Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: spouse visa

spouse visa

Hi everyone, as you now know me and soliel have our fiance visa and sol is now here in the uk, our next step is to get married then straight away put the spouse visa in.
    The fiance visa is a 6 month visa and we knew we had too marry in this time but too get the spouse visas done and approved it means we will have too marry early november and get the visa app in asap, as it can take up too 12 weeks again too process and approve is this correct??????also xmas is coming up, so will affect time scales etc.
    Can any one send me the link too the spouse visa checklist and application process by sticky i think it was? and any other help or comments on this subject would be appreciated.
    all the best steve

ALSO IS THERE ANY KIND OF FAST TRACK WE CAN DO WHEN DOING THIS VISA WITHIN THE UK?.....

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENJAG View Post
    Hi everyone, as you now know me and soliel have our fiance visa and sol is now here in the uk, our next step is to get married then straight away put the spouse visa in.
    The fiance visa is a 6 month visa and we knew we had too marry in this time but too get the spouse visas done and approved it means we will have too marry early november and get the visa app in asap
    she needs to apply FLR (Further Leave to Remain)
    pls check the link and read the guidance notes..hope it helps
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...lrm1020091.pdf
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

The fiance visa is a 6 month visa and we knew we had too marry in this time but too get the spouse visas done and approved it means we will have too marry early november and get the visa app in asap, as it can take up too 12 weeks again too process and approve is this correct??????also xmas is coming up, so will affect time scales etc.
    Can any one send me the link too the spose visa checklist and application process by sticky i think it was? and any other help or comments on this subject would be appreciated.
    all the best steve
    I not sure I fully understand what your asking................

Yes the Fiancee visa is a 6 months visa. Means, under normal circumstances, you are expected to actually get married within that 6 month time frame and then to make an application for FLR (Further Leave to Remain)

There is no obligation or requirement to have the FLR approved and issued by The Home Office (UKBA) within that period, only to have submitted the application.

There's no way to predict just how long the processing will take, but the immigration status of the application remains at the same level as it was at the time of application throughout the processing time.
    The downside to this is that the applicant remains unable to take up employment.

If you have the budget it would be worth considering a 'same-day' decision by personal application at your nearest PEO.

You can download the FLR(M) application form and Guide etc from this UKBA webpage at the right-hand side

Have a look through the form and guide and ask any specific questions you still feel unsure about.

WHAT IS THIS FOR, TO GIVE US MORE TIME TO GET MARRIED DO YOU MEAN?, OUR PLAN IS TO GET MARRIED 7TH OF NOVEMBER AND APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA 13TH OF NOVEMBER, SOLS PRESENT VISA RUNS OUT 28TH OF FEBUARY 2014, DO WE APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA THEN DO THE FLR? OR FLR FIRST....

WHAT IS THIS FOR, TOO GIVE US MORE TIME TOO GET MARRIED DO YOU MEAN?, OUR PLAN IS TOO GET MARRIED 7TH OF NOVEMBER AND APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA 13TH OF NOVEMBER, SOLS PRESENT VISA RUNS OUT 28TH OF FEBUARY 2014, DO WE APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA THEN DO THE FLR? OR FLR FIRST....
    I guess you haven't had a chance to read the responses and follow the links provided

oops yes sorry lol i will read today n reply later, thanks guys

WHAT IS THIS FOR, TOO GIVE US MORE TIME TOO GET MARRIED DO YOU MEAN?, OUR PLAN IS TOO GET MARRIED 7TH OF NOVEMBER AND APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA 13TH OF NOVEMBER, SOLS PRESENT VISA RUNS OUT 28TH OF FEBUARY 2014, DO WE APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA THEN DO THE FLR? OR FLR FIRST....
    You are confusing yourself sorry ...i need to elaborate,...after your marriage she can apply FLR if that make sense
    p.s.
    Please mind your caps lock.tnx

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    I guess you haven't had a chance to read the responses and follow the links provided
    thanks Peter

oops yes sorry lol i will read today n reply later, thanks guys
    no worries
    read it well and come back for the updates ..lots of helpful people in this forum

hi guys i havejust had a quick flick through the flr notes, how long does this then grant us...
    we are thinking we may just put in the spouse visa application straight after the wedding, as wed maybe prefer to get the ball rolling on that front first....if its taking forever to process could we then put in for the flr while were waiting?is there a fast track or priority on the spousal visa process itself if done from within the uk, as there seems to be with the flr?can any one point me to the full checklist we need for spousal visa, saw it a few months ago .
    example....we just put in for the flr, it gets refused, few months have passed we apply for spousal visa were a few month in, fiance visa is about to run out....where would that leave us?

hi guys i havejust had a quick flick through the flr notes, how long does this then grant us...
    we are thinking we may just put in the spouse visa application straight after the wedding, as wed maybe prefer to get the ball rolling on that front first....if its taking forever to process could we then put in for the flr while were waiting?is there a fast track or priority on the spousal visa process itself if done from within the uk, as there seems to be with the flr?can any one point me to the full checklist we need for spousal visa, saw it a few months ago .
    example....we just put in for the flr, it gets refused, few months have passed we apply for spousal visa were a few month in, fiance visa is about to run out....where would that leave us?
    Steven,
    As I mentioned in my previous post, it's not possible to predict how long it will take to process the FLR(M) application. As it stands right now UKBA are maintaining "...95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the application date and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date."

