Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

New to the forum

hi everyone.
    I'm Andy recently got engaged to my beautiful fiancee Mizel. We met online in Nov 2013,met in person Dec 2013.
    We are just waiting for her to pass the english test then we should be ready to submit our application.
    I wish i found this place a couple of months ago,might well have saved us a lot of stress.
    Surely its not just me ho finds the UKBA website quite possibly the most un intuitive site on the web.
    Mizel has her IELTS booked for 29th aug wish we'd realised ielts wasnt the only option .Initially we thought her BSN in Nursing was sufficient for the english test,it was only when we went to submit in July that we found out it wasnt(at least VSF never charged us).I must've read that page on UKBA a 100 times .only a couple of days ago i noticed it is Only Academic Degrees .Oh well live and learn.
    Other than the test i think we are finally ready.We have met ive been over to visit 3 times in 7 months.We chat daily via social media,accommodation passed inspection,submitting pics of the wedding rings which are engraved with our names we brought on last visit.I meet the financial requirements.
    So far our journey has been far from plain sailing,every document needed seemed to have a bump in getting it.When she went to Manila for the TB test her flight got delayed requiring new appointment,When getting her CENOMAR the computer system crashed requiring to go back the following day.some little hitch for just about everything.Still i'd do it all 10 times over to have her by my side.Surely we are due some luck.
    It would be nice if you could just pick up the phone and just ask someone at the UKBA and get a straight answer.
    Anyway fingers crossed she passes she's absolutely terrified.especially the Speaking test (i wouldn't fancy my chances of passing).

Hi andy,

I'm a newbie on this forum as well. I came here in the UK last month, under a spouse visa.

I understand what you and you're fiance are going through. As my husband and i had a difficult time understanding the ukba too. Reading through the whole thing was a bit complicated, we found. and didn't know where to start exactly. The VFs was a great help, as they gave us a list of things to get for the processing of my visa. Well, one thing is for sure though... Once you completed everything (requirements), it won't take too long. Mine only took 1 1/2 months after the submission.

Good luck!

hi there and welcome to the forum ..
    you mean u met Mizel lastyear 2012??
    we also encountered some delays in our visa processing and its part of trials i guess ... i also took IELTS via British Council and speaking test is really stressful hehe its like having job interview for me.. but she will be ok
    If love doesn’t require some sort of sacrifice on our part, we probably aren’t loving the person at all.

Hello Andy, welcome aboard Filipino UK

Yes, there are many challenges to face and often with some 'bumps' as you've already discovered.

There's plenty of members here who have been along the same path and can share their experiences to smooth the way.

Applying as a Fiancee is principally the same as Partner/Spouse but there are some important additional issues to prepare.

Take some time to review this forum thread:-
    All New Guide - How to apply for a Fiance Visa

Many couples find it tricky to show 'intention to get married'.
    UKBA don't say much about this but here's what they do say - What evidence is required of marriage arrangements?

Not very helpful.

To be honest it's very closely connected to the relationship itself and if the ECO believes it's genuine and subsisting
    If they believe the relationship is genuine then they usually believe a marriage will take place.

Of itself, any kind booking at a Register Office or church is not proof that a marriage will take place.
    However the ECO can reasonably expect that couple will have made some tentative plans for the wedding.
    Any evidence at all, however small, that's available to show that wedding arrangements have been discussed / shared or are in hand will help in this respect.

Think about including any facebook messages, e-mails or texts that specifically refer to wedding plans:-

- Where and when
    - Rings, dress, cake, catering, reception
    - Guests, invitations

Also try to establish a communication chain between you and the registry office inquiring about setting a wedding date.
    Give them when you intend to get married and they will tell you that you both physically have to be there to set a date.
    Reply back for instructions and info and they will email you back a price list and what you have to do. Could all be done by e-mail and invaluable as documentary evidence.

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum
    Good luck to Mizel in her test next week and to you both for the journey ahead

hello! welcome to the forum! new here as well and understand how u both r going through. ukba sometimes confusing too but worth rereading every now and then.anyway any questions u have u can ask here. ive been thankful i found this forum too. goodluck!

