Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

U.k fiance/visaspousal questions...

Hello to all! can anyone help me out regarding with my visa questions? I'm quiet confused of what should I go I mean should I go for fiancee visa or spousal visa? I would like to come to U.K asap.. which one is fastest ? Thanks.

they both take the same amount of time.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

But I'm quiet confused. If I will go with the spousal visa thing and get married here in the Philippines den do we need to live together for how long years? Are we require to live together as a married couple before processing the visa thing?

U.k fiance/visaspousal questions...

Hi guys! Who has any idea on what would be the rules if we got married here in the Philippines first and den I'll apply for spousal visa. Is it a big chance to get a spousal visa easy rather than applying for a fiancee visa and get married in U.K? how long the spousal visa will take like? Thanks in advance.

I'm just quiet confused regarding with marrying here in the Philippines. Like for instance; let's assume that we're married already "is der any requirement like we need to live together as a married couple like 2 to 3 years before heading to the spousal visa process thing? or can we apply for the spousal visa after the marriage happened straight away?

Me and my Fiancee have been together like 3 years and 5 months now we meet and even though we are in a long distance relationship but we always find ways to communicate every day regardless with the time difference we have.

I need to find loads of info's before heading to the next move cos visa things is very expensive and we can;t afford if we get denied in the process I am just making a good shot at least by gathering loads of infos.
    We really both need to be together cos being apart is sux.

Thanks I hope everyone can help me out..

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    From personal experience, marry in the Philippines, welcome to the forum and good luck!

Hey Michael Marnham, Thank You.

do you have any ideas if embassy requires us to live together as a married couple after the marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by pecia19 View Post
    Hey Michael Marnham, Thank You.

do you have any ideas if embassy requires us to live together as a married couple after the marriage?
    There's no requirement for that at all.
    There is however, a requirement to prove the relationship is genuine and subsisting

May I suggest your first step is reading this forum thread and following all the included links to the UKBA site.

All New Guide - How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Visa

You should also make searches here in the forum for any areas/topic of concern
    Don't be shy to ask as many questions as you want. You and your fiance really need to fully understand what's needed and how to prepare.
    This is far too expensive and far too serious to make guesses.

Pecia19,

I hope you agree but I've taken the liberty to merge your posts as they essentially duplicate each other.

By the way, welcome here to Filipino UK forum.

Solely in terms of the visa application technical process and documentary evidence needed there's really very little difference between the Fiancee Visa and Spouse Visa.

Try to take time to read this forum thread called Fiance(e) Visa or Spouse Visa? Which is best?

I've already provided a link for spouse visa (above) but you may also find this thread on getting married in the Philippines to be helpful:-
    Getting Married.
    The 1st step

Yes. Thank you very much Terpe.

As far as I'm concerned. In the list of genuine and subsisting relationship we can always prove it. However, I haven't seen he's family yet. But he does seen all of my family's here every time when he visits me.

My concern do I need to go to U.K and apply for tourist visa to see he's family at least? or I can just disregard this and go on with the marriage thing and apply spousal even though I haven't met he's family?

Yes. Thank you very much Terpe.

As far as I'm concerned. In the list of genuine and subsisting relationship we can always prove it. However, I haven't seen he's family yet. But he does seen all of my family's here every time when he visits me.

My concern do I need to go to U.K and apply for tourist visa to see he's family at least? or I can just disregard this and go on with the marriage thing and apply spousal even though I haven't met he's family?
    No. For visa application purposes it's not necessary that you visit UK.

Please do read the links provided, I'm confident that you'll find a much better understanding.
    You'll also better understand the type and nature of documentary evidences that are demanded.

Terpe. Indeed so helpful thank you very much for the links...

Terpe. Indeed so helpful thank you very much for the links...
    You're welcome

It doesn't take so long to read those informations and then you'll be better place to ask questions which more specific to your own situation.

Dont be shy to ask questions

Thread Information