If you want fast track and have the budget then consider my suggestion of personal appearance at your local PEO
    Here's the UKBA webpage for that
    Be aware that the application must be completely straightforward to do this or your application will not get decided on the day and will go to the bottom of the postal applications.

Most folks apply for the FLR(M) as soon as possible after the wedding. There's no need to wait any longer.
    You cannot apply earlier than the wedding.

I really think you are getting confused about the process. There are not 2 different visa's as Spouse and FLR(M) .... they are one and the same. The FLR(M) is visa for "Partner of a person present and settled in the UK".
    It will be issued, together with BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) for 30 months validity. Once approved your wife may take up employment if she wishes.
    Shortly before the end of that intial 30 month FLR(M) validity she will need to apply for the second FLR(M) visa for a second period of 30 months. After that second period she will be eligible to apply for ILR

Take a review of the FLR(M) form and guide to understand whats involved. There is no official checklist

Do remember that if your reviewed under the 'new-rules (per July 2012) then you'll need to meet and comply with the Financial Requirement (as per Fiancee Visa) for the FLR(M)

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Spouse Visa is the one given/stamped for someone who got married outside UK. FLR(M) is the visa that your fiancee will need to apply after she gets married here in the UK. Technically they are the same. Your fiancee only needs to apply for FLR(M) and no other spouse visa.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

ah, my mistake sorry...ok we will go direct to the office in sheffield after the wedding then, do you know how much this visa and fast track is? do we still have to be earning 18,600 at the point of applying for second flr, and do you have to wait the whole 7 years b4 you try for ILR, or can it and the life in uk test be done sooner?

also when we looked at the spouse visa it had a list of stuff like, payslips, photos, p60s, etc etc whats the application to the PEO and the FLR visa gunna entail exactly then?without reading through the ukba website?.......as its easier to take in in laymans terms...

ah the fees 958 quid, i expected about a grand so to go in person its not too bad.......

it seems pretty straight forward where on their site does it say the exact documents we require we cant see it?

ah, my mistake sorry...ok we will go direct to the office in sheffield after the wedding then, do you know how much this visa and fast track is? do we still have too be earning 18,600 at the point of applying for second flr, and do you have to wait the whole 7 years b4 you try for ILR, or can it and the life in uk test be done sooner?

also when we looked at the spouse visa it had a list of stuff like, payslips, photos, p60s, etc etc whats the application to the PEO and the FLR visa gunna entail exactly then?without reading through the ukba website?.......as its easier to take in in laymans terms...
    Here is the cost for the FLR(M).

Fee if you are applying by post Fee if you are applying in person
    Main applicant £578 £953
    Children aged under 18 (if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant) £433 for each child included on the main applicant's application form £808 for each child included on the main applicant's application form
    Children aged under 18 (if they are applying separately from the main applicant) £578 £953

You still have to show you are earning £18,600 in applying the 2nd FLR(M) unless UKBA/Home Office change it. Applying ILR is after 2 FLR(M) which corresponds to a total of 5 years. Your wife can take the Life in the UK as soon as she wants after she has been granted FLR(M). The test certificate has no expiration so she can still use that in applying citizenship.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

so we have to maintain this earning level for five years wow they make it pretty difficult, we cant just apply for ilr after the first flr?or two years say.....?

No you can't..that's the new rules.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Unreal, with todays job market they make it so hard so if the economy took a turn for the worst and my decent job was no longer my job wed be struggling to ensure her stay here, we will have savings of over 19,000 so could go down that route worst case, but if your out of employment would want to start dipping into that...it seems they dont want any one settled to feel settled, always worrying, wondering.my jobs decent but i always feel lucky to have it, suppose wed both just have to work if ever any future problems.
    What are these documents they require then for the flr?

ive downloaded the flr form so we can start filling it in in rough, as a back up plan ill just make sure we have minimum of 17,000 in our isa, but who in the uk has such savings 65 percent of people dont even have one thousand in the bank what a joke it all is lol, but hey well beat em, we gotta.

Unreal, with todays job market they make it so hard so if the economy took a turn for the worst and my decent job was no longer my job wed be struggling to ensure her stay here, we will have savings of over 19,000 so could go down that route worst case, but if your out of employment would want to start dipping into that...it seems they dont want any one settled to feel settled, always worrying, wondering.my jobs decent but i always feel lucky to have it, suppose wed both just have to work if ever any future problems.
    What are these documents they require then for the flr?
    - You need to meet the same Financial Requirement as when the Fiancee Application was made. You did that already so should be OK for FLR(M)

- Yes it's tough to maintain the Financials for the continuing visa's. However, once the first FLR(M) is granted and if your wife will be working then the combined incomes will be used to meet all further requirements, so not so bad really.

- Do remember that only savings above £16k are allowable to make up any shortfall.
    Based on savings of £19k you'll be allowed to use £3k
    This £3k will need to be 'factored' based upon the visa period being applied. For 1st FLR thats 30 months (2.5 years)
    So the £3k becomes £3k divided by 2.5 = £1200 towards any shortfall

- Cash savings cannot be combined with self-employment income

Read through the FLR and the Guidance

many thanks great advice as usual.
    cheers

many thanks great advice as usual.
    cheers
    Well done for planning ahead

Weddings booked nov 11th, so well go in person too peo in december so as too allow even more cash showing on bank statements etc, all good.

....even more cash showing on bank statements etc, all good.
    That would be your own personal choice to do, but for UKBA they are only concerned with income thresholds and supporting evidence.
    Well unless you have the intention to utilise savings to meet a shortfall on income.

Thread Information