!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Michael ... all the very best to Maritess for Saturday ... after which, you can both chill out and relax with the only G & T that I've ever heard of ... a nice, refreshing 'gin & tonic'!
    Thanks Arthur!

Sorry Michael, I somehow missed this post......
    All best wishes to Maritess for Saturday

I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine

Thank you Peter!

I dont know if this would help some of our members looking for answers regarding the new changes for the English test..very vital to read these links below as you can check the documents required with the application for ILR/Citizenship/levels covered by test /test validity and who awarded the English test/

links:
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
    Appendix KOLL of the HC628 (pages 59-77)

Appendix ''O''
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...les/appendixo/

..I take it that some doesnt need to sit on another test , because it has no expiration and got a higher level speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent..but on the contrary some people who got a higher level of B1 but has the validity of 2years must sit on another test.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Okay, I just want to give an update on this.

One member of the immigration boards forum sent me a private message earlier regarding the English test concerns we have (I joined that forum when I was waiting for my FLR(M) so I can post my inquiries on their forum too). Anyway, I posted my same concern here on that forum. This member told me that he called the UKBA Croydon office and asked my inquiry in behalf of his wife (who has the same issue as me). The UKBA staff told him that "when it comes to settlement application the valid period of the language exam does not apply. Such valid period only apply to entry clearance applicant. Even though the qualification has expired if you apply for the settlement in UK it does not matter". But knowing the fact that UKBA staff say different stuffs all the time, I told him that I'm going to email my MP for him to inquire to UKBA so I have a written statement from them just in case. He said that he will do the same to be on the safe side.

Maybe the others here can do the same so we can really get a written answer. This would be a big peace of mind for someone who came here already having an English test with B1 level or above even if the test cert is already expired. Coz like what has been said before, I don't think someone's ability to speak English would downgrade once he/she comes to the UK.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Is there any translation for IELTS or does it have to be this particular test?

Quote Originally Posted by robbie bobby View Post
    Is there any translation for IELTS or does it have to be this particular test?
    IELTS is just one of the approved tests. Check the list of the approved English tests from UKBA's website.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Well done Rayna......that seems to support the published writings and statements of intent.

I feel more positive, but like you have almost zero confidence in UKBA telephone staff

We went to learn direct today in Luton and got Rina's B1 done.
    They took about 90 minutes walking her through a session on examples and then tested her.
    I don't know what the score actually was as the certificate takes 2 weeks to come through, but was at least what immigration need.
    So now I just need to fill in the ma mouth form and collect all the evidence in readiness for the PEO on the 19th Nov.
    The cost of this was a shocking £250!!
    But it's done and we can move on with life.

Hi Tone..If it's not too much to ask, when Rina submits her ILR application, is it okay if she can ask the UKBA staff/caseworker regarding the issue above (if an expired English test cert with B1 level mark or above is still acceptable for the settlement and naturalisation application)? Their response will be helpful to the members here. Thanks in advance!

I already sent an email to my MP regarding this and I hope he can get a response from UKBA.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Hi Tone..If it's not too much to ask, when Rina submits her ILR application, is it okay if she can ask the UKBA staff/caseworker regarding the issue above (if an expired English test cert with B1 level mark or above is still acceptable for the settlement and naturalisation application)? Their response will be helpful to the members here. Thanks in advance!

I already sent an email to my MP regarding this and I hope he can get a response from UKBA.
    Hi Rayna - of course it's no problem at all, I will be with her and will certainly ask.
    Tone

Postie just been and delivered Maritess results for IELTS exam, Her score is 5.5, she will be over the moon when she arrives home from work!

Postie just been and delivered Maritess results for IELTS exam, Her score is 5.5, she will be over the moon when she arrives home from work!
    Many congratulations to Maritess

Onwards and upwards

Michael ... I'm delighted to read your marvellous news; please also convey my sincere congratulations to Maritess when she arrives home from work.

Trusted Member
    Congratulations to Maritess, excellent news !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information