Thanks
    for the welcome and yes i did mean 2012
    Thinking of booking Mizel in for the TOEIC A1 test as a back up in case things dont go our way with IELTS.The whole process has cost so much whats a bit more ,this way worst case she doesnt get band 4 on IELTS she should have no prob at all passing A1 level.And will only delay our application by a couple of days.
    If she passes IELTS its just wasted some money.
    Personally i think she can pass the IELTS to at least band4.

hi there and welcome lots of great advice can be found here and if you cannot find it , just ask, its going to be a long road for all new people, how it changes every year i am just glad i am not going through it all now,
    But its worth every penny i may add

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg View Post
    Thanks
    for the welcome and yes i did mean 2012
    Thinking of booking Mizel in for the TOEIC A1 test as a back up in case things dont go our way with IELTS.The whole process has cost so much whats a bit more ,this way worst case she doesnt get band 4 on IELTS she should have no prob at all passing A1 level.And will only delay our application by a couple of days.
    If she passes IELTS its just wasted some money.
    Personally i think she can pass the IELTS to at least band4.
    You said that Mizel had a BS Nursing course. IELTS would be a perfect test for her because this is the English test required to be a nurse here in the UK. I think she needs to have a total band score of 7 for IELTS Academic Type test. If she's doing IELTS, she'll have an idea how to pass the IELTS for nurses, in case she'll pursue that field.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Hi Andy & Mizal, welcome to the forum and good luck on your future journey!

Welcome to the forum Andy

i'm new here as well i don't even know how post question here

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shie View Post
    i'm new here as well i don't even know how post question here
    Err...you already made 10 posts...
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Andy ... congratulations on your recent engagement. All the best to Mizel for next week's test, applying for her visa in turn ... and, ultimately, for a very happy future together.

Well Mizel had her IELTS over the last couple of days.She wasn't overly confident that she did well on the speaking test (but i think she probably did much better than she realises),but felt pretty good about the rest.Worst case we have her booked in for TOEIC next month just in case which has a much lower pass requirement.
    Will be sure to keep you posted,will find out the results on 11th sept so everything crossed.Could well be submitting our application mid september
    Thanks for the positive vibes everyone .Been feeling very confident lately .

i found listening test more difficult ... i was so stressed waiting for the result lol .. then when they posted and i saw my good grades am like i won the lottery lol ..
    If love doesn’t require some sort of sacrifice on our part, we probably aren’t loving the person at all.

Well Mizel had her IELTS over the last couple of days.She wasn't overly confident that she did well on the speaking test (but i think she probably did much better than she realises),but felt pretty good about the rest.Worst case we have her booked in for TOEIC next month just in case which has a much lower pass requirement.
    Will be sure to keep you posted,will find out the results on 11th sept so everything crossed.Could well be submitting our application mid september
    Thanks for the positive vibes everyone .Been feeling very confident lately .
    Andy, please be sure to double check every piece of documentary evidence you plan to submit against requirement before that visa application is completed and paid for.
    You will find all the detail you need to help here. Just make a quick search.
    Don't be shy to ask. This visa process is far too serious to take any risks whatsoever.

Welcome to the forum guys

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    HELLO im new in the forum.. i want to ask if i can go in Uk using my EU VISA (My husband is frencH and im living in france) and work .. thanks

WOOT Mizel passed her IELTS bless her.
    Aquestion for those who have taken IELTS ,how long did the certificate take to arrive and is sent by courier or standard post?thanks
    dead excited that light at the end of the tunnel just got a whole lot brighter.

Aquestion for those who have taken IELTS ,how long did the certificate take to arrive and is sent by courier or standard post?thanks
    the day they post the scores online i receive my certificate the same day...just wait 3 days congrats ...

Onwards and upwards

Well done Mizel!

Well after a few bumps and hiccups getting our documents Mizel submitted our application to the UKBA today .Now the torturous wait for an answer.
    I'm so excited as each day that passes is a day closer to having my sweetie with me .

Well after a few bumps and hiccups getting our documents Mizel submitted our application to the UKBA today .Now the torturous wait for an answer.
    I'm so excited as each day that passes is a day closer to having my sweetie with me .
    Welcome to the forum Andy and Mizel...good luck with the application
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Good luck Andy...

Well we got the emails from UKBA & VSF this morning.Hell yeah Mizel should be picking up her visa tomorrow
    3 weeks to the day
    Hopefully get her CFO sticker as well.Already got the seminar certificate from the nuns from hell.
    Then its book flights,and go and bring my sweetie home ,looking 1st week in nov.
    Excited.com ,so so relieved .feel like the weight of the world has been lifted.

Congratulations, well done and good luck in your future life together!

Ohh been sso busy lately .well Mizel has settled in very well and we are now very happily married .We will post some piccies later and im sure Mizel will be posting soon.Good luck to everyone else in our situation.

Ohh been sso busy lately .well Mizel has settled in very well and we are now very happily married .We will post some piccies later and im sure Mizel will be posting soon.Good luck to everyone else in our situation.
    congratulation we also just got married hehehe .... wising u all the best guys

Thread Information