Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Gretna Green

Gretna Green

Hi guys,

Is it possible for me and my fiance to marry in Scotland even though i live in England and her coming here on a UK fiance visa, im thinking it shouldnt be a problem as she would have UK visa but it would be great to have your views on this.

were both interested in using one of the Gretna green wedding coordinators to help plan our wedding and make a booking with the registry there. and afterwards we will spend our honeymoon touring the Scottish highlands because we really love the castles and scenery there.

thanks

Newbie (Restricted Access) Fuzzybear's Avatar
    What a brilliant idea and very romantic. I have to say I am surprised you are able to bring your fiancé over here as the Border Agency and immigration procedures are so strict these days Did you encounter many difficulties in securing the fiancé visa? I am sure any advice on the issuing of fiancé visas would be welcomed by some forum members

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gooner1014 View Post
    Hi guys,

Is it possible for me and my fiance to marry in Scotland even though i live in England and her coming here on a UK fiance visa, im thinking it shouldnt be a problem as she would have UK visa but it would be great to have your views on this.

were both interested in using one of the Gretna green wedding coordinators to help plan our wedding and make a booking with the registry there. and afterwards we will spend our honeymoon touring the Scottish highlands because we really love the castles and scenery there.

thanks
    Of course it's possible, go ahead get on with it and have a nice wedding, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
    What a brilliant idea and very romantic. I have to say I am surprised you are able to bring your fiancé over here as the Border Agency and immigration procedures are so strict these days Did you encounter many difficulties in securing the fiancé visa? I am sure any advice on the issuing of fiancé visas would be welcomed by some forum members
    She hasnt got a fiance visa yet, for that we will apply in january. ive read on a thread here that we have to arrange a wedding date with the registry first and then we can use that as proof of our intention to get to get married and among other types of proof.

Respected Member
    Get her ear trained on the Scottish accent. If the registrar has a strong Glasweigan accent she's going to have fun

Try to pick the day next year when it isn't raining ... I forecast June 22nd

Before any Scots get on my case they have to agree, it rains a lot on the Western side of their lovely country!

Thread Information