Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar

Please oh please fill me in...

Hello everyone, geez i feel like i have been so lost not being on this site for ages!!

i am not starting to have so many concerns with my upcoming application for my ILR. I already have bought the 3rd edition book for Life in the UK test which i think is more ELABORATE with regards to UK History (interesting though) but am quite confuse is that ESOL test!? Does that mean I have to take that test as well???if so, how do i go about this and should i study for it as well?? and learn how to speak in English

Another concern that bothers me now is this. I have read on the UK Border Agency:

If you delayed your entry to the UK
    If you were given a visa in this category but you then delayed your travel to the UK by up to 3 months, you can apply for settlement using application form SET(M) shortly before your visa expires. Provided you meet all the other requirements, we will put your application on hold until you have completed your 2-year qualifying period in the UK.

i have received my visa june 26 last year, but went to UK in July last year, so thats not 3 months? should i be bothered about this? will this count as my days of absence in UK?

is there any thread in here that share any step by step experience how they done their ILR?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    You should not worry about that statement from the UKBA website. Every ILR applicants can submit the application 28 days before their 2-year qualifying period (the earliest). From what I understand in that statement, it's for someone who delayed going to UK for 3 months. So you're safe.

With regards to the English test, you don't necessarily need to enroll in a course. You just have to take one of the approved English test (
    http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf) and get a B1 level mark.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information