Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

passport for child of settled immigrant

not sure if iv,e come across this question being asked ,but once I manage to bring my g f,s daughter into u.k as a dependant of her mom she is 15 right now .Can she apply for her own passport or does she have to wait so many years like her mum ?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    not sure if iv,e come across this question being asked ,but once I manage to bring my g f,s daughter into u.k as a dependant of her mom she is 15 right now .Can she apply for her own passport or does she have to wait so many years like her mum ?
    As it stands right now she'll have the same visa status as the mother.
    Means if her mother (your g/f) will be on a 5 year immigration journey then so will the daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    As it stands right now she'll have the same visa status as the mother.
    Means if her mother (your g/f) will be on a 5 year immigration journey then so will the daughter.
    i wonder if 5yrs to ILR will cause problems for some people if they become over 18 and you need to apply for FLR/ILR as a dependent, then im sure (i need to check) that they would still need to be dependent on their parents and not leading an independent lifestyle (ie not married or working) or they would have to apply in their own right.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i wonder if 5yrs to ILR will cause problems for some people if they become over 18 and you need to apply for FLR/ILR as a dependent, then im sure (i need to check) that they would still need to be dependent on their parents and not leading an independent lifestyle (ie not married or working) or they would have to apply in their own right.
    I think a member here has had the same case, Joe. I just forgot his name. Well, that was when it was still the old rule, but his stepchild was about 18 (or older, I really can't remember exactly) and still dependent on them.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I think a member here has had the same case, Joe. I just forgot his name. Well, that was when it was still the old rule, but his stepchild was about 18 (or older, I really can't remember exactly) and still dependent on them.
    that could have been me , but that was yrs ago, my stepson turned 18yr before his mom could apply for ILR, so i made sure he was still dependent on us when he and his mom applied for ILR
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    that could have been me , but that was yrs ago, my stepson turned 18yr before his mom could apply for ILR, so i made sure he was still dependent on us when he and his mom applied for ILR
    Hahaha..I'm sure it's not you Joe.. I tried searching last night but failed to get the exact thread..I think his stepdaughter/son has been refused and they appealed and got the refusal overturned. I really can't remember his name..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Hahaha..I'm sure it's not you Joe.. I tried searching last night but failed to get the exact thread..I think his stepdaughter/son has been refused and they appealed and got the refusal overturned. I really can't remember his name..
    i remember the post, but with the minimum financial requirement now this could make it difficult for people who are now over 18yr and are working who dont have ILR yet , i can see a can of worms opening up here in the future.

i remember the post, but with the minimum financial requirement now this could make it difficult for people who are now over 18yr and are working who dont have ILR yet , i can see a can of worms opening up here in the future.
    thats what I,m affraid of

Thread Information