Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar

Exclamation Help!!! Family & child visit visa application

Well, I am back! I am starting to recover from the whirlwind that happened to our lives for the past two months where my in-laws sadly went but they are surely happy being together now. Husband's alright and we are starting to look forward to the future and ready to ditch this year in the bin.

So, we are planning to take my daughter for a little holiday here in britain with my sister as her company next year after school. We are planning to apply for a family and child visa for them two. I am starting my research and study about these visas and we will start to collect documents very soon.

Just few queries on my mind that needs clearing out and I am sure that I will get plenty of help from you guys.

1. It says on the family visit visa requirements page that the family the applicant will be visiting MUST be a british citizen or SETTLED IN THE UK. Now I am currently holding a biometric residence permit as I was granted for a leave to remain and in my own understanding (i might be wrong as I am sometimes silly) I am settled in the uk as my current immigarion stat is under the Settlement Visa visas. Can someone clear and explain to me if I am really settled or not? Thanks in advance.

2. My daughter is 5 years old, in case they will get granted with the visa and will be able to fly to the UK, do you think that my daughters fare will be a full paying airfare like adults as well? She wont be a lap child as she is quite chunky so she will be taking a seat. Who have experienced this? Can someone share some thoughts?

I might have more queries very soon but just to knock some off of my mind will surely help a lot. Thanks in advance and welcome back to me!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Hi Novie!

1. Yes, you are considered as a settled person here in the UK.

2. I'm not sure about the flights. But when my nephew (he was 4 or 5 y.o. that time) went to Hong Kong with my parents and grandparents, I think his flight was on a 30 or 40% discount, even if he has a seat of his own too. Now, I'm not sure with flights going to UK. Maybe you can do a trial search on the airlines' sites to see if it is discounted.

Hope that helps
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thanks Rayna! atleast I am not being silly this time! hahahahah. I knew I am settled it just it stired me mind a bit. I will try to do some flight search about that and will let you know. Thanks again!

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Nice to see you back Novie sort of missed your views here, normally a child aged 12 or under receives a 25% discount off adult price but still has to pay full UK departure tax same as adult if the adult fare is £600 then expect to pay £450 for a child seat...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Nice to see you back Novie sort of missed your views here, normally a child aged 12 or under receives a 25% discount off adult price but still has to pay full UK departure tax same as adult if the adult fare is £600 then expect to pay £450 for a child seat...
    Ohh thanks for the infos mark. Ill bear that in mind. Atleast few quid will be knocked off. Better than nothing! thanks a bunch! xx

I was just wondering, do I need to provide two sets of financial statements (6 months payslips, bank statements, accommodation papers etc) for my daughters visa and for my sisters visa or are they going to cater both visa as one?

Thread Information