Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: few questions..

few questions..

hi everyone,can anyone tell me please if i go for an holiday in turkey or spain,do i need to apply a visa?i got here in the uk just a week ago with spouse visa valid until 2016.
    and also do i or my husband need to report to any authority or govt that i am here in the uk already?please help.thanks in advance

yes you do need a schengan visa for the country you will be visiting first, about reporting to any authority i do not think so ay all, and welcome too

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mendoza82 View Post
    hi everyone,can anyone tell me please if i go for an holiday in turkey or spain,do i need to apply a visa?i got here in the uk just a week ago with spouse visa valid until 2016.
    and also do i or my husband need to report to any authority or govt that i am here in the uk already?please help.thanks in advance
    Hi, if you go Turkey defo you need visa and in Spain you need schenegen visa and regarding to report any gov. Authorities you don't need to do that. What we've done before was we add my name in the district council tax bill, get national insurance number and registered to my GP.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    A schengen visa is required by yourself for entrance into Spain which must be obtained at the Spanish embassy either in London or Edinburgh depending where you live and is also free for the spouse of a EU Citizen.

Also a visa is required for Turkey for yourself and your husband, your husbands can be obtained on entry into Turkey for £10 but you yourself must obtain one from the Turkish consulate general in London at a cost of £79.

As to your question regarding reporting your arrival into the UK the answer is No you don't have to do that.

But in the meantime you should start registering yourself with the local doctor and dentist also opening a bank account etc...

Hope that helps...

oh right.,thanks stevewool lovejoy and marksroomspain u guys such a big help thank you soooooo much

Quote Originally Posted by mendoza82 View Post
    Hi mendoza,

Register with your local doctor/dentist
    Follow these links:-
    How do I register with a GP?
    How to find an NHS dentist?

Add your name to your husband's Council Tax Bill (this will provide address ID to open bank account, applying for credt, applying for FLR etc.)

Add your name to your husband's utility bills (this will provide address ID to open bank account, applying for credt, applying for FLR etc.)

Apply for a National Insurance Number
    Follow this link:-
    Get a National Insurance number

Get a bank account (probably only a 'basic' bank account as you will have no credit history)

Consider studying and passing the new Life in UK Test (you need to pass this before applying for ILR)
    Always easier to study and pass before while you have time free before you start working.

Here are some other very useful links to research and explore:-

Here is a pretty good general website called Just arrived in UK
    If you click on that link you'll also see you can select different languages including Filipino

The very best website for all issues connected with the UK Government Departments etc is here called GOV.UK
    You'll find a complete range of information and services. Very useful.

You'll need to be familiar with the Provision of UK Health services within the NHS. Their website is here called NHS Choices

THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR TERPE.YOURE THE MAN

Thread Information